Pre-Game Talk: GAME 63 7:37 PM - Conner McDavid visits Boston - STREAMING ONLY in US - ESPN+, Hulu, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1678246723995.png

Edmonton @ Boston, 7:30 PM Hulu/ESPN+
Steve Levy, Ray Ferraro, AJ Mleczko

1678246639636.png

1678246794299.png

1678247080914.png

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Well. Well. Well! What a long 3 days! Much needed for the boys. Hope they are well rested and have healed a bit. Hoping they come ready to play! Play hard. Play smart. Maybe we can get that pp...going a bit. Smart passing. NO INJURIES please. Let's try our best not to let the human cheat code that is McDavid beat us. We got this! We know what to do. Go out and do it!

You know the drill!
giphy.gif

Last edited:

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Guess this will be a radio game for me. My daughter has Hulu, but for whatever reason, we can't get the game and we don't pay for ESPN+. I think you need some sports package. Oh well, it's only the one game.

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Ya ya ya they have McDavid and they can score if you give them power plays and open ice BUT their D is not very good and ours is very good. Their goaltending is average at best and ours is the best in the league. They are a lot like the Leafs, but also a lot like the Sabres. We are rested and should be able to win this if we simply play our usual game.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
One thing I was curious about in going to Edmonton was is McDavid really as good live as he seems on TV? Yes, yes he is, and then some. A remarkable athlete who preys on the fear he instils in opponents. Beyond him and Draisaitl though the team becomes a very mixed bag. There is some other talent - Hyman is good, Nugent-Hopkins is decent enough, Foegele has his moments, a healthy Kane obviously will help a lot once he returns. But depth and balance remain issues. They were smart getting Ekholm to boost their defense, but it still looks deficient.

A rested Bruins should take care of business on home ice. I have a feeling they might start a little slow though and will spot the Oilers a goal or two before fighting back and prevailing in the end. 20 to go in the run home, balancing the desire to maintain a winning culture, give players some rest, address some issues and gear up for playoffs hockey and just perhaps push for another record or two. Curious to see how Monty and the boys manage it all. Let's enjoy this last stretch before things get serious, as we won't see the like again anytime soon.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I understand there’s a big push for streaming these days, but I wish the NHL acted more like the NFL and made the game available in the home market on TV. I REALLY don’t want to pay for ESPN+. At least the NFL pretends to care about the fans.

If Bettman really wanted to “grow” the game, how about making the games MORE accessible?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I understand there’s a big push for streaming these days, but I wish the NHL acted more like the NFL and made the game available in the home market on TV. I REALLY don’t want to pay for ESPN+. At least the NFL pretends to care about the fans.

If Bettman really wanted to “grow” the game, how about making the games MORE accessible?

Last season when the Kraken played their first home game ever it was on ESPN+ You would think that the NHL would have wanted that game easily accessible in the new market but no.

NESN would have had a nice rating with this game because of McDavid but NHL suits want fans like @Gee Wally to sign up and I know how he will respond.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
One thing I was curious about in going to Edmonton was is McDavid really as good live as he seems on TV? Yes, yes he is, and then some.
I’ve seen McDavid play in person twice. And I wholeheartedly agree that TV and YouTube do not do him justice.

I saw him score a goal against the Bruins where he skated around all five Bruins like they were orange cones at practice. Simply amazing to watch. Besides Wayne Gretzky, he’s the best player I’ve ever seen in person.
Last season when the Kraken played their first home game ever it was on ESPN+ You would think that the NHL would have wanted that game easily accessible in the new market but no.

NESN would have had a nice rating with this game because of McDavid but NHL suits want fans like @Gee Wally to sign up and I know how he will respond.
Probably the same way I will.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany

As a european its also basically not possible to watch the games in a legal way ...

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I don't get ESPN+ either and refuse to pay any more than the over price I am paying already. Thankfully I will be at the game.

This wait between games is too long. I don't even think it is good for the Bs.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
I don't get ESPN+ either and refuse to pay any more than the over price I am paying already. Thankfully I will be at the game.

This wait between games is too long. I don't even think it is good for the Bs.
it results in the grinding stretch of back to backs to end the season and games every other night. Hoping that Monty and the room agree that records mean nothing and we need players fresh for the grind.

Call up Reilly (they have the space with Hall on LTIR) and start rotating in him and zboril in as well. Would like to see for each back to back Krejci and Bergy alternate days off as well.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Guess this will be a radio game for me. My daughter has Hulu, but for whatever reason, we can't get the game and we don't pay for ESPN+. I think you need some sports package. Oh well, it's only the one game.

I finally got an IPTV with no regrets. The system just pushes people into it frankly. I'm so not used to being able to watch every single game in 4K.

Now that said, I LOVE hockey on the radio. It's probably the old guy in me. If I had to, I'd happily just go back to that. It's actually great for the brain to have to visualize the game that way.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

I mean no offense to an older generation that may suck it up and sign up. I think most in the millennial or gen Z generation won't and would just go to other means to watch it. There may even be an older crowd that does, too.

People are already getting sick of the "cable-ization" of streaming, the NHL doesn't need to go and continue to separate its own content on separate platforms. I mean I get WHY, but it's not really a great long term plan, and awful for the consumer.

FREDERIC82FAN

Adherent of JOHNNY V fanclub
Oct 9, 2017
I finally got an IPTV with no regrets. The system just pushes people into it frankly. I'm so not used to being able to watch every single game in 4K.

Now that said, I LOVE hockey on the radio. It's probably the old guy in me. If I had to, I'd happily just go back to that. It's actually great for the brain to have to visualize the game that way.
I agree. Remember " the bruins will be playing from right to left across your radio this period" ?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Well. Well. Well! What a long 3 days! Much needed for the boys. Hope they are well rested and have healed a bit. Hoping they come ready to play! Play hard. Play smart. Maybe we can get that pp...going a bit. Smart passing. NO INJURIES please. Let's try our best not to let the human cheat code that is McDavid beat us. We got this! We know what to do. Go out and do it!

You know the drill!
View attachment 665186

Not sure what that is.

Reactions: hrdpuk and Ladyfan

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I agree. Remember " the bruins will be playing from right to left across your radio this period" ?

It's hard to explain to a younger person how exciting hockey is on the radio. A really good radio call is magical, isn't it? I'm not a huge baseball guy (anymore), but the really good baseball radio announcers were magic with how much they needed to fill in, time-wise. It really forces you to be the best compared to a tv call.

My goal celebrations are always bigger on radio than on TV. I still to this day can't fully explain why. Something about my brain is more engaged.

I guess where TV shines how the game is played. Radio is all feeling. TV you can really study the game (when it moves slow enough).

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I’ve seen McDavid play in person twice. And I wholeheartedly agree that TV and YouTube do not do him justice.

I saw him score a goal against the Bruins where he skated around all five Bruins like they were orange cones at practice. Simply amazing to watch. Besides Wayne Gretzky, he’s the best player I’ve ever seen in person.

Probably the same way I will.

McDavid reminds me more of Orr, who is the best I've seen in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad