BRUINS GDT GAME 66 8:38 PM - THE BEAR laughs at Chicago pizza - NESN, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1678826799777.png

1678826678714.png

1678826849881.png

1678826906295.png

1678827173817.png

1678827257381.png

Tonight's Officials

1678827740919.png
1678827751064.png

Referees Kelly Sutherland (11), Brandon Schrader (46)
Linesmen David Brisebois (96), Kilian McNamara (93)

Ntl. Anthem Jim Cornelison

BRUINS MEDIA NOTES

TONIGHT’S GAME - The Bruins visit the Blackhawks tonight in the 2nd and final game between these teams this season and the Bruins’ lone game at United Center. - They are 50-10-5 overall this season and they are 23-7-2 on the road ... The Bruins are 22-3-2 vs Western Conference opponents. - This is the 12th 50-win season in Bruins history ... It is their second straight 50-win campaign and the most since 4 straight from 1970-71—1973-74 ... The total of 64 games are the fastest 50 wins in NHL history. - The Bruins play game 2 tonight in Chicago of a 5-game road trip (0-1-0), continuing the trip in Winnipeg on 3/16, Minnesota on 3/18 and Buffalo on 3/19.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Linus Ullmark is 2 games shy of his 200th NHL game. - Matt Grzelcyk is 2 assists short of his 100th NHL assist. - A.J. Greer is 4 games shy of his 100th NHL game.

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2022-23: 90) - Hampus Lindholm: Lower body - Taylor Hall: Lower body (LTIR) - Nick Foligno: Lower body (IR)

BOSTON vs CHICAGO, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Blackhawks are meeting for the 596th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 272-239-79-5 record and 1,878-1,795 scoring advantage in those games. - The Bruins are 102-147-45-4 lifetime in Chicago with the Blackhawks holding a 957-805 scoring advantage in those 298 contests. - The Bruins have won their last 7 games of this lifetime series at 6-0-1, including a 6-1 win in Boston on 11/19 in the 1st game this season.

CHICAGO MEDIA NOTES

NHL STATBOOK FOR GAME 66

Owners of the NHL's top record by a comfortable margin, the Boston Bruins nonetheless enter Tuesday's visit to the Chicago Blackhawks with two losses in their past three games.

Boston hasn't endured such a stretch since suffering a three-game road skid in late January, which remains the only time the club has lost consecutive games this season.The Bruins will aim to regroup against a struggling Blackhawks team that has lost three straight and seven of eight.

One key to that end: securing a better start. The Bruins fell behind 4-0 during Sunday's eventual 5-3 loss at Detroit, a team the Bruins defeated the day before behind a late rally.

"We've just got to be honest with ourselves that we're not putting forth the effort that we expect from ourselves," Bruins coach Jim Montgomery said. "This isn't the first game."

Boston pulled within a goal of Detroit in the third period as Matt Grzelcyk, Jake DeBrusk, and David Pastrnak scored within a span of 9:32 over the second and third periods.

Pavel Zacha assisted on two goals during the surge, while Grzelcyk and Pastrnak each had one.

"No surprise with this locker room," Grzelcyk said. "A ton of resilience. It is a little frustrating that we've had a few tough starts in a row. Obviously a great effort in the third but just a little too late there and we put ourselves behind the eight ball."

Defenseman Hampus Lindholm missed the game with a swollen foot, but Montgomery said the team expects to have him back against the Blackhawks.

Boston routed visiting Chicago 6-1 on Nov. 19. Pastrnak scored twice and Charlie McAvoy contributed four assists. The Bruins have won four straight games against the Blackhawks while earning points in the past seven meetings.
Tuesday marks the second contest in Boston's five-game road trip. For the Blackhawks, it's a rare jaunt home amid a stretch of playing eight of nine away from United Center.

Chicago is coming off narrow losses last week in Detroit, Florida and Tampa Bay, being outscored 11-7 and losing one of the games in overtime. The Blackhawks enter play Tuesday tied with San Jose for the fewest points in the Western Conference.

On Saturday, Chicago played reigning Eastern Conference champion Tampa Bay tight, as Taylor Raddysh scored and Petr Mrazek stopped 34 shots. But Brayden Point snapped a 1-all tie with a minute to go in regulation before the Lightning added an empty-net goal in the closing seconds.

"Overall, I thought our game was pretty good," Blackhawks forward Tyler Johnson said. "I thought we had a lot of chances, and Mrazek was unbelievable and kept us in it. It was a close game. ... It came down to the end there. I wish that wouldn't happen, but you have to take some positives."

Blackhawks coach Luke Richardson agreed.

"We just have to reassure (them) that they did a lot of things right and that we're doing in the right direction," he said. "We'll learn from this. When you turn the corner, the lessons of losing in the last minute turn into winning in the last minute."

Raddysh has three goals in the past three games for Chicago.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
If the Bruins come into this one angry after losing the other night, this could be a real thrashing. This is the best team in the league against a tire fire that sold everything left at the deadline.

I mean, Taylor Raddysh?

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
If the Bruins come into this one angry after losing the other night, this could be a real thrashing. This is the best team in the league against a tire fire that sold everything left at the deadline.

I mean, Taylor Raddysh?
I think the Bruins come into this one thinking "don't get hurt". We're effectively playing 17 preseason games to end the season.

This will be a big test for Monty, trying to keep the team motivated and focused. Bergeron should certainly help here as well, but he may want to save some gas. I'm worried they'll sit back too much and not be ready come playoff time.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Teams full of kids with things to prove can be tricky. For the Bruins, win, lose, I don't really care at this point. Just keep up good habits, tinker with the PP and anything else that needs work, and stay healthy.

This season has been amazing and such wonderful entertainment but the regular season job is now done and it's just about holding things together until mid-April. I'm not interested in records that the Bruins would be foolish to pursue. I'd like to see the team bring its best effort when matching up against the likes of Minnesota, Carolina, Tampa and Toronto, as those will be good playoff markers and practice. The rest, really not fussed.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I think the Bruins come into this one thinking "don't get hurt". We're effectively playing 17 preseason games to end the season.

This will be a big test for Monty, trying to keep the team motivated and focused. Bergeron should certainly help here as well, but he may want to save some gas. I'm worried they'll sit back too much and not be ready come playoff time.
They will be ready!:thumbu:

Reactions: UConn126

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Teams full of kids with things to prove can be tricky. For the Bruins, win, lose, I don't really care at this point. Just keep up good habits, tinker with the PP and anything else that needs work, and stay healthy.

This season has been amazing and such wonderful entertainment but the regular season job is now done and it's just about holding things together until mid-April. I'm not interested in records that the Bruins would be foolish to pursue. I'd like to see the team bring its best effort when matching up against the likes of Minnesota, Carolina, Tampa and Toronto, as those will be good playoff markers and practice. The rest, really not fussed.

Very few kids on Hawks actually

Mostly finishing year with crappy vets and mediocre talent taking up spots

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

They need to either think back (not too long ago) or come up with those good habits before keeping them.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
They will be ready!:thumbu:
I keep thinking about Tampa in 2019. I guess the key difference is they didn't have the leadership that we have with guys like Bergeron, Krejci, and Marchand that have gone the distance, plus the guys like Pasta, McAvoy, DeBrusk, Carlo, Coyle, and Gryz who all got to game 7 of the Finals. And Orlov has gone the distance, as well. Playoffs can't come fast enough!

Speaking of Tampa 2019, I grew to be such a big fan of Seth Jones in his prime on the Jackets. That 3xOT game where he played like 60 minutes or whatever was an all time great performance. Shame he has seemingly fallen off so much. Looking at his Chicago lineup... Tough break. It's crazy how much their team has fallen apart since their peak in early to mid 2010's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad