Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
1677639779881.png

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

f*** this team. It’s honestly unforgivable if they do this again

I mean... What do you want them to realistically do? I'm not getting upset.... Yet.

The players aren't just going to stop trying. They don't give a shit about the draft when they are playing for their jobs. Coaches aren't going to coach to win.

Reactions: MAHJ71 and Fro

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I like the game. Except the 3th period, of course. :cool:

Jenner's line was awful. If not goal (what is the most important, of course) Boone too.

On the other side I like Kuraly's line line. I know it doesn't seem like it, but Olivier is a very important player in this lineup. He wins fights, which is how he gets pucks. Every time I see him, I wonder how he can be so underrated.

Roslovic's line played simple, but tried to take advantage of the pass, excellent forechecking, which surprised me, play at the board. But I think Roslo and Cole should be exchanged their spots. What do you think?

Elvis :thumbu:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I mean... What do you want them to realistically do? I'm not getting upset.... Yet.

The players aren't just going to stop trying. They don't give a shit about the draft when they are playing for their jobs. Coaches aren't going to coach to win.
I know they can’t intentionally lose. But god damn, of course they do this.

Reactions: CBJx614

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
They just traded an expendable player who isn't apart of their future... What do you think Columbus has been trying to do for the last 2 weeks?!
They did way more than that. Traded away Dach, DeBrincat, Kane, Lafferty, McCabe. They took that thing down to the studs, for better or worse (for them I think it will come back to bite them a bit, unless they get Bedard)

Recent winners of five straight?
Isn’t it insane that Chicago is trash yet can win 5 in a row, and Columbus can’t even win 3 straight? Like how

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
They did way more than that. Traded away Dach, DeBrincat, Kane, Lafferty, McCabe. They took that thing down to the studs, for better or worse (for them I think it will come back to bite them a bit, unless they get Bedard)

Isn’t it insane that Chicago is trash yet can win 5 in a row, and Columbus can’t even win 3 straight? Like how
But we don’t want them to.

You see how the tank gets confusing.

Reactions: NotCommitted

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

So have we over the last 3 seasons. We literally traded everyone worthwhile for picks and young players. We already tore down to the studs and are currently putting up the sheet wall to properly rebuild. You don't rebuild/retool without growing pains, no team has moved from one core to the next without some troubles unless you get some serious luck, which we all know Columbus doesn't exactly have.

Reactions: VT

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
But we don’t want them to.

You see how the tank gets confusing.
We aren’t tanking. I am hoping for the tank, but CBJ has not tried to. They have gotten very “lucky” with injuries.

If they were tanking, Jenner, Gavrikov, Roslovic, Nyquist all would have been gone.

So have we over the last 3 seasons. We literally traded everyone worthwhile for picks and young players. We already tore down to the studs and are currently putting up the sheet wall to properly rebuild.
A tanking team does not sign Johnny Hockey. End of discussion.

Reactions: MAHJ71, VT and Fro

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Gaudreau has 6 points in last 10 games and most of those games are positive results for Columbus

He’s been pretty terrible last 15 or so games, let’s be brutally honest here

Reactions: VT

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Gaudreau has 6 points in last 10 games and most of those games are positive results for Columbus

I think not just 15 games. Conversely, once Laine has been moved away from him, he's played better (in the games I've seen, for example with the Wilds neither). But I like Marchenko there. Really. :thumbu:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
We aren’t tanking. I am hoping for the tank, but CBJ has not tried to. They have gotten very “lucky” with injuries.

If they were tanking, Jenner, Gavrikov, Roslovic, Nyquist all would have been gone.

A tanking team does not sign Johnny Hockey. End of discussion.
Can you imagine the blowback from the fanbase if we had an opportunity to sign one of the best FAs in recent memory and we told him "no, were tanking this year"

I don't want a FO that endorses tanking. Theyve "tanked" the right way. Traded everyone worthwhile while that had value (outside of Panarin) but only when they were certain they didn't want to be a part of the org long term and are attempting to rebuild with the foundation already in place that's wants to be here. They've stopped that bleeding already, why would we go back and reopen that wound?

You tank and tear down this foundation to the bare ground (shipping away players that want to be here)and you can kiss all that progress this team made in this town with fans out the window.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014

6 points in 10 GP would still be top 3 in scoring on the team over a full season.
Can you imagine the blowback from the fanbase if we had an opportunity to sign one of the best FAs in recent memory and we told him "no, were tanking this year"
No, because I don’t think we would have ever known.

What were they doing this year (before injuries), going for it??
I don't want a FO that endorses tanking. Theyve "tanked" the right way. Traded everyone worthwhile while that had value (outside of Panarin) but only when they were certain they didn't want to be a part of the org long term and are attempting to rebuild with the foundation already in place that's wants to be here. They've stopped that bleeding already, why would we go and
Every team does that.
You tank and tear down this foundation to the bare ground (shipping away players that want to be here)and you can kiss all that progress this team made in this town with fans out the window.
“Progress”

It’s okay now though bc we have the injury excuse?

Last edited:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
To Roslovic. We know won't play in PO from December. So words he can play only if there isn't only pleasure we can say about the whole team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad