BRUINS GDT GAME 61 7:45 PM - THE BEAR intends to tame the Wild - TNT, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I don't think I've ever seen them not use the board to draw up a play during the time out. odd

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
You know, management, players and fans complaining about officiating has been something of a favorite past time for NHL hockey fans. I believe Bettman carries a letter in his blazer breast pocket bitching to the commisioner about bad refs.

I believe the letter dates from the 1930s.

My eldest brother Greg, who died of brain cancer last April, was an inveterate Detroit Red Wings fan and something of a conspiracy theorists. He loved to bitch about NHL officiating, and how the Wings were routinely screwed by same. (Sound familiar? It should. In 31 markets, not least our little hamlet.)

I used to roll my eyes and say, "Greg, hockey is an extremely fast, chaotic sports. Yes, refs mistakes. Egregious ones. But they are human beings, vulnerable to mistakes, incompetence, and yes, bias.

"Generally, bad calls, good calls and makeup calls roughly even out. And good teams play through it."

I still feel that way, but boy oh boy, it sure seems like NHL officiating has greatly deteriorated over the past 20 years, and is worse now than at any time I can remember. To me, that speaks directly & ultimately, to stupid, entitled owners and the shithead they hired to do their bidding.

Which, of course, is the very definition of a modern sports league "commissioner."

Absurdly, suspiciously incompetent officiating; Over expansion into "non-traditional" hockey markets for a quick buck (See: Coyotes, Arizona; utter laughing stock, aka Bettman's Folly); Total Joke Dept.: "Office of Player Safety," complete denial of CTE to fend off law suits & large payouts to brain damaged former players; Kyle Beach, Brad Aldrich, Stan Bowman, Joel Quennville, possibly certain Blackhawks roster players in their successful 2013 Cup run (beating the Bruins in six) perhaps most disgracefully, Blackhawks owner Rocky Wirtz, the toast of the town after three triumphant Cup championships, now rightfully exposed, and despised, as the ridiculously aggrieved, morally reprehensible millionaire Karen that he is.

What did another poster say?

"Love the game. Hate the league."

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Whelp this was needed so Donny doesn’t get too comfortable at the deadline. They need defense more than anything

Reactions: GloveSave1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad