GDT: [Game #69 (nice)] Dallas Stars @ Edmonton Oilers – 8:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Puck Luck 73

Dec 17, 2021
I love Robo but he has been complete crap on puck battles and on the puck the last several games. Its nearly like he doesnt even care

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
1679049312819.png

nightmare fuel

Reactions: The Tourist

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
I think we'll right the ship or whatever, but it sucks that Dallas can look like a top team for a handful of games and then whatever these losses were.

Is this a scheduling issue or a lack of attention to detail issue? It's much easier to swallow losses when we look like we're trying and just getting goalie'd.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I think we'll right the ship or whatever, but it sucks that Dallas can look like a top team for a handful of games and then whatever these losses were.

Is this a scheduling issue or a lack of attention to detail issue? It's much easier to swallow losses when we look like we're trying and just getting goalie'd.

To be fair Dallas has one of the hardest road schedule's in the league every year. You can definitely tell when the travel is getting to them.

However, not playing a well rested Lundkvist the last 2 games is what makes me not think much of Pete DeBoer. That's pretty short-sighted for an NHL coach.

Last edited:

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
ive gotten better at not being disappointed in bad outcomes/poor efforts

Its a long season. Ultimately the record is all that matters- and theyre still tops in the central right there with Minnesota and Colorado. They must be doing something right.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
To be fair Dallas has one of the hardest road schedule's in the league ever year. You can definitely tell when the travel is getting to them.

However, not playing a well rested Lundkvist the last 2 games is what makes me not think much of Pete DeBoer. That's pretty short-sighted for an NHL coach.
Yeah that decision boggles my mind still, especially when the backend lacks offensive talent. It blows my mind. Really hoping he smartens up and plays Nils tomorrow, I thought he was a shoe in to play yesterday.

All in all though, the road trip has been a good one aside from the Canucks stinker when you consider the travel and missing 2 top 6F.

Reactions: piqued and Zapp

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
there isn't a team in the league that looks great for all 82 games

even Boston of all teams just got blown out by Detroit and then Chicago, both after surrendering a 2-0 lead to Edmonton

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
might be soon time to lump him with all the other Guys
Say what? Even last night, and really more and more as the season goes on, Ty has played with increasing confidence, or at least with boundless hustle. I trust you are basing this on him falling down that led to the ENG? He just fell. Not a confidence issue, nor anything that affected that game.

I will agree with everyone's take on playing Nils more. Suter is the one who needs rest at his age. Nils has had enough rest. I don't really see what PEB sees that erodes his confidence in him.

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I don't question Ty's effort and hustle. I question his ability when he has the puck. He's even worse than Faska in the offensive zone. Ty as a 4th line hustle guy, pk'er has really good value to the lineup with his cheap contract. Moving him up the lineup hoping he'll generate or at least contribute offensively is tilting at windmills. That part of his junior game just has not translated to the NHL.

The second Seguin then Marchment went down Dallas should have bit the bullet and called up a top sixer from Cedar Park. I have no idea if Damiani or Blumel are good enough for the NHL game but they're probably not worse than Dellandrea. Quite frankly Dallas needs to figure that out with them so they can make informed moves this off-season and perhaps emergency callups in the playoffs if necessary.

Thankfully help is coming next season with Stankoven and maybe Bourque. But lumping those two boat anchors to Domi isn't good enough and basically eliminates that line from contributing anything offensively in game.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I don't question Ty's effort and hustle. I question his ability when he has the puck. He's even worse than Faska in the offensive zone. Ty as a 4th line hustle guy, pk'er has really good value to the lineup with his cheap contract. Moving him up the lineup hoping he'll generate or at least contribute offensively is tilting at windmills. That part of his junior game just has not translated to the NHL.

The second Seguin then Marchment went down Dallas should have bit the bullet and called up a top sixer from Cedar Park. I have no idea if Damiani or Blumel are good enough for the NHL game but they're probably not worse than Dellandrea. Quite frankly Dallas needs to figure that out with them so they can make informed moves this off-season and perhaps emergency callups in the playoffs if necessary.

Thankfully help is coming next season with Stankoven and maybe Bourque. But lumping those two boat anchors to Domi isn't good enough and basically eliminates that line from contributing anything offensively in game.
I don't think they were going to shuffle the bodies on the roster during the road trip. When they get back home after Calgary, we'll see if they look for some new help from the AHL.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
And, there may be cap issues. I think most agree that Ty is basically a Faksa replacement. Many here were calling for hit to replace Faksa two years ago, but Nill thought he should ripen a bit more. He looked impressive in his one playoff game and stuck this year. I get the impression that our calls to elevate Diamani as an offensive weapon will go unheard, and really, if they thought he really would be better offensively, he would be here. I think Riley's time as a promising scoring prospect is over in their eyes.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
And, there may be cap issues. I think most agree that Ty is basically a Faksa replacement. Many here were calling for hit to replace Faksa two years ago, but Nill thought he should ripen a bit more. He looked impressive in his one playoff game and stuck this year. I get the impression that our calls to elevate Diamani as an offensive weapon will go unheard, and really, if they thought he really would be better offensively, he would be here. I think Riley's time as a promising scoring prospect is over in their eyes.
The Stars haven't had a lot of injuries, but they have pretty regularly had one or two AHL forwards up, and Damiani hasn't been among them. I wonder if Nill tried to flip him for another change of scenery AHLer the same way he did Peterson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad