GDT: Game 6: Vegas Golden Knights @ Connor Bedard Ft Others | 5:00PM | Lets keep on rolling

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
:vegas :hawks
Vegas Golden Knights @ Connor Bedard
21st October, 2023 | 5:00PM
United Centre | Chicago, IL

:vegas

VGK-F.jpg
VGK-D.jpg

VGK-G.jpg

:hawks

749f4980-5ee2-11ee-b95f-04978d4a6e2a

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
We've had maybe one truly good game all season, and another pretty good game. Both came against the Sharks and Ducks in their first games of the season. A soft schedule has helped us.

However we have a few levels better we are capable of playing, and we have found ways to win. And we've had flashes of showing what we're capable of.

But I think Cassidy might be the least happy 6-0 coach in a while.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
We've had maybe one truly good game all season, and another pretty good game. Both came against the Sharks and Ducks in their first games of the season. A soft schedule has helped us.

However we have a few levels better we are capable of playing, and we have found ways to win. And we've had flashes of showing what we're capable of.

But I think Cassidy might be the least happy 6-0 coach in a while.
With how much we've played in nuetral, 5-0 in impressive.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
This may be great for us. We have a record of 6-0 as defending champions but they definitely can't get too big a head because they know they haven't played to their ability yet. So it shouldn't be difficult to get them to get back to work.

Reactions: WhataKnight

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
This may be great for us. We have a record of 6-0 as defending champions but they definitely can't get too big a head because they know they haven't played to their ability yet. So it shouldn't be difficult to get them to get back to work.
We're down two big defensemen, as Cup champs other teams are always up for us and it's early so there's bound to be some rust.

What I think is being overlooked is our goaltending. NHL.com had us rated as the 16th best goalie tandem, from what I've seen, Hill and Thompson look tremendous and I do not think it's a fluke. Of the contenders (I know it's early and there's always the trade deadline) Edmonton,, LA, New Jersey, Toronto all look like they may have some issues there, and the backups in Colorado and NY aren't very good.

Reactions: WhataKnight

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
We're down two big defensemen, as Cup champs other teams are always up for us and it's early so there's bound to be some rust.

What I think is being overlooked is our goaltending. NHL.com had us rated as the 16th best goalie tandem, from what I've seen, Hill and Thompson look tremendous and I do not think it's a fluke. Of the contenders (I know it's early and there's always the trade deadline) Edmonton,, LA, New Jersey, Toronto all look like they may have some issues there, and the backups in Colorado and NY aren't very good.

We've also had a very, very friendly schedule. I think they know they need to be better. I'm not worried about it, I'm sure they will work it out and improve, but it has been a thing through the first six games. And Colorado already looks like they will be an issue again.

Marchessault has scored goals and Eichel's gotten points but even Marchessault mentioned his line needs to be better overall.

It is encouraging though that we can win when we aren't at our best and are establishing the routine of raising our game at crucial points and being resourceful.

I do agree that it looks like we may get top five goaltending this season and it is something that could help set us apart this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad