Post-Game Talk: GAME 62 - Our #88 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than their #88 - BRUINS 4 NYR 2

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

The Bruins’ newcomers continue to make general manager Don Sweeney look like one of the more intelligent business people Harvard University has ever produced.
Tyler Bertuzzi and Dmitry Orlov made critical plays in a 4-2 win over the Rangers on Saturday afternoon, the Bruins’ 10th straight, and Garnet Hathaway was his usual penalty-drawing self.
Bertuzzi, showing his hands and vision, set up Charlie Coyle for the opening strike, and Orlov’s knockdown and kick-start of transition led to a Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron goal that put it out of reach at 3-1.
Tomas Nosek scored a pretty shorthanded goal, and David Pastrnak smacked home his 44th of the season late in the third, moments after coach Jim Montgomery sent Bertuzzi over the boards with him and David Krejci.

The Bruins, now a remarkable 49-8-5, also got a tidy 24-save effort from Linus Ullmark, who made several big stops in the first two periods until the shorthanded Rangers (dressing 16 skaters because of injuries and salary-cap reasons) ran out of gas.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Great win top to bottom. Ullboy agin very sharp. NYR is a great team... and we got the best.!

Me like the new ones. Orlov is the one I just liked the most, brings really more ... harsh, physical presence and defence stability. Me think Carlo needs to be in the line up every game.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I don't know what my favorite part of the picture is

Shesterkin's view
Or the newest Bruins fan in the Rangers jersey taking a picture

Screenshot_20230304_150052_Chrome.jpg

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Beersy on 98.5 interviewed Linus right after. Asked him how the B's were able to come out and take over the third. "Confidence!" says Linus, enthusiastically. Said he knew the first 40 hadn't been great, but that the team knows they have the talent to take over the game in the third and they've been doing it all year. Then he was asked how he thinks Bert did in his first game as a Bruin and Linus says, "Pretty good, him and Marshy didn't fight, so that was good." Beersy responds, "Not yet, anyway." and Linus says, "Oh they won't fight now, they're getting along great."

In the presser, Monty was asked about if he thought it was time to tinker with PP1. He said they were going to be putting that into the "Think Tank Blender" ?? to try and solve the issues. He admits we need a better PP. Also was asked if he was going to rest guys the last 20 games and he said they would.

aguineapig

Tears on Broadway. Our newbies Dimitry, Garnet and Bert are better than their newbies. Our Linus is better than their Igor. Rags fans saying the Nosek shorty shouldn't have counted, there was a Butt-End by Nosek on the play.
Anybody remember the 67 Sox LP The Impossible Dream, Ken Coleman "Look at em go, ten in a row".? Dream On, Dream until your Dreams come true.

"Look at 'em Go. Ten in a row," shouted broadcaster Ken Coleman after watching the Boston Red Sox sweep a doubleheader in Cleveland.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Time to rest and HEAL. Its been a long week. The boys deserve this rest. And for the new guys to acclimate. Orlov is elite. Hathaway was unleashed a bit today which I loved. And Bert with a nasty assist. He's got great vision. Instant chemistry with Coyle. Linus was Linus. Kreech keeps trucking a long. Bergy is Bergy. No regression. He's just that good.

Enjoy the days off boys. You deserve it!

And as always....

You ALREADY know!
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad