GDT: Game 60: Anaheim Ducks vs New Jersey Devils, 7pm PT, BSW (Henrique’s last game?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I bet nj with a decent goalie and one more solid defenseman would be the jersey we expect
Always watching the opposing broadcast to learn more about the other team (and avoid the Jersey announcers who constantly make excuses).

But the abuse the Ducks crew is heaping on Nico Daws are way off the mark.

Sure the shots are way in favor of the Ducks but other than the first goal it's hard to pin any of the Ducks' goals on Daws.

At the other end, much of what Dostal has faced has been from the perimeter; with the Ducks rallying to the front to prevent second chances and deflections.

That was especially true on the cross crease goal by Vatrano were he crossed in front with no opposition.

When the Devils had a similar chance it was number 60 preventing the forward from reaching the puck.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Always watching the opposing broadcast to learn more about the other team (and avoid the Jersey announcers who constantly make excuses).

Sure the shots are way in favor of the Ducks but other than the first goal it's hard to pin any of the Ducks' goals on Daws.

At the other end, much of what Dostal has faced has been from the perimeter; with the Ducks rallying to the front to prevent second chances and deflections.

That was especially true on the cross crease goal by Vatrano were he crossed in front with no opposition.

When the Devils had a similar chance it was number 60 preventing the forward from reaching the puck.
Don’t take it to heart, our announcer calls our players the wrong name 85% of the time.

• Haha
Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022

O. I am in no way disparaging NJ. I had them playoff bound to start season

I was just thinking if they had a little more on the backend that they would be where i perceived them to be

If the ducks were pts wise where nj is we would call it a good start out of the rebuild. Instead we sit essentially w same point total as last year at this time. (I know we are better but final results arent that different)

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
That gudas terry vats goal really was sexy tho

The last two games are why I think he can be a valuable player. Every time he does this he reverts to form or gets injured though.
Everytime i think we shouldnt qualify him he goes and has 1-2 good games and makes me question it

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
We're so back.

Well, yeah. When we gave up more SOG's, we started earning points last year. It appears to be the formula for this late season run.

Ducks later Feb 2024
Feb 15.
Score: Ducks 5, Sens 1 (Win)​
SOG: Ducks 20, Sens 34​

Feb 19
Score: Ducks 4, Sabres 3 (Win)​
SOG: Ducks 14, Sabers 37​

Feb 24
Score: Ducks 2, Kings 3 (Shootout loss)​
SOG: Ducks 24, Kings 50​

Then there's tonight
Current Score halfway in the 3rd period: Ducks 4, Devils 2​