GDT: Game 65: Montreal Canadiens vs New York Rangers 3/1/19 7:00pm EST TSN2, RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
QREkEpn.jpg

HCevTML.jpg

B1jlnUi.jpg

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
At this rate call up Lindgren if you must. Not having faith in a backup gets real problematic at this time of the season as we risk wearing out Price or having Niemi cost us points.
It's ridiculous that they haven't called him up yet. Isn't Laval out of the playoffs anyways?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As a public service, if you're doing a drinking game tonight, this is what the Rangers's logo will look like to you assuming you picked the right trigger words:

fv2nF8j.gif

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
No, it's not ridiculous. In his current form, Lindgren is barely an AHL goalie.
And I'm sure that's still an upgrade on Niemi. They should have called him up BEFORE the deadline to see how he does in the NHL when Niemi couldn't stop a beach ball.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
And I'm sure that's still an upgrade on Niemi. They should have called him up BEFORE the deadline to see how he does in the NHL when Niemi couldn't stop a beach ball.
So. If a player sucks at the level he's playing, you give him a chance at the higher level? Why not try Lernout and Waked next season?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
So. If a player sucks at the level he's playing, you give him a chance at the higher level? Why not try Lernout and Waked next season?
Because he has shown a lot more in the NHL? He is 0.914% in the NHL. Lernout and Waked haven't shown anything in the NHL...

Reactions: Tyson

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
OMG I forgot about the Lernout days.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
At least our guys don't badmouth their coaches ...

And yes, Tatar is one weird dude.

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Huge weekend ahead for the playoff spots.

Habs and Pens both play tonight and then travel to Montreal for the meeting tomorrow.

Carolina also playing back-to-back.

Dongstoppable

Oct 12, 2017
Which is where I would say Bergevin failed at the trade deadline. If you don't trust your back up now, then you need to get someone you do trust.

Who was available? Feels like the goalie market went from flooded to scarce overnight. Teams realize the value of a backup who can play 30 games and want to get paid for them, if they're willing to trade them at all.

The real failing has been not drafting and developing any NHL caliber goalie in like 10 years. That's crazy. Hopefully Primeau breaks the trend but yikes. Might be time to try to poach an older guy from Europe, but they're always wildcards...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Who was available? Feels like the goalie market went from flooded to scarce overnight. Teams realize the value of a backup who can play 30 games and want to get paid for them, if they're willing to trade them at all.

The real failing has been not drafting and developing any NHL caliber goalie in like 10 years. That's crazy. Hopefully Primeau breaks the trend but yikes. Might be time to try to poach an older guy from Europe, but they're always wildcards...

Not my job to know. But it's pretty idiotic to keep running an often injured star player out on back to backs because you don't trust your back up against Detroit and New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad