GDT: Game 64: Blues vs Coyotes - 7:00pm - BSAZ - Winning would bring the Blues Edition.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Macelli might be our best offensive player next year....Who needs Chych/Ghost, goodby Bedard!

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Man we are really owning that 5th worst spot. And with Coyote guarantee fate it will be the 7th pick.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Just watched the highlights with my morning coffee. This team has some skill...who knew.

The draft lottery isn't looking great, but I'm actually looking forward to next season. Not expecting playoffs, but considering rookie additions and aging veteran acquisitions, we might be better.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
This team, hey. :laugh:

Some context on how this tank is doing:

We ended the season last year with 57 points. We are now at 54 points.... with 18 games to go. :naughty:

• Wow
Reactions: Prarievarg

cobra427

May 6, 2012
This team, hey. :laugh:

Some context on how this tank is doing:

We ended the season last year with 57 points. We are now at 54 points.... with 18 games to go. :naughty:
Our goal differential last year was -1.26, it is down to -.71, so 1/2 a goal improvement per game. That is significant, goos for a 10 point or so improvement if we get to 67ish points. Offensively, Crouse/Maccelli were big lifts, along with Keller, and schmaltz being healthy, Chych Ghost were big lifts too. On D, goal tending overall was the improvement.

Reactions: ParisSaintGermain

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
We are Just to good for Our own good.
And while i Like it, because that means the Players are motivated and the Coach must be a damn Genius, it also means we don't get a better draft Position.

But maybe we should Accept this and embrace it.
We have motivated Players and great Coaching staff. We Develop Players even though they don't have the best talent and veterans around them. That is Something WE should be proud of.

Go yotes, Go!

Reactions: MIGs Dog

wbwing

Aug 28, 2014
Really didn't think Logan Cooley (as awesome as he is) was going to be our drafting peak in this rebuild. I don't even hate it right now... But probably will in 5 years.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Really didn't think Logan Cooley (as awesome as he is) was going to be our drafting peak in this rebuild. I don't even hate it right now... But probably will in 5 years.

Cooley might not be the peak. Call me crazy, but we could win the lottery. Also, it's still possible the team will be worse next season or the one after.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I dunno, after watching BA's interview with PHNX, I've stopped caring about lottery luck. I'm just really excited that we have a coach the players really like, and a room that isn't toxic as hell. I kinda feel like in past years, Shane Doan was the only guy holding the players together, and once he was gone the room was more or less a disaster.

This group seems to want to win together, and isn't that the kind of team that eventually wins championships?

The draft is the draft. Whatever luck we miss out on this year, just remember that last year, we ended up getting what could be the best player of the whole 2022 draft in Logan Cooley. I'd rather him join a team with chemistry than a broken team with Bedard.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Shane Doan was the only guy holding the players together, and once he was gone the room was more or less a disaster.
It was never a coincidence to me that the year when Doan was out with Rocky Mountain Fever the team went completely downhill. That was the year with Ribeiro where I’m sure the locker room vibes were pretty tumultuous

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021
Hate that we won but it was a fun game to attend. Going on Thursday as well. Hopefully we can finally start losing some games.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Observations from the rink last night: Veggie played darn good. Keller, Schmaltz, Fish, Boyd, MM, and Dea all looked good. Boko didnt see much ice, same with Kassian. Mackey played pretty poorly. Was flat out beat twice and took two ill timed penalties. I thought the rest of the D was pretty good. Poor Binnington - he took it on the chin. Not sold out based on empty seats and the Blues fans were quiet :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad