GDT: Game 69: Columbus vs. Florida | 3/16 7PM

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Bjork is a fun guy to watch. The old cliche he has a nose for the puck certainly applies to him and he is so nifty once he has it on his stick.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Sometimes I think they just get tired of naming him first star. He certainly was tonight. I believe you accurately posted earlier that this team has been Bob.

What the **** is this?
...sorry, i'm not used to people agreeing with a post I make... I'm not sure how to handle this.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Bjork is a fun guy to watch. The old cliche he has a nose for the puck certainly applies to him and he is so nifty once he has it on his stick.

He certainly shows a talent and skill set no one else on this team does. I think he has a chance to be really special once he gets some more time under his belt. The best thing he has done though is brought Gagner out of his funk.

I am reluctant to mention this since its probably a bad comparison, but he reminds me a lot of Zherdev when he was first starting to make an impact and how exciting it was when he had the puck. I just hope Bjork doesn't develop a love of the toe drag and ruin it.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Had the game on my laptop thanks to the Fox sports Ohio website (shoutout to them), but since we had 3 TV's going for the Tournament and I was doing really well on my bracket my attention was elsewhere. But from what I saw we didn't play that well, got a lucky call on the Anderson tip (I thought it was a high stick), and Werenski's shot was a pure snipe. However, seems like Bob bailed us out many times.

At least we won.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Both goalies were strong. Jackets had a lot of opportunities and seems like they should've had 4-5 goals but a combination of good stops and questionable shot decisions didn't allow it.

Florida had active sticks all night and were pressuring the Jackets hard all over the ice. They really go after the puck handler aggressively on the PK. Looked like an evenly matched game, although some of that was because the Jackets were basically doing a long prevent defense much of the 3rd.

Dexter20

Dec 18, 2013
Which media member picked the stars? Bob was far and away better then Josh Anderson

THIS ONES FOR YOU MFRONE

CBJ's Josh Anderson now has more goals than Perry, Giroux, Zetterberg, MacKinnon, Getzlaf and Eberle, among others.
4 replies 17 retweets 33 likes

PARTICULARILY LIKED YOUR POST ON THE CBJ PHILLY THREAD

" **** you Josh Anderson"

WHY DO HAVE SO MUCH DISDAIN FOR ANDERSON?

LIGHTEN UP OR SHUT UP !

Last edited:

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
THIS ONES FOR YOU MFRONE

CBJ's Josh Anderson now has more goals than Perry, Giroux, Zetterberg, MacKinnon, Getzlaf and Eberle, among others.
4 replies 17 retweets 33 likes

PARTICULARILY LIKED YOUR POST ON THE CBJ PHILLY THREAD

" **** you Josh Anderson"

WHY DO HAVE SOME MUST DISDAIN FOR ANDERSON?

LIGHTEN UP OR SHUT UP !

It's a good idea to not make a guy named Dexter mad.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Was at the game.. But, did anyone else notice how uncomfortable John Davidson seemed in the pre-game ceremony honoring Rimer? Sort of reminded me when I was 11 years old with bad social anxiety having to give a 10 minute speech in front of others. Had my dad actually ask "is he alright?"

Considering he played as goalie of the New York Rangers, is a team president of the Columbus Blue Jackets, and is a hall of fame broadcaster.. Just looked all out of sorts.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Was at the game.. But, did anyone else notice how uncomfortable John Davidson seemed in the pre-game ceremony honoring Rimer? Sort of reminded me when I was 11 years old with bad social anxiety having to give a 10 minute speech in front of others. Had my dad actually ask "is he alright?"

Considering he played as goalie of the New York Rangers, is a team president of the Columbus Blue Jackets, and is a hall of fame broadcaster.. Just looked all out of sorts.

Normally he is pretty well spoken, i only heard up to the point where he said he and Rimmer were two boys from Cal Gary, then I had to hustle to get to my seats and missed the rest. I agree - maybe his speech was not planned?

Way to go Werenski!!! way to to Bob!!!!! Way to go JMFJ & Andy!!!!

I don't understand all the nuances of this Las Vegas draft - wouldn't Anderson be exempt due to being a 1st year NHL player like Werenski is exempt?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Normally he is pretty well spoken, i only heard up to the point where he said he and Rimmer were two boys from Cal Gary, then I had to hustle to get to my seats and missed the rest. I agree - maybe his speech was not planned?

Way to go Werenski!!! way to to Bob!!!!! Way to go JMFJ & Andy!!!!

I don't understand all the nuances of this Las Vegas draft - wouldn't Anderson be exempt due to being a 1st year NHL player like Werenski is exempt?

Nope. The rule is you're eligible if you've played two or more pro seasons coming into this year. Andy did two AHL seasons, so he's eligible. Bjorkstrand only one, Werenski zero, so both are exempt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad