GDT: Game 61: New Jersey Devils Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | The GDT the almost wasn't... then was

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Sup guys. Devils fan dropping by. You owed us one. Andrew Hammond last year of all possible goalies landed a gut punch to your playoff hopes. Tip of my cap to Hill and good luck going forward! Any playoff team in the west can come out of the west IMO.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Sup guys. Devils fan dropping by. You owed us one. Andrew Hammond last year of all possible goalies landed a gut punch to your playoff hopes. Tip of my cap to Hill and good luck going forward! Any playoff team in the west can come out of the west IMO.

You guys are a great team. I can also see why you guys have 9 overtime wins. Your players are like speedy gonzales. lol.

Hill stole this game.

Your probably right about any playoff team in the west can come out of the west, but i think there is really only one team that has a chance at winning the cup against the east (Colorado). That is unless the east gets so banged up that by the time the cup finals come, they are tired as shit.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Hill was phenomenal, but it's a stretch to say he stole it. We were dominated in the first, we dominated the second and the third was kind of even. OT -well, Hill stole that.

In any case one of the most exciting games of the year. I don't think Meier would have made a difference, although he'll help them against more physical teams.

For us, we need much more secondary scoring.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I wish more people were talking about that performance from Hill.
They are - even my brother in St. Louis texted me about it.

I wish more people were talking about that performance from Hill.
Remember before the season everyone thought we were a contender except for the goaltending. Goaltending has been a strength not a weakness - our weakness is secondary scoring

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
They are - even my brother in St. Louis texted me about it.

Remember before the season everyone thought we were a contender except for the goaltending. Goaltending has been a strength not a weakness - our weakness is secondary scoring

Goaltending is still a huge question mark. None of Thompson/Brossoit/Hill have started a playoff game. They've been good enough behind a top 5 defense. That's about it at this point. Hill in particular before last night was well below average by advanced goalie metrics. Just that game improved his stats by a ton. Obviously the bigger question marks are health and scoring from the top 6.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Goaltending is still a huge question mark. None of Thompson/Brossoit/Hill have started a playoff game. They've been good enough behind a top 5 defense. That's about it at this point. Hill in particular before last night was well below average by advanced goalie metrics. Just that game improved his stats by a ton. Obviously the bigger question marks are health and scoring from the top 6.

Obviously goalies are untested and our defense (minus Hague) has been good. But stats don't always tell the story. Hill has given up a lot of goals with silly puckhandling mistakes makes him seem worse than he actually is. And Thompson had a run of games where he gave upa lot of bad goals, he was rounding back to form when he was injured.

We lack depth and people who can go to the net, so injury to Roy and now Carrier hurt a lot. And of course Stone but we can't count on him. It'd sure help if Karlsson and Stephenson could start scoring again.

Reactions: hangman005

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3