GDT: Game #63 - 03.06.14 - vs Vancouver - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
game63.png

YOUR DALLAS STARS VS THE VANCOUVER CANUCKS
29-23-10, 68 PTS ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ 28-26-10, 66 PTS

Nightmares upon nightmares, scream the Vancouver Canucks

bruins_rich_peverley2_030213.jpg

Some come with lighting quick speed

1297481419379_ORIGINAL.jpg

Some come with excruciating anxiety

2013_1117_Vancouver_Dallas081.jpg

Some come with an huge sense of sadness

game4benn2.jpg

But the scariest nightmare of all…

x-tim-thomas-stanley-cup-20-june-2011.jpg

has just arrived.

[NHL]488485[/NHL][NHL]516502[/NHL]

HIGHLIGHTS VS VANCOUVER

newseguin5.jpg
clothingoptional.jpg
Bb6L69wIEAABeNX.jpg

ALL HAIL THE TOMAHAWK

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
What number will Ray Whitney wear? I'm excited to see how he fits in this lineup.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
What number will Ray Whitney wear? I'm excited to see how he fits in this lineup.

He has liked the number 14 but since the Captain is wearing that I think he might go with the number he had with the Canes and Coyotes; 13.

Don't know tho, usually affiliated with bad luck so not expecting too much.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Let's go STARS!!! :yo:

Hope they come out guns blazing and don't give the 'Nucks any leeway. Can't underrate them, as horrid as they've been lately.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Guys I don't want to alarm people but I was down at the practice rink today and I observed Tim Thomas talking on his cellphone. He seemed annoyed - he was frowning for most of the conversation. I talked with 2 other fans that were there and we all agree that he's going to demand the starting goaltender position and if he doesn't get it he will walk off of the team.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Guys I don't want to alarm people but I was down at the practice rink today and I observed Tim Thomas talking on his cellphone. He seemed annoyed - he was frowning for most of the conversation. I talked with 2 other fans that were there and we all agree that he's going to demand the starting goaltender position and if he doesn't get it he will walk off of the team.

That would literally be the end of him in the NHL, methinks.

I'd compromise by giving him a good chunk of the remaining games, Kari's been... pretty healthy this year I guess. He's only missed 12 games this year, which, isn't too bad. So I would say... Thomas gets 10 games, Kari gets 10 games, whoever wins gets to start in the playoffs.

Primetimey*

1) @DallasStars "I'm excited to be here and be part of another group of guys making a push to the playoffs"-Tim Thomas

2) The pre-game skate was at the AAC not the "practice rink".

3) Why would he be demanding anything over the phone when he can talk with GM/Coach in person.

Do you have any more evidence to support your claims?

*Edit -

4) He waived his NMC to come here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010

Because he was making a frowny face on a phone call less than 24 hours after being asked to relocate halfway across the country? Either this is a case of not being able to detect sarcasm on the internet, or you are really grasping at something that probably isn't there.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
This is a HUGE game, Stars need to come out ready to play a FULL 60 minutes if they want two points tonight!

GO STARS!!!!!!

Stars90

Sep 24, 2013
Toronto

My list of things Thomas is more likely to be frowning about than the #1 job:

- His hotel doesn't have HBO
- His realtor in Florida suggested he lower the price on his home
- He just realized he could have saved 15% or more by switching to Geico
- He just remembered he can't be his favourite Florida sea food in Dallas
- His assistant accidentally put Diesel in his car
- He was asked to go for dinner with Lindy and is nervous about his conversation skills
- The cute waitress he hit on at the bar at the airport is threatening to tell a tabloid
- He realized it really is going to be the last season of californication this year
- He finally accepted he's lactose intolerant

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Because he was making a frowny face on a phone call less than 24 hours after being asked to relocate halfway across the country? Either this is a case of not being able to detect sarcasm on the internet, or you are really grasping at something that probably isn't there.

maybe I'm being serious, maybe I'm not.

But I'll add on to Primetimey's list

5) I live in Fort McMurray Alberta :p:

Primetimey*

maybe I'm being serious, maybe I'm not.

But I'll add on to Primetimey's list

5) I live in Fort McMurray Alberta :p:

Was your post supposed to be a joke then? Because it wasn't funny lol

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
My list of things Thomas is more likely to be frowning about than the #1 job:

- His hotel doesn't have HBO
- His realtor in Florida suggested he lower the price on his home
- He just realized he could have saved 15% or more by switching to Geico
- He just remembered he can't be his favourite Florida sea food in Dallas
- His assistant accidentally put Diesel in his car
- He was asked to go for dinner with Lindy and is nervous about his conversation skills
- The cute waitress he hit on at the bar at the airport is threatening to tell a tabloid
- He realized it really is going to be the last season of californication this year
- He finally accepted he's lactose intolerant
- He also realized he could have had a V-8

Added that extra one to your list :laugh:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Sorry, but no. Kari is going to be our starter next year, and the year after that, etc. Thomas won't even be here after the next 19(+playoffs) games.

Not even if he plays really well? The Stars wouldn't try to re-sign him?

*Throws frozen puck @ the Stars anyway*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad