GDT: Game #63: Wild @ Coyotes | 7:00pm (AZ) | Scripps

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
The 2nd Wild goal is total horseshit. How can you crosscheck your opponent and lay on him in the crease? 1. Should have been cross-checking penalty. 2. Resulted in goalie interference. 3. Veggy must be more disciplined and stop following the puck handler around the net.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
They had about a 20 minute stretch between the 2nd and 3rd periods that they played decent. But not much more than that.
It's all relative...only 2 penalties and neither were dumb. Minimal out numbered attacks from bad reads or bad pinches. Had some good offensive looks that MAF did well against. The 2nd Minny goal should not have counted + 2 empty net goals so they really did not give up much. They played well.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
If that's legal that is what every forward should strive to do. Cross check the dman to the ice jump on top of him and keep him there.
true, but what Coyote wants to win so much that they would play that aggressively ?
Keller? Schmaltz?
Other than Cooley ( and that is a saddening exception) not a single name comes to mind.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
That was a blatant cross check. Our D was flat on his stomach from the cross check. Hell, I thought it was Hayton laying on the ice.:sarcasm:

Bear hit the nail on the head.
He always does.

true, but what Coyote wants to win so much that they would play that aggressively ?
Keller? Schmaltz?
Other than Cooley ( and that is a saddening exception) not a single name comes to mind.
Try and skate through the opposition rookie Cooley?
Let’s not snub our noses at intelligence.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I DESPISE losing, but man some of ya are letting it blind you of a well played game. Oddly, probably the same “some” that want kids playing and are willing to wait 7-8 years to build through the draft.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I DESPISE losing, but man some of ya are letting it blind you of a well played game. Oddly, probably the same “some” that want kids playing and are willing to wait 7-8 years to build through the draft.
Kids make rookie mistakes, granted. Last night two led to goals. It's the unforced and lightly contested turnover by the seasoned players that has me concerned.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
The average NHL career is 5 years according to google.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I've always been in awe of the competitors at this level, in any sport, because they love winning more than they hate losing. I wish that I had that,

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Last edited:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Kids make rookie mistakes, granted. Last night two led to goals. It's the unforced and lightly contested turnover by the seasoned players that has me concerned.
I don’t think it should be of concern at this point. They’ve been through this rinse and repeat many times and will start fresh and anew next season.
Not saying they’re mailing it in, but a higher percentage in a lapse in concentration is bound to happen.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad