Post-Game Talk: Game #69 Nashville at Edmonton 2014-03-18 ("Get it over with" Edition)

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Everything this entire Preds organization has done since last summer up to the final 'Red Out' against the Hawks next month needs to be studied. They need to study and learn from it, learn what not to do ever again.

We fans got our milkshakes drank this year. They drank it up. Ssssssllllllllluuuuuurrrrrppppp.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
leggy scored

Yeah but I think the Red Wings have lost like three games prior to tonight. So still not missing Leggy too much. They did win against Edmonton though by 2-1.

Last edited:

1stLineCottonCandy

Apr 7, 2013
Chattanooga
Bring up the young guys for all that is good. This is just awful to watch. The only bearable game that has been watchable for the past 2 months for the Chicago game and still that want even that good.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Bring up the young guys for all that is good. This is just awful to watch. The only bearable game that has been watchable for the past 2 months for the Chicago game and still that want even that good.

Yeah might as well let the young guys get some experience/practice for next year. This season is pretty much over anyways.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

They are better off in Milwaukee fighting for a spot in the playoffs. Other than the bump in pay, I'd want to stay far far far away from Nashville if I were in their shoes.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
That Jones guy hasn't been working out much most of the 2nd half of the year. Now ranked last in +/- at -24 after this game.

Yeah have been pretty much disappointed w/ Jones. I know he is still young and all and will need time to learn and grow but lately he seems to be getting worse not better but so has the whole team.

Last edited:

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Yeah have been pretty much disappointed his Jones. I know he is still young and all and will need time to learn and growth but lately he seems to be getting worse and not better but so has the whole team.

What blows my mind is he is one of 2 players to play in every game thus far. Gaustad is the only other player.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
What blows my mind is he is one of 2 players to play in every game thus far. Gaustad is the only other player.

I know. You would think he would get less time w/ all the mistakes he has been making but he is either Trotz's favorite since he is suppose to be a top pick or Trotz's wants him to get more experience to be better for next year. Who knows.

twig

Dec 8, 2013
The Poile Trotz reign is over.
The right people just hasn't realized/admitted it yet.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Jones has hit that rookie wall. His body just isn't ready for an 82 game schedule, especially a compressed olympic schedule.

He is going to be a great player, he just needs conditioning

The Ellis MDZ pairing was equally as bad or worse. Ellis was exposed all night.

I sure someone will say it was Weber fault though.

wentz22

Nov 21, 2013
Is it just me or has Clune been roating threw the lines the last few games?

Just my 2cents from last night. (I only watched the first and second period). Our 2nd PP forward unit looks so much more creative that the 1st unit PP group. Also a few weeks ago MDZ wasn't getting a look on the PP because our PP was hot. Whats keeping him out of it now? It's been bad for a while now why not shake it up and put out MDZ with Ellis instead of Jones.

Oh well....

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Jones has hit that rookie wall. His body just isn't ready for an 82 game schedule, especially a compressed olympic schedule.

He is going to be a great player, he just needs conditioning

Agreed. All part of being a rookie and will be great, but for now, he's exhausted and doesn't have the same level of intensity that he did when he was playing 25 mins a night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad