GDT: Game 65: Predators vs Coyotes - 7:00pm - BSAZ -

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I gave up on the tank back in December. Happy to see the core getting it done. Infuse players like Cooley and Guenther next year and keep playing with the effort and it could be a fun team to watch.

Start watching film on Dvorsky, guys. I had him top three going into this year.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
We don’t talk enough about Hayton. Dude’s been really picking it up and has not looked out of place on the top line. I think he’s finally settled down and put his slow start behind him. He could end up with 40 points if he keeps up this pace.
Hopefully. He had a slow start last season too. Still a kid but hopefully he plays at this level all of next season.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We don’t talk enough about Hayton. Dude’s been really picking it up and has not looked out of place on the top line. I think he’s finally settled down and put his slow start behind him. He could end up with 40 points if he keeps up this pace.
So far in 2023 he’s got 30gp 9g 10a for 25g 27a per 82gp pace

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
So far in 2023 he’s got 30gp 9g 10a for 25g 27a per 82gp pace

This is very encouraging. He's had some flash, some grit, and great two way play. I know we all were hoping Dvo would become a 2C but he never flashed the same potential Hayton has (grant it he was drafted about 30 picks later too). But I'm thinking we could have a Backlund type center in Hayton that will make roster construction much easier up and down the roster.

Oh yeah and McBain is right behind him.

I missed the game but wanted to point out some stats.
*Keller officially has 65 points in 65 games played. Will be the first 70+ point producer since Whitney/Vrby as long as he doesn't get hurt.
*McBain has 15 points in 65. Guess I was expecting more. But was not expecting TEN goals. A 20-25 point season would be fantastic from him and doable at this pace.
*Soderstrom had six SOG tonight. How did he look overall. Thought he played his best game vs STL. Feeling better about him, still not sold but I hope he sticks on the roster and never looks back.
*Maccelli is pretty much playing at a 60p pace. Absolutely insane. Gotta wonder if he'd win the Calder without that injury (If my math is correct Beniers is on a would finish at 59 points on his current pace and plays center so probably not).

Reactions: Jagged Ice

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
*McBain has 15 points in 65. Guess I was expecting more. But was not expecting TEN goals. A 20-25 point season would be fantastic from him and doable at this pace.
*Soderstrom had six SOG tonight. How did he look overall. Thought he played his best game vs STL. Feeling better about him, still not sold but I hope he sticks on the roster and never looks back.
interesting to see if McBain can stay productive if he can stay with Crouse and Maccelli these last 15-20 games. That would seem to be a good 3rd line on a good team in not too many years. Like the Killorn/Cirelli/whoever line on TB I'm thinking.

Soderstrom does still make some cringe-y decisions, although I might be overly influenced by a crossice pass in the O zone right in front of my seat that got picked off that looked like something I'd do.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Is it possible the Coyotes are better after the TDL? Not only a 4-1 win, but 43 SOG!

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
interesting to see if McBain can stay productive if he can stay with Crouse and Maccelli these last 15-20 games. That would seem to be a good 3rd line on a good team in not too many years. Like the Killorn/Cirelli/whoever line on TB I'm thinking.

Soderstrom does still make some cringe-y decisions, although I might be overly influenced by a crossice pass in the O zone right in front of my seat that got picked off that looked like something I'd do.
Lol, I don't know how many times have I said this while watching hockey at the NHL level.

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'm not in love with the way we played by any means. Neither am I in love with how Bear coaches this team. By now he should have shook out all of the terrible defensive zone turnovers which we have. Put a little pressure on us and we crack. Teams should fear our team speed and back off. Instead they press and we cough up the puck time and again.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
I honestly felt like the goalie decision last night was a tank move - glad Provy proved everyone wrong.
I hated that they gutted the team so hard at the TDL - I get moving Chyc, but some of the other moves were purely financial. I hated to lose Stetcher, he's a head-up player that was allowing the kids to get better.
I hate yesterday's story in the Athletic.
I love the commitment the players are showing one another - they are playing for their mutual pride.
To sum it up - right now I hate management and ownership, but I love the coach and the players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad