Post-Game Talk: Game #69 Nashville at Edmonton 2014-03-18 ("Get it over with" Edition)

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
The most critical comment of the night concerning Pekka's play. Peks had a bad night (to be kind) ... the second and third defensive pairings had bad nights ... our 1st PP unit struggled ...

Every goalie in the NHL has his off night. This was Rinne's turn. Our PP has sucked since we traded Legwand. We simply are not moving the puck on the PP at all and teams are playing on weber's nuts more and more not allowing us to move the puck to him at all.

Hopefully once we are below the 10 games left mark they will bring up some of the kids. Would be nice to get them some work and scout them a bit first hand against NHL talent before next season starts up.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
That was a disgusting effort.

We just can't do anything against Edmonton.

0-3 and outscored 13-2- that is pathetic...........

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Jim Diamond just said on twitter they'd "probably" call up some kids after the road trip.

What would be the point?

If it was me i would send Sissions and Jones to MIL to get them away from this trash barrel in Nashville and to give MIL more ammo for the playoffs.

Play Bartley and whoever has been scratched.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
What would be the point?

If it was me i would send Sissions and Jones to MIL to get them away from this trash barrel in Nashville and to give MIL more ammo for the playoffs.

Play Bartley and whoever has been scratched.

I thought it was said that Jones was not eligible to go to Milwaukee.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Interesting....Why wouldn't he be?

I thought it had something to do with him playing in the WHL last year. I thought I read back over the summer that he either made the team or went back to the WHL, but he couldn't go to Milwaukee.

Maybe I am confused.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
Interesting....Why wouldn't he be?

He would have had to complete four seasons in juniors or be 20 years old by Dec. 31st of the same year in order to play in the AHL due to the CHL/NHL transfer agreement.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
He would have had to complete four seasons in juniors or be 20 years old by Dec. 31st of the same year in order to play in the AHL due to the CHL/NHL transfer agreement.

by year does this mean season, or actual calendar year? He will be 20 this October.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
by year does this mean season, or actual calendar year? He will be 20 this October.

All I'm finding is "20 years old by Dec. 31st of the same year" but it may be referring to last December. Not too sure at this point.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Jones is young he will make mistakes at this level. The thing is he is a minor problem. There a lot worse issues with the team than Jones making rookie mistakes and Pekka having a bad game here and there.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Jones is young he will make mistakes at this level. The thing is he is a minor problem. There a lot worse issues with the team than Jones making rookie mistakes and Pekka having a bad game here and there.
Agreed. Our forward play is beyond horrible.

Our defense and goal tending has way more pressure than most teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad