GDT: Game 64: Seattle Kraken(19-38-6) @ Arizona Coyotes(20-38-4) - 7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Should've traded Giordano sooner. Soucy could have improved his stats and got traded for a Lindholm return.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If I was Francis I would try to extend Soucy this off-season. I think we could extend him for 5 x 4.5M. Give him something between an Oleksiak and Larsson deal.

It could end up looking like a steal.

The only issue is that he's 27 and will be 28 in the summer. That's not old but they already have older D in Larsson and Oleksiak signed long term and Dunn will be 26 when he signs long term after next year. Your top 4 will be 27 or above and signed for 4M or above. That's great if you're a contender but not a team trying to build with youth.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Sprong has looked good.
The only issue is that he's 27 and will be 28 in the summer. That's not old but they already have older D in Larsson and Oleksiak signed long term and Dunn will be 26 when he signs long term after next year. Your top 4 will be 27 or above and signed for 4M or above. That's great if you're a contender but not a team trying to build with youth.
Do you really expect every player we have signed and will sign in the future is going to spend their entire contracts with us? I am looking at this as asset management. Having an additional D-man signed makes it easier for us to get assets as our own draft picks start stepping into those roles. You sell those contracts/players at a premium and get good assets.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Hope this transformation is for real because the Kraken were a hell of a lot of fun to watch tonight.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Hope this transformation is for real because the Kraken were a hell of a lot of fun to watch tonight.
Definitely the kind of win you want despite causing us to leap frog the yotes. The real test is the LA games. If they can hang, the future is bright and if they can win the first one, it’ll be the first 3 game streak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad