GDT: Game 65 - Broad Street Bullies come to Causeway | NESN, NHLN, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Welp, I’m gonna miss this one. We lost power at 8:00 last night. Electric company says best case tomorrow back on. Meanwhile it’s frighten cold
Yikes. Hope you stay warm-bad time to be without power.

Maybe you’ll get lucky and get it back sooner.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Marchand reminds me of former Flyer great Bobby Clarke. The modern day player who everyone hates to play against but loves to play with and are true born Winners with an elite level of skill and Heart!

Since the start of the 2015-16 season Marchand is tied for third in goals (104) among all NHL players and leads all players with a plus-minus rating of plus-70.

clarke.jpg

Philadelphia Flyers Legends: Bobby Clarke
Clarke is immortally beloved in Philadelphia and remembered as one of the all time greats in hockey history. However hockey fans elsewhere love to perpetuate his status as one of hockey's most hated villains.

upload_2018-3-8_11-26-24.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-8_11-26-6.png
    upload_2018-3-8_11-26-6.png
    789.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
So do we know if Marchand is playing ???... Backes is supended so he cant take his place on line one ? Czarnik ?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
yeah not sure.
If marchand is out maybe B's will appeal suspension???

Nope, and nope. First, I can't imagine the Bruins wouldn't have called someone up yet if Marchand were really going to be out for the game. Maybe it's a maintenance day.

And for the appeals process available...

I sort of thought so - I'd never heard of appealing a suspension in the NHL. I sort of see why - you can't drag these things out for weeks. Plus, it's basically this:

KID: Can I have a cookie?
PARENT: No.
KID: Okay. I appeal. Can I have a cookie?
PARENT: No.

You're basically asking the same people who reviewed the hit to review it again. They're not going to change their mind. It's almost as dumb as the idea of having the on-ice officials review goalie interference/offsides calls instead of sending it directly to Toronto...except at least the on-ice officials have new evidence (replays).

It's not like there can be new evidence for the suspension that hasn't been reviewed already. Backes had his shot with a phone hearing to plead his case, and lost. If anything, appealing a suspension can only make it worse. Say you had a situation where an appeal could be made, and Backes could play right now. If the suspension were upheld (which it would be), Backes misses out on games later in the season - NOT GOOD.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
Marchand reminds me of former Flyer great Bobby Clarke. The modern day player who everyone hates to play against but loves to play with and are true born Winners with an elite level of skill and Heart!

Since the start of the 2015-16 season Marchand is tied for third in goals (104) among all NHL players and leads all players with a plus-minus rating of plus-70.

clarke.jpg

Philadelphia Flyers Legends: Bobby Clarke
Clarke is immortally beloved in Philadelphia and remembered as one of the all time greats in hockey history. However hockey fans elsewhere love to perpetuate his status as one of hockey's most hated villains.

View attachment 103331
Wow , that magazine brings back memories ! I used to get Hockey Illustrated when I was a kid . It was surreal seeing all the NHL players in full colour after watching hockey on a puney black and white TV . Jeez , how old am I ? :)

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Hate the frickin Flyers- top 5 hated team for me behind Habs, Leafs and Rangers, and above Pens, so let's just win. We have a better team, even with the injuries, so I have good expectations for tonight.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Wow , that magazine brings back memories ! I used to get Hockey Illustrated when I was a kid . It was surreal seeing all the NHL players in full colour after watching hockey on a puney black and white TV . Jeez , how old am I ? :)
I know right....I love where it says "Blood on the ice"......So funny, the game has come a long way.

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
Just to put things in perspective, this team, with Bergeron, McAvoy, and Backes all out, is still what would qualify as a fairly decent team that would be a bubble playoff team. It would be like a garden variety pretty good Bruins team.

It would often come down to a question of how involved David Krejci was on a given night. I was off by one game in the reversion prediction and for that I apologize, but he was back to his old ways last game, and it's not good enough. HE needs to decide it's not good enough. It feels like he decides that it is good enough, but that tale is well-told at this point :deadhorse and so I will leave it where it lies.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
More than anything else, I just want the guys to get in and out of this game with NO INJURIES

Worried like hell about cheapshots right now
I hate the flyers. Usually Giroux hacks away at Bergy so he will have to pick someone else tonight.

PLEASE tell me Adam McQuaid is playing tonight.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I mainly want to get out of this game without any injuries. The Flyers will be pretty pissed at losing to the Pens last night, the Bruins needs to play the full 60....and stay out of the box please.

Let's make it 5 in a row!! GO BRUINS!!!

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Flyers are going to be more tired than the Bruins. They spent a lot of energy last night trying to provoke the Pens, even at the end. I expect they will be trying all manner of foolishness tonight. Gudas is a fist-rate puke. I would love to see Quaider take care of him early on. Hopefully the Bs can get out of this one without any injuries or bull shit suspensions from the jack asses at DoPS.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
What's up with Marchy? Is he not playing ? I am at work and the tweets do not show here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad