GDT: Game 64: Columbus @ Pittsburgh | 7 PM EST

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
We had a good opening 20. Then big brother got annoyed and established dominance. Onto the next one
I know they loom large in your imagination but Pittsburgh isn't that good. They're not the Avs, they don't have a dominance switch they can just flip on.

They're a good veteran team that takes advantage of mistakes, and the Jackets started churning out mistakes in that second period. I pointed out three from Sillinger alone.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Stupid decisions even on the free ice. Watching such games is a waste of time. Poor Korpi. I hope Peeke will be fine. Bye.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I know they loom large in your imagination but Pittsburgh isn't that good. They're not the Avs, they don't have a dominance switch they can just flip on.

They're a good veteran team that takes advantage of mistakes, and the Jackets started churning out mistakes in that second period. I pointed out three from Sillinger alone.
I am well aware that they are good but not special

but they might as well be the all time Canadian Olympic team against the CBJ. We’ve beaten them like 7-8 times since 2010 or something ridiculous like that. They are big brother to us.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Playing the Pens reminds me of when Torts inserted Carlsson onto the lineup during the playoff series vs the Pens. it was his NHL debut and he was fresh over form Europe. I’m thinking this guy must be a stud to hit the ice under the circumstances. Bad read on my part….and bad read by Torts too.

Reactions: DarkandStormy

Grouchy

Nov 2, 2006
Canal Winchester, OH
Glad I bought some Belgian-style tripels today. Made the viewing tolerable to a point. Also got the stray cat we took in 8 weeks ago to venture out of his room and watch the game with me on the iPad in the hallway.

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Playing the Pens reminds me of when Torts inserted Carlsson onto the lineup during the playoff series vs the Pens. it was his NHL debut and he was fresh over form Europe. I’m thinking this guy must be a stud to hit the ice under the circumstances. Bad read on my part….and bad read by Torts too.
Not sure what went wrong with Carlsson. The year after he made his debut I remember Torts alluding to something happening with him, but never specified what. One of many interesting stories we will never know

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Not sure what went wrong with Carlsson. The year after he made his debut I remember Torts alluding to something happening with him, but never specified what. One of many interesting stories we will never know
I'm not sure what you're thinking of but I thought the chronic back injuries and willowy build more than explained his stalled development.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Glad I bought some Belgian-style tripels today. Made the viewing tolerable to a point. Also got the stray cat we took in 8 weeks ago to venture out of his room and watch the game with me on the iPad in the hallway.
Most cultured post of the thread. You're too good for us Grouchy!

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Those are the best beers, imo.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
You realize of course the bolded was abandoned last year and that nobody except the terminally clueless has taken it seriously since, right?

I often listen to the other team’s broadcast, especially in the first period. I have heard 2 things over and over this season. 1) Sillinger is the youngest guy in the league. 2) The Jackets are one of those teams that are hard to play against / make you work. A distant third that I only sometimes hear is that Voracek was originally a Blue Jacket.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I often listen to the other team’s broadcast, especially in the first period. I have heard 2 things over and over this season. 1) Sillinger is the youngest guy in the league. 2) The Jackets are one of those teams that are hard to play against / make you work. A distant third that I only sometimes hear is that Voracek was originally a Blue Jacket.
Other teams’ broadcasts are just using a tired cliche from past seasons and it should be pretty obvious. It’s also what they say about almost any team that is out of a playoff position.

It’s kind of like college football coaches saying the D2 school we play this coming Saturday plays hard as is well coached.

Reactions: Viqsi

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Other teams’ broadcasts are just using a tired cliche from past seasons and it should be pretty obvious.

I agree completely. I just think it is pretty funny that they all say it. And they love to say Sillinger is the youngest guy in the league. They talk about his dad too if he played for that team, which is about a third of the time. And if they talk about Voracek they act like they have uncovered some surprising fact about him. “Voracek was originally drafted by the Jackets, and he actually played a couple of seasons for them before he became a Flyer.”

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I agree completely. I just think it is pretty funny that they all say it. And they love to say Sillinger is the youngest guy in the league. They talk about his dad too if he played for that team, which is about a third of the time. And if they talk about Voracek they act like they have uncovered some surprising fact about him. “Voracek was originally drafted by the Jackets, and he actually played a couple of seasons for them before he became a Flyer.”
Frankly, I don't think it's an act with most of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad