BRUINS GDT GAME 66 3/5 7:07 PM - The return of the Whale - NESN, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I wish the Bruins would do a 'sticks up' after a home win like most teams. I really don't know why they don't.

I have no problems with what the Canes are doing, the visiting team doesn't see it and the fans love it. Also, don't underestimate that it might help players push a little more in a tight game at home because they really want to do it.

Sticks up feels right imo. It's modest, connects team with fans, nothing over the top. There are many fans in the building who only get to see their beloved team once or maybe few times in their lifetime.

We are here for you and you are here us.

Not too corny.

I like it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah I don’t care about the celebrations. They won, they can do what they want as far as I’m concerned

Doesn’t seem forced to me, seems like the players enjoy it

If another team has a problem with it then they should win

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I will be at this one. Belated birthday gift for my 11 year old niece. Might try getting there early and try to get her a puck. What side do they do that on? I dont remember. I also dont like crowds so if we do try, I wanna get there before the masses congregate in that area.

Any tips?

Loge 22 is good if you've got little ones that want to get high-fived by the Bruins as they come out of the tunnel. I was going to say that Loge 13-14 is a little better for puck fishing, but....unfortunately, Pasta's out. He usually seems to skate a little more on that side, and he's quite generous with the Bruins pucks. It's a little less crowded on the 13-14 side, so she might stick out a little more over there.

I know for a fact that they definitely toss them around 21-22, because A) One hit my foot one time while I was watching other players on the ice, and I instinctively kicked it away (D'OH!), and B) Someone a couple of months ago got a puck to the forehead during the pregame skate. Heads up!

Reactions: Mione134

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Is Carolina wearing the home or away Hartford sweaters? I'm kinda assuming they go with the home ones and the Bruins wear their winter classic sweaters.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Is Carolina wearing the home or away Hartford sweaters? I'm kinda assuming they go with the home ones and the Bruins wear their winter classic sweaters.

No clue - Keep in mind the Whalers wore white at home in the 90's

hc-whalers-last-game-in-hartford-0420-20170405

Reactions: BMC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Loge 22, by the Bruins bench. Warm ups start at 6:30 for a 7:00 game

Loge 22 is good if you've got little ones that want to get high-fived by the Bruins as they come out of the tunnel. I was going to say that Loge 13-14 is a little better for puck fishing, but....unfortunately, Pasta's out. He usually seems to skate a little more on that side, and he's quite generous with the Bruins pucks. It's a little less crowded on the 13-14 side, so she might stick out a little more over there.

I know for a fact that they definitely toss them around 21-22, because A) One hit my foot one time while I was watching other players on the ice, and I instinctively kicked it away (D'OH!), and B) Someone a couple of months ago got a puck to the forehead during the pregame skate. Heads up!

Thank you both for the info! We have club seats with my Father. Hes got bad knees, so I figure we get there early, get him up to our seats, and then I'll take my niece down to one of those spots. That way he's settled and I dont have to worry about the walking as much. Hopefully we get a puck! I think she's making a small sign to try to get their attention. We'll see how it goes. I told her no promises! :laugh:

AM Bruin

The Early Worm
Feb 20, 2015
Out on a limb.
I don't watch the Hurricanes so I don't care what they do after a win. I'm just glad the franchise I cheer for doesn't have to resort to this.
The only celebration I care to see is high fives all around as they skate off the ice.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
No they aren’t. Made up celebrations are. Marketing ploy. Nothing wrong with being happy on a hard fought win.

This thread is just posters complaining about the most mundane stuff. Who gives a **** how other teams celebrate?

Dougie put tape on his helmet to change his number in practice that people were crying about? WHAT A LOSER!!

Whining about Tim Peel? Okay this might hold some merit.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Whalers came the closest to knocking the Bruins out in 1990.

Mike Milbury told me 20 years ago that if they had lost that series to Hartford, Jacobs was going to fire not only him but Sinden as well and offer the keys to Scotty Bowman. But the Bruins won Game 7 and then had many more home playoff games before losing to Edmonton in the SCF.

The old Adams Divison was true divisional hockey and far more intense than what we have today.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Meh I have never liked the stick salute after a regular season win. After winning a playoff round or getting bounced on home ice is the only time I want to see that. It reeks of the ARod curtain calls for a routine RBI.

What the Canes are doing is different and creative. I think that’s fun. A stick salute on a Tuesday in February after a 1-0 win v Arizona? No gracias.

@Kate08 I understand where you are coming from.

BUT - I have seen it in other O6 arenas and the fans appreciate it.

The Canes play in a very fragile hockey market and these celebrations are being shown on the local news there. Keep in mind it is March and the team has to fight for any kind of media exposure because the Triangle area in NC is ground zero for a little thing called March Madness.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Calgary picked a good time to go into a losing streak falling to the Leafs 6-2

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Morning, people. Way I see it, they have a bunch of jerks, but we have Brad Marchand. Pretty sure that makes it a fair fight :laugh:

It's funny, but days away from a game, or watching the B's play, feels a lot like not seeing a lover for weeks on end. I find myself clenching my teeth when they're not playing. I hate it.

As glad I will be when spring comes around, i'll be sad when the season is also over...but hopefully that won't be for MONTHS down the road

Reactions: Alicat and BMC

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Breakfast? Breakfast, shmreakfast. Look at the score, for Christ's sake. It's only the second period and I'm up 12 to 2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, "the Whale," they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime.

I'm SCARED!!!!!!!!!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
No clue - Keep in mind the Whalers wore white at home in the 90's

hc-whalers-last-game-in-hartford-0420-20170405

The first jersey I ever bought was a Whalers white home- I was attending college in Hartford in the early 80s and some friends & I went to the mall inside the Civic Center to do a little shopping.....

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

Mike Milbury told me 20 years ago that if they had lost that series to Hartford, Jacobs was going to fire not only him but Sinden as well and offer the keys to Scotty Bowman. But the Bruins won Game 7 and then had many more home playoff games before losing to Edmonton in the SCF.

The old Adams Divison was true divisional hockey and far more intense than what we have today.
ain't that the truth. I miss it. :-( The NHLs attempt at getting it back with this playoff format is a failure. No matter how many times or ways they try to claim otherwise.

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I absolutely loved those Adams Division wars. The teams played each other several times during the season & built up a real loathing for one another. Today there is no division rivalry or hate to speak of.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad