GDT: Game 69 (Nice): Columbus @ Boston | 7 PM EST

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
The D could use a Gudas and Hakanpaa, then it would be better balanced and the offensive instincts of the young guys would cost less.

Reactions: majormajor

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Looked more like two guys battling in the slot. Of all the time to make a call. Geesh!…..Maybe I need to go into a Jack Edwards rant!

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I guess long term I see Boqvist as a poor man’s Kevin Shattenkirk who’ll be at best average on defense but provide offense. If he becomes that, I’ll be ok.
I could barely tolerate a Shattenkirk (or Tyson Barrie) on my team, let alone a poor man's version of that.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
I'm just as disappointed in Boqvist at times. Super promising player, I know, but there are times when he seems like what it would be like if the most talented kid on my men's league team was just thrown in the NHL. So much skill but he's built like a sack of dough and just doesn't care to play more than half the ice.
I think I read that Bo knows this as well and plans to work on adding muscle this off-season

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Hmmmmm, there’s a guy standing right in front of our net, I think I’ll just stand to the side & watch him….

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He seemed highly in demand during his prime.

Both were/are highly situational.

Shattenkirk was shipped out of New York in disgrace. Barrie out of Toronto. They can do really well in a certain circumstance but I personally prefer more versatile D.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Both were/are highly situational.

Shattenkirk was shipped out of New York in disgrace. Barrie out of Toronto. They can do really well in a certain circumstance but I personally prefer more versatile D.
I do as well. I simply see more value in such a role if you have the right surrounding cast

Reactions: aRussian

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Ah oh……Jody getting critical…… he’s gonna get Jim Dayed if he’s not careful…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad