GDT: Game 67: Avalanche @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
:avs @ :coyotes

TV: FS-AZ
Radio: 620 AM or 98.7 FM or backbenched to 860 AM as applicable.
7:00 PM

J4PysXK.png

Goalies |
Pickard|Smith
8475717.jpg
|
8469608.jpg

Notes and such:

Pretty quiet out there, Coyotes must have had Sunday off.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
This will be like watching two special ed kids fight eachother.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Hi guys, caps fan here.

What are your thoughts on Duclair? I've seen all of your games since his call-up and in my eyes he looks really decent (generating chances, handle the puck well, hit the bar once) but it's rather easy to see that coach doesn't like him. He was benched after turnover, was in box after team penalty. What's the deal?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Hi guys, caps fan here.

What are your thoughts on Duclair? I've seen all of your games since his call-up and in my eyes he looks really decent (generating chances, handle the puck well, hit the bar once) but it's rather easy to see that coach doesn't like him. He was benched after turnover, was in box after team penalty. What's the deal?

He has been snakebitten in terms of finishing, so he's not producing. As a result, he has drawn the unreasonable ire of Dave Tippett all year long, who early on in the year needed scapegoats. It's been mentioned several times on broadcasts that it's not a work ethic issue, so your guess is as good as ours. They somehow expect him to produce and find confidence with a coach micromanaging him on the 4th line. When they put him in the AHL he was playing with a grinder that can't catch a pass cleanly in Gaudet.

Duclair needs to play with talent and he needs to be put on a consistent line, two things Dave Tippett seems unable to provide. I wouldn't be surprised if he is traded in the summer for peanuts. It'd be incredibly stupid but I fully expect it to happen.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Thanks to DST, and AZ having the common sense to not participate, this game starts at 9 PM for me...ugh!

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
He has been snakebitten in terms of finishing, so he's not producing. As a result, he has drawn the unreasonable ire of Dave Tippett all year long, who early on in the year needed scapegoats. It's been mentioned several times on broadcasts that it's not a work ethic issue, so your guess is as good as ours. They somehow expect him to produce and find confidence with a coach micromanaging him on the 4th line. When they put him in the AHL he was playing with a grinder that can't catch a pass cleanly in Gaudet.

Duclair needs to play with talent and he needs to be put on a consistent line, two things Dave Tippett seems unable to provide. I wouldn't be surprised if he is traded in the summer for peanuts. It'd be incredibly stupid but I fully expect it to happen.

Thanx :) Its pretty sad though. In last game he played +10 minutes so maybe there's still a chance for him in blind Tippet's eyes. And speaking about chances, tonight is by far the best chance ever to break scoring slump. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Hi guys, caps fan here.

Probably started the season a bit over confident, then snake bitten, then lost his confidence and felt sorry for himself instead of giving that second and third effort. He was given every opportunity before being sent down to the A, where he continued his lack lustre play. I think the only reason he was called up was for evaluation and to see if he can somehow get his game going. He is a one dimensional player, so if he is not scoring, he is not very valuable. As always, it's up to the player to play out of his funk, not the coach as some have stated.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Thanx :) Its pretty sad though. In last game he played +10 minutes so maybe there's still a chance for him in blind Tippet's eyes. And speaking about chances, tonight is by far the best chance ever to break scoring slump. I will keep my fingers crossed.

It's not that DT is blind, we all see his play. If Duclair wants more minutes, he just has to put up points.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Can see this being a blowout. We're getting a lot of chances lately and the Avs quit in December.

ALA YotesPhan

Jul 2, 2002
Nothern Alabama
Visit site
Probably started the season a bit over confident, then snake bitten, then lost his confidence and felt sorry for himself instead of giving that second and third effort. He was given every opportunity before being sent down to the A, where he continued his lack lustre play. I think the only reason he was called up was for evaluation and to see if he can somehow get his game going. He is a one dimensional player, so if he is not scoring, he is not very valuable. As always, it's up to the player to play out of his funk, not the coach as some have stated.

So WHEN Duclair is put back on the same line as Domi, and has a three point night, it is because in your "Tippett is God" world he finally earned it.
Or, is it because he should have been there a long time ago, playing with skilled linemates (not 10 min a night with 4th line waiver fodder) like 90% of us believe Tippett is to blame for.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
So WHEN Duclair is put back on the same line as Domi, and has a three point night, it is because in your "Tippett is God" world he finally earned it.
Or, is it because he should have been there a long time ago, playing with skilled linemates (not 10 min a night with 4th line waiver fodder) like 90% of us believe Tippett is to blame for.
There's a Coyote fan in Alabama?!?!? That's one of the biggest stories of the season!

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Hi guys, caps fan here.

Duke's been very good the past 2 games, believe he's created the most scoring chances on the team over the past 6 periods.....it's a positive step. Having him play the last 15ish games with Domi and Dvo makes too much sense.

Tipp doesn't have patience for young players making mistakes, it's not just Duke, but Duclair does seem to be the poster child.

I think he gets a goal and assist tonight.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Avs quit and Coyotes didn't you say? Must be superior coaching! :D

The Coyotes kept Tip, the one that helped Duclair get 20 goals last year. Of course, it is obvious that Tip is the reason Duclair has not had as many points this year, got sent down, doesn't play 20 minutes a night with Domi, etc...Why didn't we fire Tip? i mean look at Colorado, a similar bad team, they made a coaching change and it has worked well:) We need to follow the Colorado model....

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

One three point game does not make a season and good players learn to play with more than one player for various reasons. Dulair is to blame for his production this year, no one else.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
In all honesty (with 20 minutes to go before I get in my car for the hour drive to the arena) this is the first game,,well, ever that I start off with dread.
I look forward to the day when this team gets some fans in there.
I dread Howler banging on his drum "Lets go Yotes" when only maybe 5 fans in the section respond.
I want tho turn around and say "Forget it until there are some fans here!"
I still have the hand bill for the Howl-o-ween game 2012 when there was only 7404 in attendance.
I wonder if that record will be broken or whether the 50/50 number will be larger than the crowd.
Some day Id like our market to prove the detractors wrong.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

Tippett is not to blame for Duclair's regression. He came into the season ill prepared. He was noticeably slower on the ice at the beginning of the year. He shied away from shooting and contact, and was an even greater liability on the defensive side because he on a number of plays early in the season just gave up on the play.
I'm glad he's back with the club, but Duclair's problem rests solely on Duclair's shoulders. He has to come to camp next October READY. He needs to be in playing shape and with his head straight.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
This will be like watching two special ed kids fight eachother.

This is the warm up bout. The main event will be on Thurday night against Detroit. I contend that there should be no announcements over the PA on Thursday. Only "Yackety Sax" on a continual loop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad