GDT: Game 64 - CBJ vs OTT - 24 Feb, 7pm, @Nat

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Today on Trade Deadline day, we get to witness the (possible/probable) triumphant return of Korpi.

Notes and projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Of Note
Columbus has points in 29 of 34 games (19-5-10). … The team's 14 overtime losses lead the NHL. … Elvis Merzlikins owns the NHL lead with five shutouts.. … Markus Nutivaara has as 1-4-5 line in the past six contests while playing on the top pair with Zach Werenski. … Werenski leads all NHL defensemen with a CBJ-record 18 goals from the blue line this season. … Stefan Matteau has a goal and an assist in two games since his callup from AHL Cleveland. ... The Blue Jackets have played in one-goal contests (excluding empty-net goals) in 13 of the last 14 games and 39 overall this season. … Columbus has not taken a penalty in six of 62 games this year. … The Blue Jackets have lost 355 man games to injury, already the third most in franchise history. ... Columbus is 7-0-1 on Mondays this season. … The Blue Jackets won a 1-0 game in Columbus between the teams earlier this year before Ottawa captured a 4-3 win in overtime in the second meeting.
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Gustav Nyquist - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Nick Foligno
Stefan Matteau - Boone Jenner - Nathan Gerbe
Sonny Milano - Kevin Stenlund - Emil Bemstrom
Eric Robinson - Riley Nash - Jakob Lilja

Zach Werenski - Markus Nutivaara
Vladislav Gavrikov - David Savard
Scott Harrington - Andrew Peeke

Joonas Korpisalo
Elvis Merzlikins

Scratches: Oliver Bjorkstrand (injury), Gabriel Carlsson

Roster Report: It's trade deadline day so the roster could be tweaked by the time the game comes around. Tortorella is not expected to make address the media until pregame, so the lineup will not be known for sure until around 5:40.

senators.nhl.com doesn't have a preview article up yet.

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Sens' last game:

Reactions: Ginger Papa

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Milano gone

Korpi to start

A rental for a low level return to CBJ to help on offense

My few predictions for today

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Duclair with another hatty? I'm not predicting, just wondering.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
there's still good amount of time for emergency call up no problem. hope TFW get his shot, Hanni could come back too.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Thanks, I have Merzlikins in for my draft kings team, but if he's not starting I have to change it up lol. Appreciate it. Good luck tonight to your Jackets.
Latest report as per "The Score" & "Left Wing Lock" shows an Elvis sighting.

giphy.gif

Hope this give you time to alter your Line up

Reactions: Boomstick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad