GDT: Game #68| Penguins @ Flyers | 8:00PM EST | Must-Win Game of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I totally want a 2000s night where we all root not to get shut out and all avert our eyes when Kelly Buchberger gets beaten down again.

Bring back Dan Focht!

Jesse

Jun 28, 2005
Pittsburgh
Rival fan or not. Garbage like this is why (most) women should keep their mouths shut when it comes to sports.

They make the women whom are actually educated fans of a team/sport look bad by spouting this crap.

You're talking garbage like this about a woman who works for the Philadelphia Eagles and her statistical analyses just helped them win a Super Bowl.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Rival fan or not. Garbage like this is why (most) women should keep their mouths shut when it comes to sports.

They make the women whom are actually educated fans of a team/sport look bad by spouting this crap.
Garbage like this is why most men should keep their mouths shut when it comes to anything.

I honestly thought it was a little funny. What's the point of having rivals if they can't try to through some shade at you.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
seriously wtf thats totally normal banter between rivals. if anything a touch more clever than the usual

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I approve of Swagelin in the line up part.

Swagelin, so hot right, Swagelin.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
A bit off topic but I've been curious about this for a long time. Is Sheary's fiancee really Sullivan's niece or fans just making fun because they have the same family name?

Yes, she's really his niece....

Going to miss the first part of this game. I hope it's good one and we play some actual defense....
Let's go boys!

Reactions: AverageJoeFan

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The Flyers should have an "80s through the present" night where vendors can only provide beverages to fans by pouring them directly into their cupped hands because they have no cups.

Flyers fans would proceed to boast about how their cupped hands have always been competitive as drink vessels, and would rather drink that way than get cups the way Pittsburgh did.

But we all know they'd rather have cups.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The Flyers should have an "80s through the present" night where vendors can only provide beverages to fans by pouring them directly into their cupped hands because they have no cups.

Flyers fans would proceed to boast about how their cupped hands have always been competitive as drink vessels, and would rather drink that way than get cups the way Pittsburgh did.

But we all know they'd rather have cups.

Not only is this funny - but true. And that's why I love what the Rangers did. They didn't want to just make the playoffs. They wanted to win Cups. That's what the game is about. I dig it.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Lol, PA thinks it gets snow...lol...cute.

That said, this is a big game. Must win. Hopefully Crosby gets up for this one.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
No one does '00s nights. Nu Metal baggy skater pants and long white t shirts doesn't translate to hockey well.

Yes. I was pretty badass in high school.

At first I was writing a reply accusing you of being in a rural, behind the times school, because I swear you are describing late 90s WAY more than early 00s.

Then I dug out my yearbook.

Yeah. Pretty much nailed it. I sure didn't wear that (there was a DISTURBING amount of Insane Clown Posse shirts in my wardrobe though..yeesh). Anyway, I guess I blocked a lot of memories from that time.

I remember playing roller hockey on the street, shooting at milk crates because none of my friends could afford goals or goalie equipment and having to pull the sewer grates up and jump into the sewer to recover pucks that fell in.

I think I choose wisely what memories to delete.

Last edited:
Reactions: PensPlz

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
I can't even be mad about what Flyers fans have to say. They are so silly it's actually pretty comical. And nothing they say will take away the 5 Cups Pittsburgh's won since their glory days over 40 years ago.

They just say things to take away the pain. Whatever works for them.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I can't even be mad about what Flyers fans have to say. They are so silly it's actually pretty comical. And nothing they say will take away the 5 Cups Pittsburgh's won since their glory days over 40 years ago.

They just say things to take away the pain. Whatever works for them.

Usually what they say either relates to 2012 or the state of the Penguins 13 years ago. Apparently there is still a "losing culture" with the Penguins despite winning 5 Cups since 1991. :laugh:

Meanwhile, don't you dare mention how the Flyers missed the playoffs 6 seasons straight from the late 80's to early 90's.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Usually what they say either relates to 2012 or the state of the Penguins 13 years ago. Apparently there is still a "losing culture" with the Penguins despite winning 5 Cups since 1991. :laugh:

Meanwhile, don't you dare mention how the Flyers missed the playoffs 6 seasons straight from the late 80's to early 90's.

Anything they say is a reach. Until they actually win a cup or multiple cups, they've got nothing. Nothing but so much sadness and bottled up anger. Just pitiful really. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad