Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

I cheer for the Oilers today
Time to participate
I guess it was their effort, made me decide.

Now I'm not about to say Tank & brush this season aside.

Don't take a year's reprieve, to gain younger ground
Now we must take, opportunity now
Ken please engage, unite with good coach here
We need to max out, what our Team needs to give

Some fans still look away
Result of a Team not working every game

Our slump mid Season- undesired

McDrai still our treat, whose play makes up proud
Need to support them, next 3 games in this town.
Defense to engage, to make opponents fear
Driving our net ......and not expect to live......

We'll see things
We'll see things
We'll see things
We'll see things
Clearer
Clearer
Once Regular season, is in our rearview mirror

We gather speed from opponents f***ing with us
Once and for all, let's pull away
I truly believe, finally the stakes are raised, hey

We'll see things, so much clearer
Once Regular Season’s in the
Rearviewmirror

Once Regular Season‘s in the
Rearviewmirror

Once Regular Season’s in the
Rearviewmirror

Once Regular Season‘s in the
Rearviewmirror

See things, so much clearer
Once you, oh yeah

AF6A3E39-3A00-41D1-AEF7-6AD37F4842A8.png

76FD27ED-D740-49B1-85D0-4549C1E863BE.png

50A02ABF-55D8-48C8-831F-BF0D11767B73.png

979A3C28-6627-40E0-833C-102326E5461A.png

0D857A6D-20E5-427F-A50C-FEF0F3781E80.png

77F083AA-2D6E-40AA-8C63-F330913264DD.png

And some Memes for good luck and health to our Boys:
BDCD05B7-D09A-4932-85A6-3D3C48DA3CCF.jpeg
1BC9FA78-385E-4CF1-A5CC-1E16BE38DFF8.jpeg
722155C3-F954-4D53-9FAA-F9DCF89B6244.jpeg
B825E458-D2E8-4CA2-8E02-53E6DBA2839F.jpeg
F3DDF08D-B3FB-48F2-9C9C-CF859D660158.jpeg
2093F5D8-CEDC-4121-984D-7CF44D71492B.jpeg
E17B1335-C00D-4B3C-833C-7FE76E92DD69.jpeg
648A23DA-E151-4AAA-8B7B-D28F2152E87E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Like @tardigrade81 When the Oil play the Sens, this is my matchup of indifference. Either team wins and I come away happy with the outcome.

Have been a fan of DRW since the days of Norm Ullman, Mickey Redmond, Delvechio, Dionne , Libbett, Reed Larson and then the Ilitch years. Maybe it was the original connection to the Edmonton Flyers, but they’ve always been my fave. I cheer for the Oilers mainly because of geography but they are like Mikko to me, I love them I hate them, I rally around them when all hope seems lost.

Go teams go (but tonight, get the win Oilers, I want to watch meaningful playoff hockey this year!).

Great GDT again @Ginger Papa , always enjoy you setting the stage.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Like @tardigrade81 When the Oil play the Sens, this is my matchup of indifference. Either team wins and I come away happy with the outcome.

Have been a fan of DRW since the days of Norm Ullman, Mickey Redmond, Delvechio, Dionne , Libbett, Reed Larson and then the Ilitch years. Maybe it was the original connection to the Edmonton Flyers, but they’ve always been my fave. I cheer for the Oilers mainly because of geography but they are like Mikko to me, I love them I hate them, I rally around them when all hope seems lost.

Go teams go (but tonight, get the win Oilers, I want to watch meaningful playoff hockey this year!).

Great GDT again @Ginger Papa , always enjoy you setting the stage.
That’s awesome man! Always nice to have games like this where you don’t care of the outcome. It’s unfortunate Edmonton isn’t in a playoff spot by a good 6 points or so but it is what it is. This should be a fun game.

I haven’t paid attention to Detroit much this season, but they were in the thick of the playoff race for the first half of the season. Looks like they have cooled off quite a bit. Such a brutal tough division with Florida, Tampa, Toronto and Boston in there.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
14-8-1 is still too high now imo.

To put that in perspective it would mean Vegas would have to get 30 points in 21 games to beat us. That’s 15-6, which is unlikely given how they’re playing. Vancouver would have to get 33 points in 22 games, which is something like 16-5-1.

To put it another way, if either of those teams actually pull that off they probably deserve to make it over the Oilers.

Oh I certainly agree 95 is looking like the number (90%probability), just saying aiming for 97 should eliminate any of the doubt, as like you say, the other teams would need a hell of a run to match or surpass it.

The shorter the runway gets on the season though the high percentage winning percentage runs don't look as daunting though. Either team pulls out a 5 game winning streak or wins 6 of 7 (which they've both done) it makes things look a lot more possible.

Ultimately, I still want them to catch the 2nd seed which likely needs 98+ so lots of work to do for them still.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Oh I certainly agree 95 is looking like the number (90%probability), just saying aiming for 97 should eliminate any of the doubt, as like you say, the other teams would need a hell of a run to match or surpass it.

The shorter the runway gets on the season though the high percentage winning percentage runs don't look as daunting though. Either team pulls out a 5 game winning streak or wins 6 of 7 (which they've both done) it makes things look a lot more possible.

Ultimately, I still want them to catch the 2nd seed which likely needs 98+ so lots of work to do for them still.
The other thing to keep in mind is we will likely hold the tiebreaker over both teams so they’ll need to get 1 more point than us. I would say 95 points gets us in easily and there’s a decent chance we get in with as low as 91.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
The other thing to keep in mind is we will likely hold the tiebreaker over both teams so they’ll need to get 1 more point than us. I would say 95 points gets us in easily and there’s a decent chance we get in with as low as 91.

While you might be right, If they only get to 91 points, I don't think they deserve to be in it, personally.

They should be able to hold off Vancouver as they are coming off a 6 in 7 stretch which typically leads to a meandering .500 stretch for a bit with average teams. However, Vegas has been in quite the slump since throttling Mike Smith on my birthday and has history behind them to suggest they'll get it going back the right way soon (injury situation notwithstanding) so I'm still expecting one more hot streak of significance from them. The question is whether they can have a 5 or 6 game run of 80% winning percentage or possibly a 10+ games run of 80% winning.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
While you might be right, If they only get to 91 points, I don't think they deserve to be in it, personally.

They should be able to hold off Vancouver as they are coming off a 6 in 7 stretch which typically leads to a meandering .500 stretch for a bit with average teams. However, Vegas has been in quite the slump since throttling Mike Smith on my birthday and has history behind them to suggest they'll get it going back the right way soon (injury situation notwithstanding) so I'm still expecting one more hot streak of significance from them. The question is whether they can have a 5 or 6 game run of 80% winning percentage or possibly a 10+ games run of 80% winning.
Vegas is feeling the full weight of the Eichel effect now. ;)

Reactions: bone

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
These are huge games for the Oilers, I hope they are up and ready for this one. I mean I'm sure they are, since they're professional athletes, but I'm hoping the execution is there. If the Oilers can beat the teams that they should, they'll put a lot of pressure on the teams around them in the standings.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

OilynutEsquire

Sep 24, 2021
Love how much tougher we are playing with Kassian, Archibald and Malone in the lineup, add Kane and Foegel to that mix and we have a very talented and physical forward group. Add a physical dman and we are set for the playoff grind.

Lets go boys, punch detroit in the mouth early and often, they have lots of skill, we need to show up and play our game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad