GDT: Game 67: Avalanche vs Predators | 1 PM MT | March 5, 2016

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
A defenseman??

If you buy into the narrative of EJ being a declining asset, personally I think the Avs need to aquire two top pairing guys to really compete.

I don't think EJ is declining, though his injuries have stagnated any growth in his game so to speak. The real question mark to me is how long does FB hold up? If he holds up next year we really only need to add someone to bump Holden down in my mind. Maybe Bigras develops quickly, although I'd hate to rush him at all.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It kinda all starts to make sense to me, the way PL's philosophies shaped the team. Also, the way they are very different in what they do with prospects (not signing them, not having on ice dev camp, no rookie tournaments, no scrimmages in camp). I guess this is the way it's going to be, they are always going to go for it. And now threats they are going to do something drastic if they don't make the playoffs? I've never been more depressed and distressed, questioning what I'm even doing here, what is it that I believe in. Sure the last few games have been close, I guess that's fun. That's honestly how I feel, rip on me if you want.

I've been here for six years, I think people know that I've been one of the more optimistic posters on here, but I am feeling the same way. Like I definitely won't be watching on Monday, not because I hate this team, boycotting, lack of effort, or coaching. It's none of that, I'm proud of how this team has played and actually came back to being in at least the playoff bubble talk (from being last place in the league). It's just losing as they did against Nashville just really ruins the rest of the day for me. Sorry for treating hockey like a religion, but I love the game. The most depressing part is that for me, I normally see the draft as the point of improvement from the previous seasons at the draft position. From a team that kept picking in the top 3, seeing them go to the 20s and some improvement was amazing. But now, it's looking like we will have another top 15 pick. I am saying this not because I hate the draft, I still love prospects and scouting, I just want us to have the 30th spot in the future. And staying in the top 15 is the worst because it shows that this core we had to sit through horrible times with hasn't improved.

These last two weeks though have been a dark cloud around this team, like I seriously do not have the faith in this core that I once had a year ago. Everyone deserves part of the blame, but I haven't gotten to the point I want either Sakic or Roy fired. I highly doubt that Avs firing Sakic will help this team to the playoffs, even Roy. Perhaps if you could get a major upgrade on him like Babcock or Laviolette you do it, but not enough good coaches out there currently. Avs could get Eakins 2.0 easily instead of finding the next Trotz. Every one of their moves, even the bad one(s) like Berra hav been to help this team improve. I can't bash that. They are the ones that I still have some faith for, even if some of you think it's misguided.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah I still have faith for some reason.

After a night of sleep.... I do to. God knows it's going to come back to bite me :laugh:

They definitely still have a chance. They're only two points behind, with the same amount of games played as Minny. Minny's probably not gonna slow down much here though, they seem to be riding high still after their coaching changes.

Avs need to put together a streak asap, and they might need that last win against Minny. Avs haven't won three in a row in 16 games, and they've only won two in a row twice in that span. It's really put them behind the 8 ball.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad