8:00 PM
FSAZ +

vAL0Qta.png
|
uX106Jt.png

News and such:

Preview:
http://coyotes.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015021026

The Coyotes will enter the game with a 21-game point streak vs. Edmonton. They haven’t lost to the Oilers in regulation since Jan. 25, 2011.

Goalie Mike Smith could make his return from injury in this game. Smith hasn’t played since undergoing core muscle surgery in December, but he has been practicing with the team for weeks and appears ready to return for this second game of a back-to-back situation. Smith posted a 10-9-1 record, a 3.06 goals-against average and a .901 save percentage in 22 appearances before the surgery.

Defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson is expected to miss a third consecutive game after suffering an upper-body injury on Monday at Colorado.

Edmonton (27-36-7), which has won five of its past seven games, activated forward Ryan Nugent-Hopkins from the injured-reserve list on Friday. Nugent-Hopkins injured a hand blocking a shot in January. He has eight goals and 30 points in 46 games.

Cam Talbot, who has won five of his past six starts, is expected to start in goal. He has stopped 189 of 196 shots in his past six games.

The Oilers will play without defenseman Darnell Nurse, who is serving a three-game suspension for being the aggressor of a fight with San Jose’s Roman Polak on Tuesday.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
That'd be great for the tank if he can come in and play.

If we had not gotten 3 measly points against one of (the?) worst team in the last 10 years the Coyotes would have Eichel right now. I wouldn't be counting on tank help from the team we haven't lost in regulation to since 2011 as amazing as that is. No matter who is in net.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
I wouldn't be surprised if Edmonton snaps the non regulation loss streak tonight. Oiler-killer Ekman Larsson being out tonight and Mcdavid in the lineup spells trouble.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Grease in the crease is back boys!!!

Honestly though, I'm glad he can recover from an injury like that. Interested to see how he plays, but most importantly happy he's healthy.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
How long as he been practicing for. Probably rusty af

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Been a while, exact time frame doesn't come to mind, but would be very surprised if he said he was ready, if he wasn't, particularly the way Domingue has been playing.

I hope Smith plays, LD needs a break even though he played well last night. Take some pressure off of him, he is still a rookie and we have been asking for way too much from him.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'd put the odds of smith coming in and being awful about the same as him coming in and stealing games. He's so inconsistent and such a head case, just flip a coin.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Ah yes, the return of Supreme Tank Commander Smith. I for one cannot wait for that first weak 5-hole goal and immediate death stare for the defense.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if Edmonton snaps the non regulation loss streak tonight. Oiler-killer Ekman Larsson being out tonight and Mcdavid in the lineup spells trouble.

I can't wait to watch McDavid. This kid is gooood.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I really wanted OEL to play to see how he shuts down McDavid. HOWEVER, with him out, and five-hole back in net, I hope McDavid rips us a new one. Let it burn!!!!

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I really wanted OEL to play to see how he shuts down McDavid. HOWEVER, with him out, and five-hole back in net, I hope McDavid rips us a new one. Let it burn!!!!

Yeah I was really interested to see how they'd fare against each other, the only guy I've seen beat ollie clean after his rookie year was datsyuk, but I think McDavid has the ability to do it also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad