GDT: Game #69: Coyotes @ Stars - 5:00pm (AZ) - Scripps, Coyotes Central

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
The Stars social media team thought it would be a great idea to post a picture of a dead red fox on the road and caption it "road killed" to celebrate the victory.

I haven't seen the photo itself- I love foxes, and seeing any poor animal killed by the road breaks my heart. But sounds like it's a real photo, and they haven't deleted it. Just put it under a "content warning".

At least most people are letting them know how messed up it is.
That team, once upon a time, employed Derian Hatcher....of course they are not right in the head.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
The Stars social media team thought it would be a great idea to post a picture of a dead red fox on the road and caption it "road killed" to celebrate the victory.

I haven't seen the photo itself- I love foxes, and seeing any poor animal killed by the road breaks my heart. But sounds like it's a real photo, and they haven't deleted it. Just put it under a "content warning".

At least most people are letting them know how messed up it is.

I saw it. It isn't visually graphic (no blood or anything.) A bit sad though. The pic was a little hazy, but it looked like a coyote or a fox sleeping on its side, in the middle of the road, from the back. To me the only part that makes it violent it is the back end of a truck just past it, still driving on down the road insinuating it was hit.

The thing that makes it really tasteless is the message it sends. It crosses a line IMO.

Edit: I see roadkill Coyotes all the time it seems. Like weekly. Maybe I'm just getting more and more numb to it.

Howling Overseas

Dec 9, 2023
The thing that makes it really tasteless is the message it sends. It crosses a line IMO.

Edit: I see roadkill Coyotes all the time it seems. Like weekly. Maybe I'm just getting more and more numb to it.
You'd think there would be enough ways to mock us without dead animals. "Better luck at the draft" or something.

Where I live, cats are commonly the victims. And I never got numb to it.

That team, once upon a time, employed Derian Hatcher....of course they are not right in the head.
I admit I liked Hatcher. My brother used to be a Stars fan so we watched quite a bit of that era- Modano, Zubov et al.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ

If you're talking about the average house cat, I wouldn't either. For some reason the wild animals don't connect with me as much. Still, never like the thought of anything or anyone getting hurt, it's just easier to push out of my mind.

I can handle gore. I can't handle the thought of violence and suffering that comes with it. That's what really gets me.

Reactions: Howling Overseas

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
After the trade BA said that Dumba just didn't fit into our system. I guess we're seeing that now.

Pretty positive comments here...

Reactions: Kai Yo T

RollingCoyote

Aug 13, 2022
You'd think there would be enough ways to mock us without dead animals. "Better luck at the draft" or something.

I admit I liked Hatcher. My brother used to be a Stars fan so we watched quite a bit of that era- Modano, Zubov et al.

I live in a tiny hamlet of less than 300 people, 1/2 hour drive to the nearest gas station, grocery store etc. Constantly seeing dead coyotes, foxes, deer, birds, rabbits, cats and once in awhile dogs. My wife and I are absolute animal lovers and still haven’t gotten used to seeing this, we moved out here from the city three years ago.

Reactions: Howling Overseas

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I live in a tiny hamlet of less than 300 people, 1/2 hour drive to the nearest gas station, grocery store etc. Constantly seeing dead coyotes, foxes, deer, birds, rabbits, cats and once in awhile dogs. My wife and I are absolute animal lovers and still haven’t gotten used to seeing this, we moved out here from the city three years ago.
Buy yourself say… 800 - 1,000 head of cattle, you’ll get used to death real quick like.

Reactions: RollingCoyote

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad