BRUINS GDT GAME 67 7:08 PM - St. Louis returns................. NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1710116927914.png

1710116989488.png

1710117039021.png

1710117190349.png

St. Louis Blues (32-29-3, fifth in the Central Division) vs. Boston Bruins (38-13-15, second in the Atlantic Division)

Boston; Monday, 7 p.m. EDT

BOTTOM LINE: The Boston Bruins host the St. Louis Blues after Pavel Zacha scored two goals in the Bruins' 5-1 win over the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Boston has gone 21-7-6 at home and 38-13-15 overall. The Bruins have committed 278 total penalties (4.2 per game) to rank fifth in league play.

St. Louis is 14-18-2 on the road and 32-29-3 overall. The Blues are 25-3-1 when scoring three or more goals.

Monday's game is the second time these teams meet this season. The Bruins won the last matchup 4-3 in overtime. Zacha scored two goals in the victory.

TOP PERFORMERS: Brad Marchand has 27 goals and 31 assists for the Bruins. Morgan Geekie has six goals and two assists over the past 10 games.

Robert Thomas has 20 goals and 49 assists for the Blues. Pavel Buchnevich has scored five goals with one assist over the last 10 games.

LAST 10 GAMES: Bruins: 5-1-4, averaging 3.3 goals, 5.9 assists, 3.4 penalties and 7.7 penalty minutes while giving up 2.8 goals per game.

Blues: 3-6-1, averaging 1.8 goals, three assists, 2.9 penalties and 6.1 penalty minutes while giving up 2.8 goals per game.

INJURIES: Bruins: Milan Lucic: out (personal), Pat Maroon: out (back), Derek Forbort: out (undisclosed), Matthew Poitras: out (shoulder).

Blues: None listed.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The thing I remember most about Blues leading scorer Robert Thomas is Torey Krug flattening him during the Cup Final.

I've often thought that if Krug had hit that way more often he might still be a Bruin.
It came down to money. If he accepted the Bruins offer when it was on the table during the season, he would of still been here. He waited. They let him see the other offers when he went back to the Bruins they said the offer was off the table. He wanted to come back. He loved being here. Blues offered him more money, so he left.

Iconic moment.
torey-krug-boston-bruins.gif

tumblr_7414981267085964218639bb645e3ed7_8ddf5e83_400.gif

Thing about the little hobbit is, no matter how short he was, he played above his size and weight. So our players who are tall and big and don't use their body, astound me.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Seeing that hit live was awesome! Especially after seeing whats his face just sit on him 10 seconds prior. Krug said f*** that and leveled the first person he saw. He was our best defenseman on that playoff run.

I don't have as much ill will towards the Blues. Hell, one of their bigger offenders is on our team now and I believe a lot of their dirty, scummy play came from Berube who was canned earlier this year. Binnington is still a turd though.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The thing I remember most about Blues leading scorer Robert Thomas is Torey Krug flattening him during the Cup Final.

I've often thought that if Krug had hit that way more often he might still be a Bruin.
I always liked the Hobbit. He liked Boston and still hangs out with some of the Bs.

Seeing that hit live was awesome! Especially after seeing whats his face just sit on him 10 seconds prior. Krug said f*** that and leveled the first person he saw. He was our best defenseman on that playoff run.

I don't have as much ill will towards the Blues. Hell, one of their bigger offenders is on our team now and I believe a lot of their dirty, scummy play came from Berube who was canned earlier this year. Binnington is still a turd though.
Watching them win the cup in Boston was painful.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Not sure I see this one getting rough. St. Louis isn't really playing for anything. Pretty squarely out of the playoffs.
Blues are only 8 points out of a wild card spot with 18 games to go, so they will still be fighting for points

Although highly unlikely, it's not impossible for them to steal a wildcard spot if they can go on a bit of a winning streak

So, I want the B's to crush any glimmer of hope they have left

F**K the Blues.......Go Bruins!!

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

If Krug hit that way too often he'd be retired with a broken body. Little guy can only take so much! The sticking point with Torey and the Bruins was never around performance, and it wasn't even so much about money. It was term. By the time his current contract expires he'll be 36, and that's taking on a lot of risk for a small defender who doesn't have great foot speed and carries a $6.5m p.a. cap hit. The Blues were willing to give Krug that time plus a NTC, although they're probably regretting that given they've already tried to move him only to see the trade nixed.

Regardless, the hobbit got what he wanted and was never going to get in Boston. Can't fault him for that, equally can't fault Sweeney for not offering a similar deal. I miss the guy, but for both parties the parting of ways was the right call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad