Post-Game Talk: Game 69 Hawks Blues: Corey (Takes No Sh...) Crawford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Crow, finally fed up w/ his dmen not clearing out his crease for him, took care of it himself - on multiple occasions and it WAS great to see. (Had done same thing against DET too.)

Most of the time - during in game camera closeups & or post game interviews - Crawford seems almost emotionless or at the very least, uber low key. Nothing wrong w/ that but seeing the guy take matters into his own hands - when his teammates refused to - WAS totally bad ass.

(And as someone in the GDT pointed out, Boston dmen NEVER allow their blue paint violated w/o SERIOUS consequence, or their goalie even touched, let alone effectively mugged); I loathe all things Bruins but respect the hell outta that.)

Love for Crow only increased watching it. Our netminder went down fighting - playoffs 99.9% over tho I will NOT quit til mathematically eliminated. I'm a hard head that way.

Love for Drake Caggiula too - for me, the guy became a forever Blackhawk last night. 'Nads like beachballs and the heart of a lion.
That said, I cringed when he squared off w/ that Dunn fcuker - you could tell it wasn't going to end well. Knife to a gunfight odds spotting a low center of gravity guy who's got 40-50lbs on you. Caggs is NOT a big guy, Shaw outweighs him and Shaw ain't even big either - respect both but just saying ...) Those two uppercuts were really tough to see.

STL broke the Hawks last night, you could see it 3rd period - and it scuked to watch. But ... they didn't break Corey Crawford or Drake Caggiula. Just 'cause you lose don't (sic) mean you're not still a champ. If we never win another game I'll ALWAYS love watching #50 & 91.
GoHawks.

bradrich99

Feb 3, 2009
42°59′01″N 081°14′59″W
Love for Drake Caggiula too - for me, the guy became a forever Blackhawk last night. 'Nads like beachballs and the heart of a lion.
That said, I cringed when he squared off w/ that Dunn fcuker - you could tell it wasn't going to end well. Knife to a gunfight odds spotting a low center of gravity guy who's got 40-50lbs on you. Caggs is NOT a big guy, Shaw outweighs him and Shaw ain't even big either - respect both but just saying ...) Those two uppercuts were really tough to see.

Let's not make Dunn out to be some monster. He is the smallest D man on Blues at 6'0, 203 and had a total of 1 NHL fights in his 3 year career prior to this fight.

Reactions: BobbyJet

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Has anybody else noticed when the puck is in the D zone almost everyones sticks are in the air? Especially when the puck is converging on our goal. I watched the highlights from the game vs St. Louis and couldn't help but notice. How do you defend when your stick is in the air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad