GDT: Game #65 Avs @ BJs | Mar 7th 5PM MTN | Tank or Nah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
:avs @ :cbj
CBJ GDT
vCash thread

Team Stats
Avalanche|Stat|Blue Jackets
2.5 (23rd)|Goals per game| 2.5 (23rd)
2.8 (24th) |Goals Against| 2.9 (22nd)
12.9% (29th) |PP %|14.3 (21st)
83.9% (7th)|PK %|80.8% (15th)
44.5 (29th)|FF %|46.7 (25th)
43.8(29th)|CF %|46.7 (25th)
101.1 (4th)|PDO|98.7 (27th)

Projected Lines
photo.php
photo.php
photo.php

photo.php
photo.php
photo.php

photo.php
photo.php
16fe44ea67463073de9f757a10e984ce.png

photo.php
photo.php
photo.php

photo.php
photo.php

photo.php
photo.php

photo.php
photo.php

Blue Jackets Projected Line up
LW|C|RW
Nick Foligno|Ryan Johansen|Cam Atkinson
Brandon Dubinsky|Artem Anisimov|Brian Gibbons
Scott Hartnell|Alex Wennberg|Marko Dano
Corey Tropp|Mark Letestu|Jared Boll

LD|RD
Jack Johnson|David Savard
Fedor Tyutin|Dalton Prout
Justin Falk|Cody Goloubef

Starting Goalies
i
@
i

20-17-7 .918sv% 2.77 GAA, 4 shutout | 10-13-2 .914sv% 2.77GAA

GDT Music

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Well at least Evs looks happy to be on the 3rd line while Caron and Cody get top 6 minutes. :laugh:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Seriously though, why can't they put Everberg and Hishon up there

I think Roy didn't want to break up that 3rd line, but IMO Mitchell's been killing the play too often for my liking, and I'd be fine with bumping Everberg up.

Hishon too but I guess Roy has a plan to bring him along at a snails pace at every step of the process. Hopefully he can keep doing what Roy asks and then he finally gives him a shot on the 3rd line at least in a couple games.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This is so Joey Hishon. Gets a chance (well, kinda) and immediately gets hurt. Poor guy.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Sigh. Yeah TMV was right. Timing suggested it was something they decided this morning. Roy even said yesterday they would see in the morning. I really, really hope this is something he can bounce back from quick. This opportunity isn't something that's going to wait.

I can't even get outraged at the lines. Without MacKinnon just doesn't feel like the Avs. He's played every game for two years, he's going to leave a big hole. I still hope they do well. I'm not going to root for a tank that at best will get them one better draft position. Doesn't mean I won't root for eastern conference teams to win but I've been doing that since November. This game will be real interesting to see if anyone even wants it, if the BJs put up and sort of fight or if the Avs start sleepwalking. I don't think they will quit, and certainly not before Minnesota but its tough to get the intensity up all the time for something imaginary.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Ethnicity aside, this was like Iggy's reaction when Frei tried to push his pacifist agenda the other day and asked him if he'd be the voice of reason after the actions at the end of the Minnesota game.

Iggy just said, "We didn't even talk about it.....I didn't even think it was that bad."

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Ethnicity aside, this was like Iggy's reaction when Frei tried to push his pacifist agenda the other day and asked him if he'd be the voice of reason after the actions at the end of the Minnesota game.

Iggy just said, "We didn't even talk about it.....I didn't even think it was that bad."

That's hilarious, I must have missed that.

Its also hilarious this team has as much rage as a group of kindergarteners most of the time and when one little thing happens everyone acts like Bertuzzi 2.0 has just happened. It is really sad.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
The lineup is just laughably bad. It's not even worth tuning in for. I'll watch anyways but it's gotten to the point of just being sad.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That's hilarious, I must have missed that.

Its also hilarious this team has as much rage as a group of kindergarteners most of the time and when one little thing happens everyone acts like Bertuzzi 2.0 has just happened. It is really sad.

Yea I think it's kind of funny how every team's fans have this pre determined picture of Roy and the Avs that is completely fabricated, like they're the broad street bullies or something, and Roy is pushing that agenda. When in reality they never get in this rough and tumble reactionary hockey, and Roy has preached focus and downplayed fighting his entire tenure with the Avs.

Hockey is a game of emotions though and these things happen, and will always happen. The Avs were a little frustrated at losing again to the Wild and them targeting one of their star players with another bad or borderline hit that caused an injury, and there was a little boil over but nothing much. All the reactions after the game though were "I hate Roy", or "I hate Landekskog or McLeod" like they're such evil villains that did the Wild wrong.

What happened at the end of that game was so incredibly tame compared to even what happened in those situations five years ago, let alone 15-20 years ago and more. People like Russo and Frei and their outrage is just so silly. What sport have they been watching their entire lives? This is how hockey's been played for 100 years, and McLeod giving Granlund a bump and then fighting Coyle after he slashed him, or Landy's little paw at Koivu from the bench was anything but bush league. Landy should have been fined out of principle, but "bush league" is the most over used ridiculous phrase in hockey given how it has been played in the NHL over the years.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Iggy' a smart veteran. He knows if he talks about it then the league takes notice. Pretend like there's absolutely nothing going on and then go full Steve Downie on someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad