GDT: Game 65 - CBJ at MIN - 25 Feb, 7pm

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What kind of streak will we be starting (or continuing) tonight?

Notes and projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Of Note
Columbus has points in 30 of 35 games (20-5-10). … The team's 14 overtime losses lead the NHL. … Werenski leads all NHL defensemen with a CBJ-record 18 goals from the blue line this season. … Stefan Matteau has two goals and an assist in three games since his callup from AHL Cleveland, while Emil Bemstrom has scored in two straight. … Boone Jenner has a 1-3-4 line in the past three games. ... The Blue Jackets have played in one-goal contests (excluding empty-net goals) in 14 of the last 15 games and 40 one-goal games overall this season. … This is the first meeting of the year between the teams, though Columbus is 4-1-1 in the last six contests. They will rematch Friday in Nationwide Arena.
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Gustav Nyquist - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Nick Foligno
Stefan Matteau - Boone Jenner - Nathan Gerbe
Calvin Thurkauf - Kevin Stenlund - Emil Bemstrom
Eric Robinson - Devin Shore - Jakob Lilja

Zach Werenski - Markus Nutivaara
Vladislav Gavrikov - David Savard
Scott Harrington - Andrew Peeke

Joonas Korpisalo
Matiss Kivlenieks

Scratches: Oliver Bjorkstrand (injury), Riley Nash (injury), Gabriel Carlsson, Elvis Merzlikins (injury)

Roster Report: The Blue Jackets will be without both Nash and Merzlikins, who each left the game Monday vs. Ottawa and did not return. Neither traveled to Minnesota with the team. Shore should slot into the forward group for his CBJ debut while Kivlenieks rejoins the team on emergency recall to serve as Korpisalo's likely backup.

wild.nhl.com has a preview article up:
Minnesota ended up having a quiet NHL Trade Deadline on Monday, the day after a 4-1 loss to the St. Louis Blues. While the Wild will bring the same roster to Xcel Energy Center on Tuesday as it did on Sunday, there is expected to be significant change in how that roster is deployed.

One of the biggest changes at practice Monday was the elevation of forward Gerry Mayhew to the team's top line with Eric Staal and Kevin Fiala.

Mayhew was recalled from Iowa on Sunday but was a healthy scratch. After a "paper" transaction Monday -- Mayhew, along with defenseman Louie Belpedio were reassigned to Iowa at the trade deadline to make them eligible for the AHL playoffs -- the former Ferris State Bulldog was officially recalled and will get his biggest opportunity yet to make a difference in the NHL.

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Wild's last game:

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
source.gif

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Is this right - we have FIVE forwards in the lineup tonight who were on the Opening Night Roster? And THREE Dmen (we scratched Gavrikov, right?)?

EDIT - It's 6 forwards (PLD, Foligno, Jenner, Nyquist, Bemstrom, and I forgot about Lilja) and 4 Dmen (Werenski, Savard, Nutivaara, and I forgot we played Harrington over Gavrikov AND Kukan Opening Night lmao).

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Is this right - we have FIVE forwards in the lineup tonight who were on the Opening Night Roster? And THREE Dmen (we scratched Gavrikov, right?)?

EDIT - It's 6 forwards (PLD, Foligno, Jenner, Nyquist, Bemstrom, and I forgot about Lilja) and 4 Dmen (Werenski, Savard, Nutivaara, and I forgot we played Harrington over Gavrikov AND Kukan Opening Night lmao).

And that opening night roster at forward was nothing to write home about.

What Torts has managed to do with this team is simply spectacular.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Surprised Minnesota isn't a little better this year. Pretty solid lineup, though certainly a few underachievers. Thought they'd get some bites for Parise, Dumba, maybe Koivu at the trade deadline.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
We looked absolutely gassed yesterday. Unless we decided to take Ottawa lightly I don't see us winning this game with how tired we looked. Hope to be wrong.

Reactions: We Want Ten

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
We looked absolutely gassed yesterday. Unless we decided to take Ottawa lightly I don't see us winning this game with how tired we looked. Hope to be wrong.
Agreed, though it could be the stress of dealing with deadline day and playing that evening. Hopefully Korpi comes up big.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
12-5-0 sounds scary with our schedule
something like 9-4-5 would take the team to playoff probably, I really just want to finish over nyr and flo.

Also fun fact, the team 21 non injured players are 18.3M under cap floor

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
something like 9-4-5 would take the team to playoff probably, I really just want to finish over nyr and flo.

Also fun fact, the team 21 non injured players are 18.3M under cap floor

Hope they really had the insurance figured out and maximized this season for JMac's sake.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Last night we managed to sweat out two points against a talent challenged Ottawa team with a lot of not quite NHL players (or maybe I confused that with our team? :laugh:). Anyway, hoping for more energy tonight that yields a win.....Maybe something different like a win in regulation even.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Last night we managed to sweat out two points against a talent challenged Ottawa team with a lot of not quite NHL players (or maybe I confused that with our team? :laugh:). Anyway, hoping for more energy tonight that yields a win.....Maybe something different like a win in regulation even.
just for giggles their 20 man roster was 1.1m more paid than cbj one yesterday

Reactions: MoeBartoli

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Morning skate shows Milano-Getzlaf-Rakell on the top line for Anaheim. I've got nothing against Sonny and I guess I hope he does well, but if he starts lighting it up...

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Morning skate shows Milano-Getzlaf-Rakell on the top line for Anaheim. I've got nothing against Sonny and I guess I hope he does well, but if he starts lighting it up...
He can rack up points all he wants. Anaheim isn't winning anytime soon. You can be a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond. The Ducks have scored less than Columbus while allowing a lot more. He's not helping that stat.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
He can rack up points all he wants. Anaheim isn't winning anytime soon. You can be a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond. The Ducks have scored less than Columbus while allowing a lot more. He's not helping that stat.
and even if he played with those 2 player I don't think they can cover up all his turnover anyway.

Reactions: Fro

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1