GDT: Game 67: Avalanche @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Real good 2nd period IMO.

Liked listening to the Avs broadcast. Very balanced, and spent a lot of time talking about Coyote players, especially the rookies.

Learned that the Yotes have more rookies with a point (9) than any other team, and Dvo is 2nd only to you know who for faceoff wins by a rookie.

With under a minute to play in the game we had Jooris taking faceoffs...I guess he's the best we have in that situation right now...yikes!

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Real good 2nd period IMO.

Liked listening to the Avs broadcast. Very balanced, and spent a lot of time talking about Coyote players, especially the rookies.

Learned that the Yotes have more rookies with a point (9) than any other team, and Dvo is 2nd only to you know who for faceoff wins by a rookie.

With under a minute to play in the game we had Jooris taking faceoffs...I guess he's the best we have in that situation right now...yikes!

Perhaps you should watch the game instead of criticizing based upon a stat brought up by an Av's broadcaster. Dvorak did not have a good game at the dot. He was losing important face offs all game, to the point that it was a topic of discussion in my row during the second intermission. Tippitt was right to put Jooris in the face off circle at the end of the game.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
The game was an absolute mess. Both teams were playing high school hockey for most of the game. It was only a very good showing by Smith, and an even better showing by Pickard that kept this game from being 10-9. Also, the Avs had a force field erected around their net to keep pucks out when the net was open.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Perhaps you should watch the game instead of criticizing based upon a stat brought up by an Av's broadcaster. Dvorak did not have a good game at the dot. He was losing important face offs all game, to the point that it was a topic of discussion in my row during the second intermission. Tippitt was right to put Jooris in the face off circle at the end of the game.

It's not a criticism of Tip, Jooris, or Dvo, but a reflection on the degraded state of the center position on the team.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

DVO did not have a good over all game but he was 55% in the dot, but was losing the important one. Jooris had a very good game.

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
DVO did not have a good over all game but he was 55% in the dot, but was losing the important one. Jooris had a very good game.

Idk if it's just me but I have actually been quite impressed with Jooris his last 3 or so games. Has a lot of speed and always seems to hustle. Also he's a RHS so that is huge. I didn't like him at all when we first picked him up but now I actually want to give him a shot next year and see if he progresses into a decent 3/4th liner.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Is it just me or has McGinn looked decent the last few games? I mean, he sucked for the first 60 games but he's looked better as of late.

Idk if it's just me but I have actually been quite impressed with Jooris his last 3 or so games. Has a lot of speed and always seems to hustle. Also he's a RHS so that is huge. I didn't like him at all when we first picked him up but now I actually want to give him a shot next year and see if he progresses into a decent 3/4th liner.

Was thinking the same about Jooris. I don't want him on the team next year but maybe a two-way deal could work.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

Is it just me or has McGinn looked decent the last few games? I mean, he sucked for the first 60 games but he's looked better as of late.
Was thinking the same about Jooris. I don't want him on the team next year but maybe a two-way deal could work.

The entire team looks better to me...like I've been saying...good coaching :yo:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Wouldn't good coaching have made them look better before the season was lost? Second worst team in the league. :yo:

Nine rookies have scored this season...that's a lot of youth. One of your best wingers misses big time with broken hand. Your most experienced center breaks his leg. Your best defenseman is playing with a broken thumb.

I could go on, but a very young team with a lot of adversity. Great coaching has pulled through and grown the team into a future contender. I'm very excited about next season! :D

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015

The team has looked pretty dang good for about a month, except for the first couple games after the trade deadline. The young guns just keep progressing and not just the rookies. Vrbata needs to teach Rieder how to finish and he might hit 30 goals some day.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Nine rookies have scored this season...that's a lot of youth. One of your best wingers misses big time with broken hand. Your most experienced center breaks his leg. Your best defenseman is playing with a broken thumb.

I could go on, but a very young team with a lot of adversity. Great coaching has pulled through and grown the team into a future contender. I'm very excited about next season! :D

Add to that Hanzal and White traded, our best forward and White was solid. Smith was also out for a while early in the season. The team has played pretty well and has been out shooting opponents even though they could just mail it in. The future of the on ice product looks pretty bright.

Lawson of Anarchy

I'm kind of embarrassed
Oct 9, 2016
London
I've been watching Tony D and he is still making a lot of defensive blunders. I am glad he is not being demoted for them, but there are a lot of bad first passes in particular. Awesome offensive talent hope he perseveres.

Was anyone else annoyed at our pompous broadcast team degrading the last place team? Like we are sooo much better at 29th...

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Wouldn't good coaching have made them look better before the season was lost? Second worst team in the league. :yo:

The team has looked pretty dang good for about a month, except for the first couple games after the trade deadline. The young guns just keep progressing and not just the rookies. Vrbata needs to teach Rieder how to finish and he might hit 30 goals some day.

Add to that Hanzal and White traded, our best forward and White was solid. Smith was also out for a while early in the season. The team has played pretty well and has been out shooting opponents even though they could just mail it in. The future of the on ice product looks pretty bright.

Over all, I think the team has underachieved a bit this year, but losing your #1 goalie for 1/4 of the season on a rebuilding team can do that to you, but it is a team sport so I hate making excuses. I'm really excited about the future of this team. We may not have a super star, but man, I think we are going to be a very deep team will talent on all four lines. I don't expect the playoffs next year, but we'll be in the hunt.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Someone on the mainboard noticed it, I hadn't seen it yet:

That's like the hockey equivalent of walking into an arcadia door :laugh:.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Someone on the mainboard noticed it, I hadn't seen it yet:

That's like the hockey equivalent of walking into an arcadia door :laugh:.

He definitely had whiplash.

But when you run into a guy built like this........ :D

15cebdf73d9e7a2a1fb29e8e516d1468.jpg

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Speaking of which.....

I had to work late last night so I was left to watch the replay at 11pm.

And wouldn't you know it..... it was a 1-0 game and Fox Sports AZ cuts out Perlini's goal from the replay!! So I stopped watching after that. :rant:

But did happen to catch the replay this morning again and they reinserted the goal.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Watching Perlini fly down the wing really reminds me of Mike Modano, such an incredibly smooth, powerful stride for someone 6'3 215

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad