Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Photo time!

View attachment 668380View attachment 668379
View attachment 668378View attachment 668381
View attachment 668382
View attachment 668383
Puljujärvi’s head is an optical illusion.

It always looks like there’s a disconcerting amount of extra head up top to me.

...and no call last night.....that's a 2 minute minor

Last edited:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
1678738053571.png

"These Devils are good, but they aren't as good as the 1953 Friarville Studebakers. I still remember when captain 'Sloppy Joe' Hodges showed up late to a playoff game because his bicycle chain popped (all the players rode their bikes to the game in those days). He showed up at the second intermission and scored a hat trick in the 3rd period. Goalie Randall 'The Weatherman' Barnes recorded a well-earned victory, making 14 saves on 20 shots. Boy, could that team skate."

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
View attachment 668434

"These Devils are good, but they aren't as good as the 1953 Friarville Studebakers. I still remember when captain 'Sloppy Joe' Hodges showed up late to a playoff game because his bicycle chain popped (all the players rode their bikes to the game in those days). He showed up at the second intermission and scored a hat trick in the 3rd period. Goalie Randall 'The Weatherman' Barnes recorded a well-earned victory, making 14 saves on 20 shots. Boy, could that team skate."
I loved that. Thanks for the genuine laugh. I especially liked how the goalie stopped 14 of 20 shots in a playoff win.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I loved that. Thanks for the genuine laugh. I especially liked how the goalie stopped 14 of 20 shots in a playoff win.

"Now some people would get on Barnes, calling him a system goalie who was carried by his team, but the joke's on them, because he was a two-time winner of the Wilfrid Laurier trophy as the playoff MVP of the Confederation League in the Wellington Cup playoffs. How many of the doubters can say that?"

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
"Now some people would get on Barnes, calling him a system goalie who was carried by his team, but the joke's on them, because he was a two-time winner of the Wilfrid Laurier trophy as the playoff MVP of the Confederation League in the Wellington Cup playoffs. How many of the doubters can say that?"
Please stop. At this point I'm reading it in Fischer's gravelly voice. I have to work for another hour or so and I don't want them to hear me laugh through the door.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I did a mini Stan Fischler comic strip type of post on here about 10 years ago.

While it was well received, I slightly regret is as I'm a fan of Fischler's and I was mocking him in that post and I remember using a picture of the Geico caveman, who was supposed to be Stan in his younger years. And talking about a hockey game Stan had witnessed in prehistoric times played by actual dinosaurs.

I have a love/hate relationship with Stan, which is 80% love, but there were times where I sensed his Rangers homerism and would lash out a little bit on him because of that.

Stan has been retired from TV for 5 or 6 years now and he hadn't been a regular on our broadcasts for at least 10-12 years before that, but would make appearances several times per year. I find myself missing him a lot these days, but I think he's still made a couple of appearances the last few years and dropped by. He was also on at least a couple of those videos on the Devils youtube channel just this season talking things from way back.

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
Meier is just as careless and irresponsible defensively as his linemates.
As a sharks fan Meier’s hockey IQ isn’t his strong point. He’s a volume shooter and play driver which worked well for a lame duck sharks team, but I always felt he might struggle when he wasn’t the one the offense ran through.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
As a sharks fan Meier’s hockey IQ isn’t his strong point. He’s a volume shooter and play driver which worked well for a lame duck sharks team, but I always felt he might struggle when he wasn’t the one the offense ran through.
I fully expected a slow start for Meier after missing a month of hockey and coming from a team that plays 35 mph to a team that plays 95 mph.

It's going to take Meier a bit of time to fit in here that was always going to be the case and it has absolutely nothing to do with anything inherent to his abilities or style.

Last edited:

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I know I'm not. Now where does @Richer's Ghost live and does he have a home security system or a guard dog? Can I lure him to the back of my van by asking him to help me unload something?
I learned at a very young age. My spidey sense tingled while playing Asteroids in the waiting area of a Sears auto/tire shop and a sus 40s something fella offered to pay for my games IF I would help him win a bet. He said his buddy said he couldn't lift 50 lbs and asked how much I weighed. I said my weight which as like a 9 or 10 year old was over that of course and he said great - come out back and let me show him I can lift you and I'll win $10 and I'll give you a couple bucks to keep playing video games. Another guy was waiting in the wings and I was like NOPE outta here and left to go find my mom at the nearby fashion shop. I just feel bad that there were other kids there playing games and god only knows what went down from there. To this day, I wish I had the conviction to KNOW something was very wrong and go find security and tell them rather than just bail but who knows - security back then was nothing more than being able to remember what days you worked and wear a utility belt with a flashlight. Hell they might have been the ones waiting out back for all I knew.

So no - not helping you lift something into your van unless it's a cooler full of cold ones and there's a sega genesis with NHL 94 ready to go. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad