GDT: Game 64: Seattle Kraken(19-38-6) @ Arizona Coyotes(20-38-4) - 7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Hope this transformation is for real because the Kraken were a hell of a lot of fun to watch tonight.
The Detroit game was a great watch as well. 60 minutes of high-intensity.

It is the kind of hockey you love to see the team play. It is just like how they started the season.

I don't think the intensity is 82 game sustainable, but it's great to see no one giving up, even in a lost season.

This group has a lot of character,

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Really hoping that at some point, Hakstol just goes back to a traditional 2 up high Powerplay.

This 1-3-1 diamond crap is way to easy for the other teams to defend.

It cuts down the space they have to cover, and makes it really easy to shut down the lanes just by shifting as a unit. They don't have to rotate at all to maintain coverage while keeping their positions.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Really hoping that at some point, Hakstol just goes back to a traditional 2 up high Powerplay.

This 1-3-1 diamond crap is way to easy for the other teams to defend.

It cuts down the space they have to cover, and makes it really easy to shut down the lanes just by shifting as a unit. They don't have to rotate at all to maintain coverage while keeping their positions.
Was thinking the exact thing during this game. Still ended up with a ppg though.

20th win tonight. 4-4-1 so far in March. That’s wild.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Lauzon didn't committ a penalty... (but he did for nashville though during his first game post trade) ;)

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I think I’ve figured out why Hakstol interviews rub me the wrong way. Besides that he rolled a 1 for charisma, he sounds exactly like my father-in-law.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Was thinking the exact thing during this game. Still ended up with a ppg though.

20th win tonight. 4-4-1 so far in March. That’s wild.
Yeah, but that PP goal was a total transition goal, half the team wasn't even in the zone. Once they set up on all their PPs, they held possession around the perimeter, but they had very few quality chances.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Lauzon didn't committ a penalty... (but he did for nashville though during his first game post trade) ;)
That's ok, Fleury took the bone-headed cross checking penalty for Lauzon tonight.

Seems we have to have at least one a game....

Yep, seems like a next man up mentality when it comes to taking stupid penalties. :D

Overall solid and deserved win for the Kraken tonight against a team that is equally as bad.
There were some good phases but overall there was also quite some ugly hockey as well.

Sprong also scored and I expect him to do more of that cause he seems to shoot every time he's got the puck.

BTW: During his last four Grubauer's been:
3-1-0
.911(SV%) - saving 113 of 124
2.75 GAA

During his last ten games he has been:
3-7-0
.904(SV%) - saving 292 of 323
3.10 GAA

None of that is anything fancy but it does show he's been better as of late and hopefully it means he's starting to regain form for a bounce back season next year.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Yep, seems like a next man up mentality when it comes to taking stupid penalties. :D

Overall solid and deserved win for the Kraken tonight against a team that is equally as bad.
There were some good phases but overall there was also quite some ugly hockey as well.

Sprong also scored and I expect him to do more of that cause he seems to shoot every time he's got the puck.

3-1-0
2.75 GAA

3-7-0
3.10 GAA

None of that is anything fancy but it does show he's been better as of late and hopefully it means he's starting to regain form for a bounce back season next year.

Sprong definitely not afraid to shoot and he does have a good one. He has just not been consistent with it and he has not been given a chance to work through slumps by getting ice time regardless imo. He should get that opportunity with the Kraken I hope. He looked good last night.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
That's ok, Fleury took the bone-headed cross checking penalty for Lauzon tonight.

Seems we have to have at least one a game....
Lauzon was one of the only guys in that shellacking of Nashville that ended up with a 0 +/-. Otherwise, I couldn't say much since I didn't watch it, though I'll watch the highlights some time today.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA

3-1-0
2.75 GAA

3-7-0
3.10 GAA

Yeah, he's definitely starting to look closer to the Grubauer we signed, but he's still got a ways to go.

He's been taking on more shots lately too, which I think is good. Early in the season when his stats were attrocious, the Kraken were only allowing like 16-18 shots on goal a night and he was giving up 3-4. That'll KILL your stats. Now he's giving up 2-4 per night on 25-32 shots.

Note: I pulled the goals allowed and shot totals out of my ass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad