GDT: Game 68: Montreal Canadiens vs Carolina Hurricanes 3/31/22 7:00pm EST TSN2, RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
RWzb9V5.jpg

kQnvGiw.jpg

9Eq4EDo.jpg

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This is one game I can honestly say we stand zero chance of winning.

Not zero but very close to it. Canes 3 pts up on the Rangers coming off a OT loss. 4-3-3 in their last 10.

Is the east ever strong eh? All 8 teams are basically clinched and every single one of them can go on a run. It's very possible that whoever comes out of the east will be beat up

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Carolina is ridiculously good... Svechnikov is on the second line FFS.... that top-6 and their defence looks great.

Will also be fun to watch a couple former Habs. I haven't followed Domi closely since he left, but Aho is always fun to watch.
And they have solid goaltending. The only drawback is will they be able to adjust to the different officiating come playoff time?
We all know the rules pretty much go out the window come playoff time. I never understood that.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
And they have solid goaltending. The only drawback is will they be able to adjust to the different officiating come playoff time?
We all know the rules pretty much go out the window come playoff time. I never understood that.

Their missing peice has generally been goaltending. The hope for them is that Andersen can translate what he's doing so far this year to the playoffs.

Great teams should be able to adapt to any climate, so the officiating is just an excuse.

The unique thing about the nhl though is that it's an endurance test just as much as anything else. You play an 82 game season, which is already too much for the body, and then you start a 2 month marathon, and push your physical health to the limit while playing the most intense brand of hockey in the year. Not all players are built for that grind, and there's certainly luck involved too where you don't want your best guys to be playing through severe injuries.

Reactions: Tyson

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014

What a legendary habs career he had.

I honestly can't listen to this guy more than 30seconds, but i'm still curious to know why he thought that 8.4 wouldn't be matched.

Was it really because he thought that their owner was cash poor? Isn't he one of the richest owner of the league?

At least the drama around it was funny :laugh:
Still the best player that MB "acquired" in his 10years tenure, including the draftees.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I honestly can't listen to this guy more than 30seconds, but i'm still curious to know why he thought that 8.4 wouldn't be matched.

Was it really because he thought that their owner was cash poor? Isn't he one of the richest owner of the league?

At least the drama around it was funny :laugh:
Still the best player that MB "acquired" in his 10years tenure, including the draftees.

It was a frontloaded contract. I believe close to 25 million of it was due in the first year.

Carolina was developing a reputation at the time of being ultra frugle especially in their GM search. Who knows what kinds of talks were going around on the inside of the league, but there was already enough smoke for outsiders to see.

As it turns out, the Canes do invest alot of money in their players. They seem to be a consistent cap maximizer, but at the time, I think it was worth asking the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad