GDT: Game 62 3/2 NOON PT; Sharks @ Devils

Teamplaya

Aug 9, 2013
Pasadena, CA
Loved seeing everyone score out there, Torres, Logan, Nieto and such. Glad to hear/see Stalock locking down the 3rd period, 12/14 saves in 2 periods was worrying. This win also ties the boys for third, so woo!

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
Stalock looked pretty good, he's playing better than Nemo right now and i expect he'll get more starts down the stretch unless Nemo elevates his game. I really like watching him play.

Good overall effort, nice PK, nice win. I'll take 2 of 3 on a road trip any day.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Darn, I come home and turn the tube on in preparation for a 4PM game and see the Sharks hugging it out at the end of the game.

Havlat isn't playing as bad as I thought he would in this 3 games. Let's hope he can still improve at home.

A point a week is all I am asking of Havlat, but he delivered zero points this past week, and none this week so far. I about to climb Mount Nitaka and shoot out Havlat sucks.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Stalock saved us. We played horribly.

No they didn't. How did they play terrible? They competed and played hard and scored 4 goals against a team that doesn't give up any. Mistakes are going to be made in every single game.

I wouldn't be so general as to say they played horribly. That's a bit of hyperbole.

However, I would say it was a mediocre and very 'loose' defensive performance to but it nicely. Way too many grade A chances on Stalock and fire drill scrambling in the Dzone particularly around the net.

It wasn't a good defensive performance by any means, but obviously it was enough for today. Still, it's obvious where the opportunity to significantly upgrade this team is...

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
So let's see. Kennedy sucks and I thought he should share half the blame on the first goal and the great push for nj before the nieto goal was Kennedy's failure to get it out from the blue line although I don't know how sharp the pass was from Irwin. Anyways if Todd doesn't start stalock and keep at least one of brown or Burish still on the bench he is crazy. We need to keep riding stalock and see what he has. I'm tired of all the Niemi is the starter he's the backup. Well like I've have said for many weeks now stalock gives us the better chance and at the very least he deserves the next start if they plan on making a true push for the division. We don't have much Time and we can't afford to squander more opportunities because Niemi is the starter and he needs to start that's ridiculous. I have no doubt in my mind if Niemi was the starter today and saw the exact same shots we would have lost today.

Rickety Cricket

Mar 8, 2006
Not Kent Huskins
One issue I noticed with Stalock early in the year was his recoveries after saves. He seemed to be too scrambly and susceptible to pucks bouncing off of his feet. His last couple of games he looks better in that regard.

RitzyLunatic

Aug 23, 2013
Porto, Portugal
Darn, I come home and turn the tube on in preparation for a 4PM game and see the Sharks hugging it out at the end of the game.

A point a week is all I am asking of Havlat, but he delivered zero points this past week, and none this week so far. I about to climb Mount Nitaka and shoot out Havlat sucks.

He might not have a point, but at least he looks like he wants to play the game. That's what I saw from him this week and not in the previous ones.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
He was a little overgenerous on crediting Wingels for the two goals Couture and Marleau scored. lol
Wingles actually made quite a few noticeable mistakes out there. More than Havlat. Though, he did work hard on that Marleau goal.

Yeah it's ridiculous. Still, I'm ready for him to not be a member of this team anymore.
What could have been. Too bad his groin decided to die on him...

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Havlat isn't playing as bad as I thought he would in this 3 games. Let's hope he can still improve at home.

Havlat was good in the PHI and BUF games, he was horrible today.

One issue I noticed with Stalock early in the year was his recoveries after saves. He seemed to be too scrambly and susceptible to pucks bouncing off of his feet. His last couple of games he looks better in that regard.

I noticed issues with Stalock's recoveries in the first period of the Philly game too. He settled down nicely in the 2nd and 3rd though and was very good today.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA

He needs to stop the occasional shot thats going wide. They keep bouncing off the end boards and going back in front of the net

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Honestly, both of nj's goals don't happen if Braun and Hannan find their guys and tie their sticks up.

Stalock had a stout outing.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Wingels' forechecking figured prominently in 3 of the Sharks goals tonight. He was giving the Devils fits.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Vlasic also was in the box during one of those pk's.

I thought the same thing but so did Braun. I think getting stuck out there for long stretches for Braun is what helped his ice time not necessarily a good thing. Braun did not have a great night

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I win. Good try though, SharksFan1 (with only 1 correct goalscorer) and all the 3-2 folks.

SNOG2012-01-07.jpg

[First-half SNOG results: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=77315179&postcount=75]

Game|SNOG winner|Result
Jan. 4 at COL| none | Avalanche 4-3
Jan. 5 at CHI| FeedingFrenzy, HOOCH2173 | Sharks 3-2
Jan. 7 at NAS| noexult | Predators 3-2
Jan. 9 vs DET| AKM83 | Sharks 4-1
Jan. 11 vs BOS| none | Bruins 1-0
Jan. 14 at WAS| rangerssharks414 | Sharks 2-1
Jan. 16 at FLO| 209, Broomout | Sharks 3-0
Jan. 18 at TB| none | Sharks 5-4
Jan. 20 vs CAL| fasterthanlight | Sharks 3-2
Jan. 23 vs WIN| none | Sharks 1-0
Jan. 25 vs MIN| DrFeelgood, Negatively Positive, SignThornton, VP and GM | Sharks 3-2
Jan. 27 vs LA| none | Kings 1-0
Jan. 29 at EDM| none | Oilers 3-0
Jan. 30 at CAL| none | Flames 4-1
Feb. 1 vs CHI| HOOCH2173 | Sharks 2-1
Feb. 3 vs PHI| none | Flyers 5-2
Feb. 5 vs DAL| AKM83, DrFeelgood, JayP812 | Sharks 2-1
Feb. 7 vs CBJ| Broomout | Sharks 3-2
Feb. 27 at PHI| none | Sharks 7-3
Feb. 28 at BUF| none | Sabres 4-2
Mar. 2 at NJ| drunksage | Sharks 4-2

2013-14 Standings
--------------------
T-1) Broomout, DrFeelgood (3)
T-3) AKM83, BeeRad, drunksage, DuckEatinShark, FeedingFrenzy, HOOCH2173, Pavelski2112, rangerssharks414, SpinTheBlackCircle, VP and GM (2)
T-13) 209, AnderFunk, AstroDan, Barrie22, Brownie21, CanadienShark, DrSanchez, Episkey, fasterthanlight, Hertl My Pickles, jakeytown, JayP812, Negatively Positive, noexult, SFtoBoston, SharksFan1, SignThornton, SJSharksfan39, Slipstar, TheDanceOfMaternity, TheJuxtaposer, Winky (1)

I was a little bummed when Marleau scored the fourth goal. It was 3-2 and Henrique had scored for New Jersey. I was thinking I was 4 minutes away from finally winning another game. Oh well.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Havlat was good in the PHI and BUF games, he was horrible today.

In my book, getting no points in those two games for a seasoned veteran making $5million year is not good... far from it. I would consider it good if he was making near the league minimum and a young player in the NHL though.

A point a week is all I am asking of Havlat, and that is a compromise for a $5m vet.

Stalock had a stout outing.

He did indeed, and did not get Clowed himself (Did Clowe play?). I still don't have the bro-crush on Stalock that some do. I don't believe he is ready to be a NHL starting goalie as he needs more refinement that comes with more experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad