BRUINS GDT GAME 60 10:08 PM - THE BEAR swims in Puget Sound - NESN, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1708934812021.png

1708935137777.png

1708934987188.png

1708935036393.png

Tonight's Officials

1708935845138.png
1708935888210.png

Referees Frederick L'Ecuyer (17), Brandon Blandina (39)
Linespersons Ben O'Quinn (91), Ryan Gibbons (58)

Ntl. Anthem - Ann Wilson

TONIGHT’S GAME-The Bruins travel to Seattle tonight in the second of two games between these teams this season and the Bruins’ lone visit to Climate Pledge Arena this year ... The Bruins are 34-12- 13 overall this season and they are 16-5-8 on the road ... They are 15-4-8 ingames vs. Western Conference teams this season.-The Bruins conclude their four-game road trip tonight in Seattle (1-0-2) ... They will return home to host Vegas on 2/29 before a two-game trip to NY Islanders on 3/2 and Toronto on 3/4.

INJURIES (104 Man-games lost)- Matt Poitras: 2/7 right shoulder surgery (LTIR)- Hampus Lindholm: Lower body

BOSTON vs SEATTLE, LIFETIME SERIES- The Bruins and Kraken are meeting for the sixth time in their histories with a 3-2-0 record and a 16-13 Seattle scoring edge in thosegames.- The Bruins have won both of their games vs. the Kraken in Seattle with a 9-7 scoring advantage in those contests.

MILESTONES APPROACHING- Jim Montgomery’s next win will be his 100th win behind the Boston bench.- David Pastrnak is 1 point short of his 700th NHL point.- Brandon Carlo is 1 point short of his 100th NHL point.- Hampus Lindholm is 1 point shy of his 300th NHL point.- Brad Marchand is 2 goals shy of his 400th NHL goal.- Jeremy Swayman is 2 wins shy of his third 20-win season (3rd consecutive and overall).- James van Riemsdyk is 5 games short of his 1,000th NHL game.

1708935414779.png

Judging by the Boston Bruins' recent form, fans in Seattle might get ready for some bonus hockey Monday night at Climate Pledge Arena.

The Bruins, who entered the week tied for first place in the Eastern Conference with the New York Rangers, have worked overtime in each of their past five games and six of their past seven.

The only game during that stretch that was decided in regulation came Feb. 15 in Boston, a 4-1 loss to the Kraken. Massachusetts natives Matty Beniers (goal, two assists) and Joey Daccord (36 saves) led the way for Seattle that night.

According to the NHL's stats department, only once before in the Bruins' 100-year history had they played five consecutive OT games. That was in January 1932, with four of those ending in ties as the league didn't yet employ sudden death.

The Bruins are 1-0-2 on their four-game Western swing, which concludes in Seattle.

The Bruins blew a two-goal lead entering the third period Saturday in Vancouver and the Canucks scored a power-play goal in overtime to prevail 3-2 after Boston was whistled for having too many men on the ice.

"It's a game you should close out," said Bruins coach Jim Montgomery, whose team allowed two goals in the last 7:11 of regulation, including the tying tally with 1:11 and the Canucks' goalie pulled for an extra attacker. "I don't like how we sat back and we had some costly mistakes that are mental-awareness breakdowns."

That came after a 6-5 overtime victory Wednesday -- in which the Bruins gave up a three-goal lead -- and a 3-2 OT loss Thursday in Calgary.

"Down the stretch good teams find ways to finish up those games, and we consider ourselves a good team," Bruins forward Danton Heinen said. "So, we definitely put pressure on ourselves to close those out, and that's disappointing, but put it behind us and learn from it."

The Kraken feel much the same way after a 5-2 loss Saturday against visiting Minnesota snapped their four-game point streak (3-0-1).

That left the Kraken in sixth place in the Western Conference's wild-card chase, five points out of the second and final berth.

"I don't think we should be frustrated, I think we should be pretty upset with ourselves," Kraken coach Dave Hakstol said. "There's moments in the game that are game-changing moments that two nights ago (in a 5-2 win against visiting Vancouver), we met every one of those moments. (Saturday), we didn't meet very many of them."

Kraken defenseman Vince Dunn scored on the game's opening shift before Minnesota scored five in a row, including a pair on the power play.

"Not a whole lot to take away from it," Dunn said. "Maybe just remember how much it sucks to lose. Being outworked in our own building -- that's not what any of us deserve for each other in this dressing room.

"It's a big loss right now. We know these points are important."

Daccord was pulled from a game for the first time in his 51 NHL starts after allowing four goals on 13 shots.

"This is not on him," said Hakstol, "but just like everybody else, he's going to have to address his own performance, shake it off and be ready to go for the next one."

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
For anyone going tonight ...You know what to do...Cheer loud for our boys and have a blast.

It is a nice arena with 2 jumbotrons.
We are driving into Seattle now. Snowing hard. Snoquamie Pass needs to stay open a few more hours so we can get through. Sitting behind the goal the Bruins shoot at twice. Six of us in the second row. We will cheer LOUD !!!!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I have a server upgrade that begins at 2am. It might last a half hour, it might last 8 hours. I think I'll be going to sleep around puck drop and will watch tomorrow afternoon.

Not expecting fireworks

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
We are driving into Seattle now. Snowing hard. Snoquamie Pass needs to stay open a few more hours so we can get through. Sitting behind the goal the Bruins shoot at twice. Six of us in the second row. We will cheer LOUD !!!!
Drive with care! I don't yet know where my daughter is sitting.

I will watch for you!

Reactions: eightspokedb

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Judging by the Bruins’ recent form, fans in Seattle might get ready for some bonus hockey Monday night at Climate Pledge Arena.
The Bruins, who entered the week tied for first place in the Eastern Conference with the New York Rangers, have worked overtime in each of their past five games and six of their past seven.
The only game during that stretch that was decided in regulation came Feb. 15 in Boston, a 4-1 loss to the Kraken. Massachusetts natives Matty Beniers (goal, two assists) and Joey Daccord (36 saves) led the way for Seattle that night.
Boston has nearly its full lineup back, as there are no new names on the injury report (Hampus Lindholm and Matt Poitras remain on injured reserve).

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Big game tonite ,they need a regulation win badly.Stay out of the box because when they are 5 on 5 Swayman posts unbelievable numbers at a .941 SV % & 1.71 goals against .Could not believe that Greg Wycnewski or however he spells it has Swayman 8th in goaltending with Saros ahead of him.Yup, I thought he was smarter then that.

No way i watch thid one
Bruins in regulation then :biglaugh:

Reactions: BTO and Ladyfan

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
WOW o_O ST went up a lot and playoff prices are crazy.
O yes, the inflation is real sadly.First time in 10 yrs I never attended Bruins game mind you I was sore that day :huh:.I went down to Seattle 2 summers ago to watch a couple MLB games & stayed outside the city to beat my costs down but it was still pricy.Word to wise ,anyone attending Mariners games get your seats on 3rd base side or bring every sun repellent you have :teach: :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad