Jan 23rd - Blue Jackets 1 @ Oilers 4
March 7th - Oilers @ Blue Jackets

Oilers Lines:
TBA

Nurse-Desharnais
Ekholm-Bouchard
Kulak-Ceci

Skinner?

Oilers Stats - Edmonton Oilers 2023-24 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

Blue Jackets Lines:
Gaudreau-Jenner-Roslovic
Chinakhov-Voronkov-Marchenko
Texier-Sillinger-Nylander
Danforth-Kuraly-Olivier

Werenski-Boqvist
Provorov-Severson
Bean-Gudbranson

Merzlikins or Tarasov

Blue Jackets Stats - Columbus Blue Jackets 2023-24 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

OOT Scoreboard:
Games of interest - BUF@NAS / VAN@VGK / OTT@LAK

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Keep the streak alive @CROTT !

My guess on the lines based on what Stauffer was saying tonight

Drai McDavid Hyman
Kane RNH McLoed
Foegele Henrique Perry
Janmark Carrick Ryan

Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse VD
Kulak Ceci

Skinner is my guess in goal.

Holloway farmed out so he can play 20 minutes a night on the top line vs 8 minutes a night on the bottom line, Brown as the extra.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto

Drai McDavid Hyman
Kane RNH McLoed
Foegele Henrique Perry
Janmark Carrick Ryan

Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse VD
Kulak Ceci

Holloway farmed out so he can play 20 minutes a night on the top line vs 8 minutes a night on the bottom line, Brown as the extra.
Liking these lines for a start. You could also swap Henrique and McLeod if needed I guess.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Curious to see what the lines could end up looking like with McDrai split up. Should actually have enough forwards now to not have to force Drai to drag someone around.

Reactions: Duke74

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Liking these lines for a start. You could also swap Henrique and McLeod if needed I guess.

I think they're better off swapping Kane and Foegele.

McLeod and Foegele work best together, and I like Kane and Perry as a combo. Plus you can then occasionally swap up Henrique and McDavid, if you want to have Connor with a little more size/shift disturbers for a few shifts.

But yeah, I'm digging the vibes of the forward core.

I'm also curious to see if Vinny can keep his head above water once again in the top 4. He's not as talented as Ceci, but at least he understands his role on the pairing to stay back and don't do something stupidly aggressive.

On that note, let's see if Ceci can actually settle the f**k down on the 3rd pairing. Kulak's safer than Nurse, but Cody almost seemed to take advantage of that last time by constantly cheating up the ice. If these two could actually play up to the level of a "meh" 2nd pairing, that'd take a lot of the weight off Nurse to carry Vinny in a top 4 role.

Last edited:

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021

Drai McDavid Hyman
Kane RNH McLoed
Foegele Henrique Perry
Janmark Carrick Ryan

Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse VD
Kulak Ceci

I really hope 97 and 29 are spilt up

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Just seen this one on FB. Had a good laugh

It's annoying as there's such an easy fix.

If you're not healthy enough to come off of LTIR for a single game between the TDL and the end of the season, then you're not eligable for the 1st round, if not the entire playoffs.

They don't even need to play, the guy can be on IR or a healthy scratch, just their salary can't been hidden or offset (whatever the correct term is) by LTIR.

OilynutEsquire

Sep 24, 2021
My guess for the lines

Drai-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-Nuge-Janmark
McLeod-Henrique-Foegel
Holloway-Carrick-Perry

Excited to see how the new guys look tonight

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005

If you're not healthy enough to come off of LTIR for a single game between the TDL and the end of the season, then you're not eligable for the 1st round, if not the entire playoffs.

They don't even need to play, the guy can be on IR or a healthy scratch, just their salary can't been hidden or offset (whatever the correct term is) by LTIR.
This would fix it because they would have to be cap compliant.

Reactions: ConnorNova0929

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Hopefully they play better than last time they played Columbus.
That was perhaps the worst 2 periods of hockey I ever saw this team play followed by one of the best.

This would fix it because they would have to be cap compliant.
At least for the first round.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

Agree 100%
It’s a flawed system to say the least and they take advantage off it every year.
Another thing that has to be fixed is an even salary situation. We are already down 2 goals before a UFA decides he will pick Florida, TB, Vegas, Dallas due to weather. Then u factor in no state tax compared to our provinces. They can offer a lower offer to the player because he will make more there with this offer over a higher one. Case in point, Stamkos
Now where would you rather win a cup? Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal or TB, Florida, Vegas, Dallas? You would have over 1,000,000 people in your parade in Canada and never have to buy a drink again . In those American cities, would they know you won?

My guess for the lines

Drai-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-Nuge-Janmark
McLeod-Henrique-Foegel
Holloway-Carrick-Perry

Excited to see how the new guys look tonight
Will they be in lineup tonight?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Agree 100%
It’s a flawed system to say the least and they take advantage off it every year.
Another thing that has to be fixed is an even salary situation. We are already down 2 goals before a UFA decides he will pick Florida, TB, Vegas, Dallas due to weather. Then u factor in no state tax compared to our provinces. They can offer a lower offer to the player because he will make more there with this offer over a higher one. Case in point, Stamkos
Now where would you rather win a cup? Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal or TB, Florida, Vegas, Dallas? You would have over 1,000,000 people in your parade in Canada and never have to buy a drink again . In those American cities, would they know you won?

Will they be in lineup tonight?
I thought there was a tweet that they were going to CBJ yesterday and would be at morning skate with intention of playing tonight.

I think I play Brown one last game tonight. See if the pressure of adding two new bodies puts any pressure on him.

He doesn't have a good game then he is riding the pine until someone has a bad game.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
You'd think we gotta start playing Pickard more.

Either:
CBJ: Skinner
BUF: Pickard
PIT: Skinner
WSH: Pickard
COL: Skinner

or even better:
CBJ: Pickard
BUF: Pickard
PIT: Skinner
WSH: Pickard
COL: Skinner