GDT: GAME 69: MTL @ VAN | Living off a tablet | Thurs. March 21, 2024, 10PM ET -- TSN2, RDS, SNP, TSN690, 98.5FM

Will the Habs get at least one point in this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs on the 3rd game of their west coast swing, facing the Canucks in a late affair.

The Oilers prevailed in OT on Tuesday. Even more painful was the loss of Joshua Roy who is out indefinitely.

Trevor Letowski has been acting as interim head coach in MSL's indefinite absence and tonight will be his 3rd game flying solo behind the bench.

We have been mostly wondering what Letowski had been doing while MSL was here, now we get to see him in a role with greater responsibilities. Evenso, some of us can't seem to shake off the association with his tablet device, that he is so fond of during games, as often noted by @Apoplectic Habs Fan in GDTs.

Letowski may be acting as a head coach right now but to some, he'll always embody this ...

2oKdgxy.gif

Not too much of a stretch to imagine what he's like when conducting practices ...

g7hUOCJ.png

Legend has it that he's logged into the game for so many hours, that the makers of Angry Birds decided to turn him into one of their characters.

7rV6hcV.png

Kidding aside, if the Edmonton game is any indication, the players showed a lot of guts and effort with Letowski behind the bench -- which means either Letowski is highly respected by the players or ... he's doing a good job taking instructions from MSL, who continues to monitor the team and make decisions from a distance.

One of this season's contentious points has been the high number of minutes that Mike Matheson logs in. He seems to be used for 27-28 mins + quite regularly, even when the Habs have not been playing meaningful games for quite some time.

MSL has created a season-long blueprint for deploying Matheson, for reasons that are difficult to fathom other than by adapting the analytical model introduced by this forum's @Skip Bayless recently ...

mey567U.png

Looking like "Billy" has latitude to do as he pleases.

zXa9ba4.png

There are bright spots with the likes of Suzuki and Armia finally making good use of his assets in the last 2 months or so.

And Slaf of course, has remained productive in what has looked like a breakout for him. He had an assist on Suzuki's goal vs. the Oil, sustaining a 5-game point streak. He continues to be en fuego with 30 points in his last 39 games.

dIjmBsg.gif

But not so for Josh Anderson, who keeps acting like one of the most frustrating players to watch -- he's not offensively productive but neither does he use his physicality to impact the game. His efforts just seem to be going nowhere. And so, here he is, under his current identity.

sB8cWGf.gif

Finally, when you spend time on the main forum of this site, posters are so quick to brag and posture about reject players on their favorite team that they like to offer up in fake trades. However, when you look closely at the posting history of said posters pimping their rejects, it should come as no surprise, that ...

jAu8qBv.jpg

LINEUPS

A5neDrV.gif

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Nice work as usual Runner!

This game has the potential to be very ugly similar to the 9-4 Boston beat down. Vancouver is stacked and has to be considered a contender at this point. Not sure what Yzerman was thinking trading Hronek.
Yeah I certainly don't expect any let down on Vancouver's end.
Rick Tochett will be all in on disrupting Suzuki and killing whatever slim chance we have at staying in this game.
A quick look at the League standings tells us Vancouver don't take too many games off.

When I look at their roster I'm totally impressed with their player turnover since we owned them that Covid year.
They have what two guys left. It's sad think we should be in that same boat except for Injuries.
The untimely kind and the contractual kind. :help:

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Please let this be a normal loss.

With the Habs?! NO WAY

Crusin' down on mediocrity Street.
For some reason you just put this song in my head....thanks Tinkledink! Change the words to "Down on Mediocrity Street" and it works quite well. Singing about Slaf!

I remember standing on the corner at midnight
Trying to get my courage up
There was this long lovely dancer in a little club downtown
I loved to watch her do her stuff
Through the long lonely nights she filled my sleep
Her body softly swaying to that smoky beat
Down on Mediocrity Street
In the pool halls, the hustlers and the losers
I used to watch 'em through the glass
Well I'd stand outside at closing time
Just to watch her walk on past
Unlike all the other ladies, she looked so young and sweet