GDT: [Game #69] Dallas Stars vs. Los Angeles Kings – 7:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #69 – 3/16/2024 – 7:00 PM CT – BSSW
American Airlines Center

Your Dallas Stars vs. the Los Angeles Kings
40-19-9, 89 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 34-21-11, 79 pts

S2Q26Rq.png

RoaB1Ui.png

uEDwjZ4.png

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

6uA1bPk.png

Los Angeles Kings

Byfield - Kopitar - Kempe
Fiala - Danault - Moore
Turcotte - Dubois - Laferriere
Lewis - Lizotte - Moverare

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Roy
Englund - Spence

Rittich

2fmwd0w.png

Last edited:
Reactions: redbeardtx and LT

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Basically confirms that unless Nils can kill penalties, he has no place on this team.

Also, funny how he mentions Harley running the 2nd unit when 90% of the time they're double-shifting Miro on both units.

Reactions: redbeardtx

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Basically confirms that unless Nils can kill penalties, he has no place on this team.

Also, funny how he mentions Harley running the 2nd unit when 90% of the time they're double-shifting Miro on both units.

This is why I brought up the question of what to do with him this summer. This PP dynamic isn’t changing next season.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Come playoff time Sean Shapiro brought up a good point on the Spits & Suds podcast.

Miro doesn’t kill penalties during the regular season but chances are he will come playoff time. Therefore with the addition of Tanev, the use for Jani gets minimized seeing as your 4 PK’ers will be Miro, Esa, Tanev and one of Suter/Hakanpaa.

And say what you want about Suter but he’s had a decent year this season and had some bright spots during their playoff run last year.

Maybe leaving the door open for adding Nils in over Jani considering his usage on the PK won’t be heavily relied upon

Probably wishful thinking too lol

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Come playoff time Sean Shapiro brought up a good point on the Spits & Suds podcast.

Miro doesn’t kill penalties during the regular season but chances are he will come playoff time. Therefore with the addition of Tanev, the use for Jani gets minimized seeing as your 4 PK’ers will be Miro, Esa, Tanev and one of Suter/Hakanpaa.

And say what you want about Suter but he’s had a decent year this season and had some bright spots during their playoff run last year.

Maybe leaving the door open for adding Nils in over Jani considering his usage on the PK won’t be heavily relied upon

Probably wishful thinking too lol

I hate to admit it because, Suter, but he's damn fun to watch when he's in front of the net mauling whatever 20-something forward is there trying to get to rebounds. Maybe it's the old man part of me that enjoys watching that so much, but refs tend to let that happen more in the playoffs, so I'm good with him being in there during the post season. :laugh:

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I hate to admit it because, Suter, but he's damn fun to watch when he's in front of the net mauling whatever 20-something forward is there trying to get to rebounds. Maybe it's the old man part of me that enjoys watching that so much, but refs tend to let that happen more in the playoffs, so I'm good with him being in there during the post season. :laugh:
Ya i loved him in the Minny series last year. Haha. More of that please, and with his minutes being reduced this season, we may get a pretty good Suter this playoff run.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
It just speaks to the limited imagination and wrong priorities of this coaching staff which will ultimately hold this (extremely talented) team back.

I've suggested before running Nils as a "forward" on PP2 since they don't really have enough competent forwards. (Or didn't until Stankoven joined the team and Seguin is healthy) I doubt the staff has even considered that.

And it's also telling that they prioritize the 2-3 minutes any given player is expected to play on the PK over, you know, the entire rest of the game at even strength which will be an even bigger slice of the action in the playoffs.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Suter is the dirtiest player on the team. He's not the big hit or headshot kind of dirty. He's the guy who will spear, slash, and crosscheck when he knows the refs let him get away with it dirty.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Ya i loved him in the Minny series last year. Haha. More of that please, and with his minutes being reduced this season, we may get a pretty good Suter this playoff run.

This has definitely been Suter’s best year with us. I think the Jamie Benn regiment really paid off for Suter, he’s much lighter on his feet and he didn’t lose any strength at all.

• Love
Reactions: Klockis

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Suter has been much more tolerable in a #5 role.

Still hate the guy, but I'm not cringing at his mistakes every single game anymore.
I have more respect for him now than I did when he got here. He’s only still playing because he wants that cup so bad and even admits it. I mean his dad was on the US team that beat the soviets at lake placid, probably one of the few achievements more noteworthy than a Stanley Cup. I can definitely understand why Suter wants that cup before he hangs them up.

Benn, Pavelski, Duchene, Tanev, and Suter all winning the cup with us would be pretty f***ing amazing to witness.

Reactions: LT

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine
I have more respect for him now than I did when he got here. He’s only still playing because he wants that cup so bad and even admits it. I mean his dad was on the US team that beat the soviets at lake placid, probably one of the few achievements more noteworthy than a Stanley Cup. I can definitely understand why Suter wants that cup before he hangs them up.

Benn, Pavelski, Duchene, Tanev, and Suter all winning the cup with us would be pretty f***ing amazing to witness.
He also wants to hit 1500 games.

f*** Mike Babcock.

Reactions: LT and Zapp

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I like how they went from having a 2.5 hour broadcast listed on Bally for the unveiling to now they're just gonna cram it into the 1st intermission with everyone inside the arena watching on the jumbotron instead. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad