GDT: Game 62: Seattle (34-21-6) @ Columbus (20-35-6); 4:00PM PST

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
And with that, we are at the moment nine points up on Calgary and ten on Nashville (who has three games in hand).

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
It’ll be Chicago

Wouldn't doubt it. Still bitter they got to draft Kane during the one year when Philly was way worse.

As far as this game goes, got home later and had to catch up but was happy to see the boys figure a way around the muck and get a few past Elvis, CBJ was clogging it up and blocking shots like nobody's business.

We have our first 30 goal guy, and he isn't done yet!
Hope Bjorkstrand doesn't have a lingering issue though. Casts a bit of a pallor, we need him.

Reactions: wewantyoursoul

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Worth noting: We play Ottawa right after Colorado. That will be the last Eastern team we face the rest of the season.

As well, as of tonight, we have scored more goals so far this season (217) than we did all of last season (216).

Last edited:

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Again, it wasn't all that pretty but a win's a win and we add another two points.
giphy.gif

Overall should've put that one away way earlier but it seems like there's nothing easy anymore for the Kraken.

I hope that Bjorki won't miss much time cause we're already down one top six guy in Burakovsky.
Also, fantastic saves at the end by Grubi to keep the lead and win the game.
Hopefully he can get back to where he was before the Boston and Toronto games cause we'll need it if we want to make the playoffs.

Next up Colorado on Sunday, who're still missing quite a few important players but have started to climb the standings anyways.

Bjorkstrand better not be out for long

Yeah.
Not interested in Donato or Froden playing on the 2nd line(for longer stretches) again.

And with that, we are at the moment nine points up on Calgary and ten on Nashville (who has three games in hand).

I'm actually curious about Nashville.
They have sold a lot and most would think that they've thrown in the towel on the season but they still got Saros, Josi, Forsberg etc.

Reactions: Toomany7pins

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Worth noting: We play Ottawa right after Colorado. That will be the last Eastern team we face the rest of the season.

As well, as of tonight, we have scored more goals so far this season (217) than we did all of last season (216).

Without tempting fate, when can we realistically talk about magic numbers for the play offs? At current points pace and assuming Calgary and Nashville don't go on crazy runs/we don't fall apart. Around when could we likely clinch a playoff spot?

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
Without tempting fate, when can we realistically talk about magic numbers for the play offs? At current points pace and assuming Calgary and Nashville don't go on crazy runs/we don't fall apart. Around when could we likely clinch a playoff spot?
No time soon! Still a quarter of the season left. And to immediately semi-contradict myself, I'll be keeping my eye on iwhere EDM finishes. I want NO part of them in round 1

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Again, it wasn't all that pretty but a win's a win and we add another two points.
giphy.gif

Overall should've put that one away way earlier but it seems like there's nothing easy anymore for the Kraken.

I hope that Bjorki won't miss much time cause we're already down one top six guy in Burakovsky.
Also, fantastic saves at the end by Grubi to keep the lead and win the game.
Hopefully he can get back to where he was before the Boston and Toronto games cause we'll need it if we want to make the playoffs.

Next up Colorado on Sunday, who're still missing quite a few important players but have started to climb the standings anyways.

Yeah.
Not interested in Donato or Froden playing on the 2nd line(for longer stretches) again.

I'm actually curious about Nashville.
They have sold a lot and most would think that they've thrown in the towel on the season but they still got Saros, Josi, Forsberg etc.
They have played better off late and have been winning despite being sellers. They won today, have been 6-4-0 in their last 10 to the Flames 2-5-3. Now up a point against Calgary with 2 games in hand.

Not sure if they can sustain that level of play but it will be interesting to see where they are in the standings at 72 games or so.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
They have played better off late and have been winning despite being sellers. They won today, have been 6-4-0 in their last 10 to the Flames 2-5-3. Now up a point against Calgary with 2 games in hand.

Not sure if they can sustain that level of play but it will be interesting to see where they are in the standings at 72 games or so.

Yeah, it's going to be an interesting race till the end of the season.
We're also going to play a back-to-back, both games in Nashville, in late March.
Just gotta hope the Kraken are able to capitalize on their somewhat easier(on paper) schedule.

BTW: How about a Pacific Division/Western Conference playoff race thread?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad