Pre-Game Talk: Game #63: Sharks @ Canucks | Tuesday, March 3rd | 7PM PST SNP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
They will be desperate and san jose always comes out hard in the first, team needs to be ready, cant have a slow start in this one.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I don't think Calgary even matters now. A win tomorrow in regulation pretty much means A playoff spot.

I would like to think so but calgary keeps hanging around. We shouldnt be playing this well either being banged up.

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
I would like to think so but calgary keeps hanging around. We shouldnt be playing this well either being banged up.

They just lost their best player for the year. They were already hanging by a thread, we win tomorrow night and that lead is insurmountable.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Have a bad feeling about this game. Sharks just had one of those players-only meetings. They may come up with an inspired effort against us. Will have to see how they do tonight

I have the minutes from that meeting:

Team Plan
-diving
-slewfooting
-???
-profit

Signed,
Thornton xoxoxox

Last edited:

mdobbs

Oct 21, 2010
Have a bad feeling about this game. Sharks just had one of those players-only meetings. They may come up with an inspired effort against us. Will have to see how they do tonight

They're also playing back to back against a tough Habs team tonight and they gotta travel.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows-Bonino-Vrbata
Matthias-Richardson-Higgins
Kenins-Horvat-Hansen
Medicine Hat

Edler Tanev
Hamhuis Corrado/Weber
Stanton/Sbisa-Clendening/Webe

I kinda like that squad, if they ever get to full health let's see how they do. For this game I think SJS will expose our replacements so 3-2Sharks with yesterday's defense but a W if any warm body returns.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Damn was really hoping Biega would stick around, that's our leading hitter in 4 straight games right there with a high of 9 against the Isles 6 last game going 3-1 in that stretch, will be missed on the back end.

Edit: 5 of the 7 games he's played he's been our leading hitter.

Booshami

Apr 19, 2012
Vancouver
Damn was really hoping Biega would stick around, that's our leading hitter in 4 straight games right there with a high of 9 against the Isles 6 last game going 3-1 in that stretch, will be missed on the back end.

Edit: 5 of the 7 games he's played he's been our leading hitter.
I rather have Biega over Sbisa any day.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
An important game because SJ plays VAN well. Good match up for them. They may be slumping in other games, but they get up for the Canucks.

Typically, VAN loses the possession battle against them. I'd like to see them buck that trend this game, win or lose.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Clendening needs to go to Utica ASAP. I've been pretty surprised of Stanton. I wonder he makes the top 6 when everyone returns.

I would think so, pairings will probably go back to what they were.

Edler Tanev
Hamhuis Bieksa
Stanton Sbisa

Weber

But man with the way playoff games are played a physical guy like Biega would be great to have.

medhatcanuck

Jul 8, 2010
Inside JayZ's Belly
Clendening needs to go to Utica ASAP. I've been pretty surprised of Stanton. I wonder he makes the top 6 when everyone returns.

I think if Weber can show some consistency and play the way he did again STL, and not do the automatic 1-2 giveaways a game, he has a real chance to be the #6 guy.

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Sbisa - Weber

As gross as that 3rd pairing is, Sbisa - Bieksa would be no better, and Sbisa - Clen, Sbisa - Stanton, Sbisa - Corrado....

I'd pick:
1) One of Weber/Corrado/Stanton
2) Biega
3) Clendening

Hopefully one of these guys emerges, hell, hopefully 2 of these guys outplay pizza.

This is one of those situations where looking toward our future is really hurting our current team. Sbisa - ____. Won't be playing more than 10-12 min, if playoffs happen.... Whereas, we could have picked up a solid RH d, to play with Sbisa, but to the detriment to our future.

Hopefully 2 of the guy can really step up and play big minutes, relieving our big 4 of some tough minutes.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
breaking up Stanton / Clendening would be stupid, they've been really effective together. If Edler'a good to go.

Edler / Corrado
Hamhuis / Weber
Stanton / Clendening

Edler against JT
Hamhuis against Couture

Booshami

Apr 19, 2012
Vancouver
breaking up Stanton / Clendening would be stupid, they've been really effective together. If Edler'a good to go.

Edler / Corrado
Hamhuis / Weber
Stanton / Clendening

Edler against JT
Hamhuis against Couture
Isn't Corrado going to Utica?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad