Pre-Game Talk: Game 66 - 2/29 - Leaping Onto the Island - Bruins @ Fish Sticks 1pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I shall have the GDT up later tonight

how-many-days-are-there-in-leap-year-2-e1500933037927.png

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It should be a great crowd tomorrow in Uniondale.

If everything goes as scheduled the Bruins most likely will never play in Brooklyn again unless they play the Islanders in Round 3. Bettman still hasn't made a decision for Islanders playoff games in 2020 but the first round will be in Uniondale. ( The Bruins could be the opponent if they win the top seed in the Atlantic. )

NVMC has always been a terrible venue for television but at least now there is a camera on the red line that all broadcasters share.

The new arena should be ready for the 2021-22 and unlike Uniondale, there is public transit right to the door.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I love how the Isles had that logo for barely one season and retired it after fan backlash, but forevermore they are still mocked as the Fish Sticks.
When I went to the Islanders-Bruins at Barclays this season, they had those jerseys for sale at the pro shop. Didn't see many people wearing them, but apparently there is a throwback market.

I will be at the game tomorrow. My gf returns from a week of work travel tonight and didn't want to go tomorrow, so I spent what I had planned to spend on 2 tickets on 1 instead. I'll be in the 2nd row, penalty box side :yo:

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The game is supposed to start at 1:07 but it may be closer to 1:30 or later as the Islanders are retiring #91 tomorrow

images

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
The game is supposed to start at 1:07 but it may be closer to 1:30 or later as the Islanders are retiring #91 tomorrow

images

do you know any details of when the ceremony starts and when warmups start? I’ve been told they’re starting the ceremony at like 11:30 and opening doors at 10:30. Seems early

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@Rubber Biscuit

Goring will have his number 91 sent to the rafters on Saturday, Feb. 29 at NYCB Live: Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, when the Islanders take on the Boston Bruins. A special pregame ceremony celebrating the career of Goring will begin at 11:40 a.m. Doors will open at 10:30 a.m. Pregame warmups will start at 12:29 p.m. with the official game time start taking place at 1:08 p.m.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

@Rubber Biscuit

Goring will have his number 91 sent to the rafters on Saturday, Feb. 29 at NYCB Live: Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, when the Islanders take on the Boston Bruins. A special pregame ceremony celebrating the career of Goring will begin at 11:40 a.m. Doors will open at 10:30 a.m. Pregame warmups will start at 12:29 p.m. with the official game time start taking place at 1:08 p.m.

Thanks!

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I love how the Isles had that logo for barely one season and retired it after fan backlash, but forevermore they are still mocked as the Fish Sticks.

Believe it or not, there’s a huge market for throwback jerseys, and it doesn’t matter how absurd they are. And if a great player wore a particularly rare or odd jersey, some will pay thousands.

I'm in a FB jersey group, and one guy is searching all over for a white “Liberty” New York Rangers Wayne Gretzky jersey. Wayne wore that particular jersey like three times in game action, and this guy just NEEDS to have one.

I just can’t believe anyone would want a fish-sticks jersey. But they do...

Reactions: JOKER 192
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1