GDT: Game 62: Avalanche @ Canucks| February 21st, 8PM MT/10AM Thailand|

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The game was over when Varlamov took that penalty with less than a minute remaining in the 2nd period and they scored on the powerplay.

Who knows if we come back and tie the game up, but the way we were going offensively, you had to know that goal deflated the team heading into the intermission. Instead of coming out like gang-busters for the 3rd they kind of came out like "Well, Miller isn't letting anything in and Varly isn't on his game, on to the next one".

These losses happen. Just have to stay ahead of one of Nashville or Minnesota somehow, some way. Them having so many games in hand sucks but it is what it is, just win your games and handle your own business.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The game was over when Varlamov took that penalty with less than a minute remaining in the 2nd period and they scored on the powerplay.

Who knows if we come back and tie the game up, but the way we were going offensively, you had to know that goal deflated the team heading into the intermission. Instead of coming out like gang-busters for the 3rd they kind of came out like "Well, Miller isn't letting anything in and Varly isn't on his game, on to the next one".

These losses happen. Just have to stay ahead of one of Nashville or Minnesota somehow, some way. Them having so many games in hand sucks but it is what it is, just win your games and handle your own business.

They were done after the second goal

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I got to agree with Rycroft's brother. Sometimes you can tell when a team just doesn't have it on a night and that was the case early for the Avs tonight. They just didn't look sharp, and you could tell it was gonna be tough to come back in this one. They didn't play bad in the way that we've seen this team play bad before, they just weren't sharp.

In the D zone they just weren't picking up the open man, especially in the slot, and gave the Sedin's way too much open ice to work with. EJ and Beauch both had tough nights, and weren't reading off each other well either.

In the O zone Miller played well, but the Avs missed a lot of open net on their chances. Lots of shots along the ice, and low percentage passes.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Did someone say Skille took a hit? Tanguay took his shifts for the second half of the third. Or was this just the Mack/Landy doghouse?

Sportsnet said he took a puck to the leg/ankle/foot and went to the dressing room with a few minutes left.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Did someone say Skille took a hit? Tanguay took his shifts for the second half of the third. Or was this just the Mack/Landy doghouse?

Sportsnet said he took a puck to the leg/ankle/foot and went to the dressing room with a few minutes left.

Yea I think Haynes or McNab mentioned that as well.

He did take a pretty hard reverse check in the corner though that snapped his head back and put him on his butt in the middle of the game. Looked a bit worrisome when I first saw it. Finished his shift, and was on the ice later though.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
We just got Avalanched. Usually we are the team that gets absolutely worked but somehow comes out with a win.

We were the better hockey team for at least the first 40 minutes. But we ran into a white hot goalie who was standing on his head. On a normal night we probably have 3 goals after 2 periods with the chances we were creating.

It kinda sucks being on the other end of the equation, like I want to bash us for losing to team that we need to beat, but in all honesty we didn't play all that bad. We just couldn't score or catch a bounce to save our life. We outshot them by a good margin, we were winning puck battles, creating lots of chances, I'm assuming our CORSI was better than theres, we weren't constantly pinned in our own end.

This is the kind of loss I can at least tolerate because they showed up, tonight was just not our night. Sometimes you can do what you're supposed to do, but not get the desired result. I guarantee if we play more games like this one, we'll win more than we lose.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
OK, I am officially backing out of my remaining GDT commitments for this year. I am 0 for 5 so far. And it is just one more game I am scheduled to do. I am a jinx

Mules

Jan 28, 2004
They don't look like playoff team definitely. I watched the games vs Oilers and I thought we were on the same level :(

I guess Picks should have start Vancouver game too, he should start all Western Canada trip.

And Miller was playing for his job.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I really didn't think they were bad tonight. Sometimes you run into a hot goalie.

Re-watched the highlights this morning. I totally agree. Miller was a brickwall and there was a little too much puck watching on defense. Those two or three go in during the first period and we win this game easily. The Nucks were great when they had their chances. They straight up Avalanched us.

Need a win against SJ on Wednesday to have some momentum going into the outdoor game.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
The Sedins and Vrbata killing the Avs, that's never happened before. I thought they played well but for some reason Miller thougt it's 2010 instead of 2016.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
OK, I am officially backing out of my remaining GDT commitments for this year. I am 0 for 5 so far. And it is just one more game I am scheduled to do. I am a jinx

I vote that you do the remaining games so we can get that top 10 pick to entice Tampa

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Anyone else think we need to go back to the Landy-MacK-Duchy line yet?

Nope, don't think this team can effectively run with both Iggy and Tangs on the same line. Grigorenko does not deserve to play with scrubs either.

If you're going to do that, and leave Mikko down then you run something like.

Greg - MacK - Landy
Comeau - Soda - Duchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad