GDT: Game 65: Predators vs Coyotes - 7:00pm - BSAZ -

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I honestly felt like the goalie decision last night was a tank move - glad Provy proved everyone wrong.
I hated that they gutted the team so hard at the TDL - I get moving Chyc, but some of the other moves were purely financial. I hated to lose Stetcher, he's a head-up player that was allowing the kids to get better.
I hate yesterday's story in the Athletic.
I love the commitment the players are showing one another - they are playing for their mutual pride.
To sum it up - right now I hate management and ownership, but I love the coach and the players.
Trading Gostisbehere, Bjugstad, Ritchie and Stecher were not financial moves. These were veteran players on expiring contracts, playing for a rebuilding team. All were quite happy to be traded to teams in the hunt. This is the nature of every single deadline in the NHL and for every single seller this deadline. There is nothing remarkable about any of those trades. They are precisely the kinds of trades you would expect from any team at any deadline that’s bottom 10 in the standings.

Anyone pretending to have an issue with those trades is lying to you or they are a fool. Mark Lazerous is both. Throw his garbage in the bin where it belongs.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I'm not in love with the way we played by any means. Neither am I in love with how Bear coaches this team. By now he should have shook out all of the terrible defensive zone turnovers which we have. Put a little pressure on us and we crack. Teams should fear our team speed and back off. Instead they press and we cough up the puck time and again.
true

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
interesting to see if McBain can stay productive if he can stay with Crouse and Maccelli these last 15-20 games. That would seem to be a good 3rd line on a good team in not too many years. Like the Killorn/Cirelli/whoever line on TB I'm thinking.

Soderstrom does still make some cringe-y decisions, although I might be overly influenced by a crossice pass in the O zone right in front of my seat that got picked off that looked like something I'd do.
I agree with Soderstrom. Him and Mackey had a rough game I thought. Prosvetov was a stud, I was not expecting that. Coyotes have good goaltender JuJu somehow.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Mackey had a rough game...I thought Soderstrom was meh, much better the game before.

I'm sure Soda is up for good now, would really like to see Kolyachonok back up, he provides more 'grit' than anyone we have in the lineup right now and skates great...I'm wondering what they're looking from him to stay in the lineup.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Trading Gostisbehere, Bjugstad, Ritchie and Stecher were not financial moves. These were veteran players on expiring contracts, playing for a rebuilding team. All were quite happy to be traded to teams in the hunt. This is the nature of every single deadline in the NHL and for every single seller this deadline. There is nothing remarkable about any of those trades. They are precisely the kinds of trades you would expect from any team at any deadline that’s bottom 10 in the standings.

Anyone pretending to have an issue with those trades is lying to you or they are a fool. Mark Lazerous is both. Throw his garbage in the bin where it belongs.
I respect your opinion, and even with crappy returns, I can see Ghost and Bugstad. I fail to see the benefit to the Ritchie, Stetcher deal, aside from a salary dump. hopefully people smarter than me are pulling the strings.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I respect your opinion, and even with crappy returns, I can see Ghost and Bugstad. I fail to see the benefit to the Ritchie, Stetcher deal, aside from a salary dump. hopefully people smarter than me are pulling the strings.
They probably wanted to get traded to a team that had a chance. Meanwhile the Coyotes probably liked Mackey and thought he might turn it around away from Sutter like Valimaki did. The Flames waived Valimaki because they didn’t want to lose Mackey. Sutter isn’t a fan of young players. It makes sense. Especially given there was no market for Stecher or Ritchie for just picks. And most real contenders likely wanted neither. It’s a way to do a nice thing for your vets and to pick up a young coin-toss for nothing.

UK Yote

Jun 28, 2018
Jeez that was a shame for Prosvetov to lose his shut out, he had an outstanding game.
But 4 mins plus with an ENG and the Preds were camped in our zone, several opportunities to clear the puck and we fail to do so! Good win but this team has to stop passing that puck around in the D zone East to West and concentrate on getting it out. The top line is really looking good now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad