GDT: GAME 67: AVS @ HABS | Mon beau Lars! | Mon. Mar. 13, 2023, 7:30PM --SNE, NHLN, RDS, TSN690, 98.5 FM

A free, luxurious bidet or the Habs win Bedard at the draft lottery. Which do you choose?

• I'll take the bidet. It's like found money! I love Bedard but my wallet comes first.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I want Bedard. I'll lose the free bidet even if my spouse will kill me!

Votes: 75 82.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs suffering a 6th loss in a row on Saturday, this time against the Devils. It had been a one-goal game until late in the 3rd when Marty pulled his goalie in an attempt to tie it. And of course, it had to be ex-Hab Tomas Tatar, to get the insurance goal.

Despite the recent string of losses, Marty has been noticeably calm. In fact, he's been displaying a pleasant and assured demeanor, in marked contrast with his face-palming ways earlier in the season.

g7Rqr17.jpg

Then, watching the Oscars last night, I came to a realization. The guy has developed a knack for dealing with the cameras.

MjZYr7X.png

With the Habs facing Colorado tonight, the first thought that occurred to me was seeing Lars Eller in a new uniform. It reminded me of when the Habs acquired him and how much of a likeable player he is, even if he was frustrating to watch at times.

Eller was a Hab for all of 5 seasons, from 2011-2015. Lots of great pics of him as a Hab:

rclCbFl.jpg

There is a charisma about him, he owns that infectious smile.

iOPowWg.jpg

Despite so many great memories of Eller as a Hab, there was one pic that stood out and showed just how beloved Eller could be.

I've looked far and wide for it. Some 10 years ago, someone even had it as an avatar and then it disappeared. I've been searching for it since last year and by a stroke of luck, I found it a few days ago.

This was the pic that begat the infamous "Mon beau Lars" line.

It's the perfect pic, from the body language of those in the pic to the facial expressions. As Habs fan @Frank Drebin would say, "it doesn't get any better than this."

50dVkdD.jpg

The above pic reminds of how much it hurts us as fans when a player that is so well-liked is traded away. When you look back at posts from the time he was a Hab, "Mon beau Lars" appears everywhere, all at once and at the same time. OK, so I admit I've been watching too many Oscars getting handed out to the same people all night long.

The Bedard sweepstakes is attracting its lot of hyperbole on this forum. In the words of one Habs fan, he would want the Habs to have Bedard more than anything in his life.

@dinodebino responded to that in a classic Dino manner: "Not me. I want to retire somewhere warm with palm trees and golf courses."

Warmth and relaxation are two tenets that Dino will not derogate from. Add to that his unconditional love of Guy Lafleur and for some still inexplicable reason, an infatuation with a Coke Zero "Mets-en" commercial that aired extensively throughout last year, mostly noticeable during and after Habs games.

@YukonCornelius Petry was the first to underscore a particular post by Dino where he had vaunted the merits of his bidet and the comfortable, reclining position that allowed him to achieve optimum back rest. Based on that, we got to work on a prototype:

3mCRklz.gif

Further to a lot of testing, attracting savvy commercial partnerships and investments, a finished product was born under the trademark of "Dinodebideto" (credit to @HostileCapSpace for devising the brand):

11A6TfK.png

All of which has led us to put Dino to the ultimate test.

What if we presented to him a free, state of the art, elongated, luxurious Dinodebideto bidet, with customisable features and installation included? But, with a catch. There would be a competing option ...

4EMcxuH.jpg

What would Dino do?

Dang it, he fooled us!

My1xGRB.png

I guess we'll have to put the question at large and find out what most fans would do if given the option of losing out on a personal benefit worth thousands of dollars.

And finally, we were apprised yesterday that David Desharnais has retired for good from hockey, leaving the Swiss team he had been with. Desharnais, as a diminutive player, was hardly spared when he was a Hab, as he was part of a lineup that was undersized when compared with the rest of the league.

Has anything changed since then?

By1y5G3.png

LINEUPS TBA

Well, GHG then!

3CZNhET.png

Last edited:

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Habs suffering a 6th loss in a row on Saturday, this time against the Devils. It had been a one-goal game until late in the 3rd when Marty pulled his goalie in an attempt to tie it. And of course, it had to be ex-Hab Tomas Tatar, to get the insurance goal.

Despite the recent string of losses, Marty has been noticeably calm. In fact, he's been displaying a pleasant and assured demeanor, in marked contrast with his face-palming ways earlier in the season.

g7Rqr17.jpg

Then, watching the Oscars last night, I came to a realization. The guy has developed a knack for dealing with the cameras.

MjZYr7X.png

With the Habs facing Colorado tonight, the first thought that occurred to me was seeing Lars Eller in a new uniform. It reminded me of when the Habs acquired him and how much of a likeable player he is, even if he was frustrating to watch at times.

Eller was a Hab for all of 5 seasons, from 2011-2015. Lots of great pics of him as a Hab:

rclCbFl.jpg

iOPowWg.jpg

Despite so many great memories of Eller as a Hab, there was one pic that stood out and showed just how beloved Eller could be.

I've looked far and wide for it. Some 10 years ago, someone even had it as an avatar and then it disappeared. I've been searching for it since last year and by a stroke of luck, I found it a few days ago.

It's the perfect pic, from the body language of those in the pic to the facial expressions. As Habs fan @Frank Drebin would say, "it doesn't get any better than this."

50dVkdD.jpg

The above pic reminds of how much it hurts us as fans when a player that is so well-liked is traded away. When you look back at posts from the time he was a Hab, "Mon beau Lars" appears everywhere, all at once and at the same time. OK, so I admit I've been watching too many Oscars getting handed out to the same people all night long.

The Bedard sweepstakes is attracting its lot of hyperbole on this forum. In the words of one Habs fan, he would want the Habs to have Bedard more than anything in his life.

@dinodebino responded to that in a classic Dino manner: "Not me. I want to retire somewhere warm with palm trees and golf courses."

Warmth and relaxation are two tenets that Dino will not derogate from. Add to that his unconditional love of Guy Lafleur and for some still inexplicable reason, an infatuation with a Coke Zero "Mets-en" commercial that aired extensively throughout last year, mostly noticeable during and after Habs games.

@YukonCornelius Petry was the first to underscore a particular post by Dino where he had vaunted the merits of his bidet and the comfortable, reclining position that allowed him to achieve optimum back rest. Based on that, we got to work on a prototype:

3mCRklz.gif

Further to a lot of testing, attracting savvy commercial partnerships and investments, a finished product was born under the trademark of "Dinodebideto" (credit to @HostileCapSpace for devising the brand):

11A6TfK.png

What if we presented to him a free, state of the art, elongated, luxurious Dinodebideto bidet, with customisable features and installation included? But, with a catch. There would be a competing option ...

4EMcxuH.jpg

What would Dino do?

Dang it, he fooled us!

My1xGRB.png

I guess we'll have to put the question at large and find out what most fans would do if given the option of losing out on a personal benefit worth thousands of dollars.

And finally, we were apprised yesterday that David Desharnais has retired for good from hockey, leaving the Swiss team he had been with. Desharnais, as a diminutive player, was hardly spared when he was a Hab, as he was part of a lineup that was undersized when compared with the rest of the league.

By1y5G3.png

LINEUPS TBA

Well, GHG then!

3CZNhET.png

L'Harcelleur!

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member

g7Rqr17.jpg

MjZYr7X.png

rclCbFl.jpg

iOPowWg.jpg

50dVkdD.jpg

3mCRklz.gif

11A6TfK.png

4EMcxuH.jpg

What would Dino do?

Dang it, he fooled us!

My1xGRB.png

By1y5G3.png

LINEUPS TBA

Well, GHG then!

3CZNhET.png
Damn. I voted against the Bidet but then say the prototype and want to change my vite

• Haha
Reactions: habsfan891

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Haha, what a GDT @Runner77. The legend of Dino continues! He needs to treat the draft lottery like Habs playoff overtime this year, it’s the only compromise.
No. Chance.

Those who voted for Bedard instead of the bidet know nothing about joys of life. That’s all I have to say to that.

How can posters expect Suzuki to produce with plugs likes this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad