GDT: GAME 64: LEAFS @ HABS | Clown Show | Sat. March 9, 2024, 7PM ET -- CBC, TVAS, SN, TSN690, 98.5FM

Will Joshua Roy score tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Another trade deadline has come and gone.

I don't know about you but I got fed up of looking for breaking news on Twitter/ X, especially being fully aware that the Habs were not in a favorable position to add major assets, but only to conduct surgery in the form of addition by subtraction.

And yet, like a fish, I fell for that damn Clown Show. Like every other year.

8m7ELgw.jpg

When it was all said and done, I started to question the sanity of constantly refreshing Twitter/ X, trying to sidestep faux insiders, watching the same teams pull the same scams they always do and wondering how I let it all get in the way of a good workout, miss out on a good book or whatever.

OjDSqLp.jpg

Only warm body incoming was Gabriel Jacob Perreault, an AHL move. Cost us Mysak and it killed all the Tuch jokes we had been piling the last couple of years.

But then, I thought it over. Maybe I missed out on some of the levity that the Laffs routinely manufacture, cause they just can't help themselves.

You start to look at the deadline moves they made and wonder how level-headed, media types applying journalistic standards might react in the face of whatever Brad Treliving sold to them about his acquisitions.

I mean, what the hell are these carcasses, the second coming of Ott, King, Martinsen and Davidson?

2HH1ueF.jpg

Credit AI Leaf Images from Coach's Call

Of course, there are no hockey media types in Toronto espousing journalistic standards, when it comes to the Laffs. Fig media will simply prop Treliving's token moves as the Holy Grail that will get them to advance in the playoffs.

A sampling of their fan reactions ...

KTk7EZH.jpg

But hey, never underestimate the gravitational pull of the Fig.

QaL447n.gif

Their Fig-Wetting is real.

tqyBUkr.png

But worry not, their disappointed expressions are merely postponed, as tears will flow endlessly when they'll once again get eliminated and their annoying media will ignore the successes of whatever other team advances to the next round.

ljHxkwo.jpg

U1oX8Gp.jpg

Their best player has already been psyching himself for such eventuality.

X0s48uM.jpg

On the good news front, Joshua Roy has become more and more noticeable. He posted two goals in his last 2 games and would have had a third had it not been voided upon video review.

Hughes made a paper transaction yesterday making both Roy and Struble eligible to play for the Rocket but in Roy's case, if he keeps this kind of form, there might not even be reason to consider it.

Nice going, Joshua.

t3KKZ1J.gif

Last but not least, here's a small token of appreciation for our ex-Tank Commander, Jake Allen. He's been a class act throughout his tenure as a Hab and wish him the best in Joisey. And Jake, please stay healthy next season -- at least 40-games worth of health and of course, do make the playoffs.

In the meantime, you'll be fondly remembered.

SsRwdqu.png

0zKjoqD.png

LINEUPS

In honor of the passing of Akira Toriyama, the creator of Dragon Ball, who died earlier this month at the age of 68, here's the Ryu Street Fighter who was inspired by it. RIP.

ClPrbsX.gif

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I want this win and hopefully Arber takes care of business if he decides to fight Reaves. I don't think he needs to fight any of these 13th forward goons in staged scenarios but if he does I truly hope he embarrasses the cave troll.

I am not too concerned with the tank as I think that there is too much parity between slots 2-12 to really worry about it other than improving our meagre odds at Celebrini.

And great GDT @Runner77 as per usual!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I hope we don't suffer our coming off the road hangover until next game.
I'd love to expose those frauds for what they really are...

Savard be ready because the zone entries will be on your side not Arber's. :sarcasm:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
@Runner77 has me scurrying to my "Old Farmer's Almanac"

I'm trying to determine just how powerful the gravitational pull of the "Fig" really is.
In the meantime if our East Coast and West Coast friends can kindly chime in...

Has anyone noticed any tide anomalies recorded in May consistent with the years the Leafs make the post season?

Inquiring minds want to know. :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: