GDT: Game 61: Anaheim Angels @ Arizona Diamondbacks - 6PM - FSAZ+

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Nice game, but Cousins looked pretty rough out there (especially on the PP); perhaps Dauphin will get a game while Cousins sit (oh, wait, Cousins is too sticky to healthy scratch).

Most of Cousins' impact on offense has been opportunistic goals with his pretty good shot after he snuck into the slot or circles area. Him on the half wall in the distributing position with the puck on the strong side made no sense.

I did like that they tried Perlini on the point for quick shots off the face off. Didn't get an opportunity for one but the idea was sound.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Good game, coyotes looked good. We outplayed the Ducks more then the score indicates. If PP was better, could have been 3-zip. Last game, goal tending and the PP hurt us. I wonder if the Ducks took us lightly after Calgary crushes us and our current record?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I wonder if the Ducks took us lightly after Calgary crushes us and our current record?

I wouldn't think so just at a glance just because the Ducks are in an insanely tight race and are barely hanging on to the 2nd wildcard as it is. If they took the Coyotes lightly they should have a bag skate.
Otherwise I think the tightly called game threw them off. Coyotes are one of the more disciplined teams in the league and the Ducks are not which tilted the ice even though the Yotes couldn't score. The Ducks are actually the least disciplined team. If we had more let it go style reffing the game is probably different.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Wondeer if we can be spoilers. Who should we knock out? I vote Calgary, if we get another shot at them.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I thought that this was a good game for the Coyotes, given all those games lost due to late goals earlier in the year. The team needs a center. The Coyotes also need to be able to make a tape to tape pass.

Speaking of passes, the ice was piss poor tonight and both teams were having trouble with it.

They had the AIA girls basketball tournament on it the day before.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Wondeer if we can be spoilers. Who should we knock out? I vote Calgary, if we get another shot at them.

You fool! We want CGY to make it to the playoffs this year so that the 2019 3rd that we acquired turns into a 2019 2nd!!!! What would be funny, though, is if Smitty were to remain on IR for a bit, but they still make the playoffs.

Now, let's hope they do well this season and then blow chunks next season finishing in the bottom 5.

Reactions: _Del_

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
You fool! We want CGY to make it to the playoffs this year so that the 2019 3rd that we acquired turns into a 2019 2nd!!!! What would be funny, though, is if Smitty were to remain on IR for a bit, but they still make the playoffs.

Now, let's hope they do well this season and then blow chunks next season finishing in the bottom 5.

No, let him come back before he's fully ready, make the playoffs, and then completely tear his groin in the game in which they clinch.

Reactions: Yandover

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
That was a strange goal, but hell we'll take it, especially against Miller the Coyote Killer.

Hah, since I was in the stands I didn't even notice it was Miller.

Dude still put up a .973 sv% :biglaugh:
That guy....

Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh on the PP for this game :biglaugh:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I wouldn't think so just at a glance just because the Ducks are in an insanely tight race and are barely hanging on to the 2nd wildcard as it is. If they took the Coyotes lightly they should have a bag skate.
Otherwise I think the tightly called game threw them off. Coyotes are one of the more disciplined teams in the league and the Ducks are not which tilted the ice even though the Yotes couldn't score. The Ducks are actually the least disciplined team. If we had more let it go style reffing the game is probably different.
Good points, and it did seem like our speed was causing the Ducks to be behind the play and taking penalties. Could be the sign of an aging roster in a game that is getting faster every year.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Good points, and it did seem like our speed was causing the Ducks to be behind the play and taking penalties. Could be the sign of an aging roster in a game that is getting faster every year.
Speaking of speed, we lost two very fast players. It will be interesting to see how things shake out after TTD.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Funny man.:laugh: Your buddy the "Duke".

Not really..... There are two kinds of speed.... one involves skating up the ice to where you need to go and the other involves going around in circles getting nowhere real fast. Guess which one the Duke fell into??? ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad